31 Aug 2003 00:42:46
garfangle
Just speculating...

How devastating would be a typical marker be with instead of
paintballs you could replace the shots with nitroglycerin (sp?)
enclosed balls. Of course, I am not talking about using it against
people but other targets. ;)

Ciao.

31 Aug 2003 12:07:02
P8ntGuns4Sale
Re: Just speculating...

as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of the air
hitting the ball in the receiver!

31 Aug 2003 11:43:31
Insane Ranter
Re: Just speculating...

"P8ntGuns4Sale" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of the
air
> hitting the ball in the receiver!

Hell just loading the hopper could be deadly

31 Aug 2003 09:01:57
Mofaz
Re: Just speculating...

And if you DID manage to get the balls in the hopper, think what it could do
if your hopper go jammed during a game. Of course, you'd hit it and shake
it to chamber a ball.

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
-Winston Churchill
--
"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "P8ntGuns4Sale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of
the
> air
> > hitting the ball in the receiver!
> >

> Hell just loading the hopper could be deadly

31 Aug 2003 13:48:57
Dave @ Splashpattern.Com
Re: Just speculating...

Bah!

Nitro's reputation is much worse than it's reality. Treat it right and it's
no big deal. As for the OP's idea of nitro filled paintballs, that would
most likely end up being described as "unreliable." If it *did* go as
planned? Well, you're talking about 2ish grams.... That's enough to flat
ruin your day, but it's not going to destroy a city block (although
Hollywood would make you believe that).

And I *love* the smell of Nitro!

VR,
ISEE member 200302878

"P8ntGuns4Sale" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of the
air
> hitting the ball in the receiver!

01 Sep 2003 07:28:02
Jeff Goslin
Re: Just speculating...

Just out of idle curiosity(since, if I recall correctly, you're into that
whole blowing things up for your job kind of thing)... how much damage WOULD
2 grams of nitrogylcerin do? Figures not necessary, just ball park it...
blow the bark off a tree? Blow a tree in half? Burn the paint on a car?
Blow a car up? What are we talking about, assuming the thing is travelling
at 200 MPH on impact with some (relatively) dense substance?

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD
http://www.goslin.info

"Dave @ Splashpattern.Com" <[email protected]_sucks.com > wrote in
message news:[email protected]

> Bah!
>
> Nitro's reputation is much worse than it's reality. Treat it right and
it's
> no big deal. As for the OP's idea of nitro filled paintballs, that would
> most likely end up being described as "unreliable." If it *did* go as
> planned? Well, you're talking about 2ish grams.... That's enough to flat
> ruin your day, but it's not going to destroy a city block (although
> Hollywood would make you believe that).
>
> And I *love* the smell of Nitro!
>
> VR,
> ISEE member 200302878
>
> "P8ntGuns4Sale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of
the
> air
> > hitting the ball in the receiver!

01 Sep 2003 18:54:08
Dave @ Splashpattern.Com
Re: Just speculating...

Oh, I'll guestimate it as "hold it in your hand and lose your arm."

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]ast.com...
> Just out of idle curiosity(since, if I recall correctly, you're into that
> whole blowing things up for your job kind of thing)... how much damage
WOULD
> 2 grams of nitrogylcerin do? Figures not necessary, just ball park it...
> blow the bark off a tree? Blow a tree in half? Burn the paint on a car?
> Blow a car up? What are we talking about, assuming the thing is
travelling
> at 200 MPH on impact with some (relatively) dense substance?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "Dave @ Splashpattern.Com" <[email protected]_sucks.com> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
> >
> > Bah!
> >
> > Nitro's reputation is much worse than it's reality. Treat it right and
> it's
> > no big deal. As for the OP's idea of nitro filled paintballs, that
would
> > most likely end up being described as "unreliable." If it *did* go as
> > planned? Well, you're talking about 2ish grams.... That's enough to
flat
> > ruin your day, but it's not going to destroy a city block (although
> > Hollywood would make you believe that).
> >
> > And I *love* the smell of Nitro!
> >
> > VR,
> > ISEE member 200302878
> >
> > "P8ntGuns4Sale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of
> the
> > air
> > > hitting the ball in the receiver!

01 Sep 2003 18:57:43
Dave @ Splashpattern.Com
Re: Just speculating...

"Dave @ Splashpattern.Com" <[email protected]_sucks.com > wrote in
message news:[email protected]

> Oh, I'll guestimate it as "hold it in your hand and lose your arm."

Hate to follow up my own post but it occured to me that the above could be
read to imply that you'd just be running around with a prothesis. So let me
restate.....

"Hold it in your hand and the coroner will log that your arm is missing."

02 Sep 2003 14:27:38
vercingetorix
Re: Just speculating...

I think you should try this and let us know. (My Darwin Awards report has
been somewhat wanting of late.)

--
"Ah, be careful what you say. Or you'll give yourself away. Odds are you
won't live to see tomorrow."
"garfangle" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> How devastating would be a typical marker be with instead of
> paintballs you could replace the shots with nitroglycerin (sp?)
> enclosed balls. Of course, I am not talking about using it against
> people but other targets. ;)
>
> Ciao.

02 Sep 2003 12:04:15
Nick W.
Re: Just speculating...

Yea, just make sure your marker won't chop any balls.

-Nick

"garfangle" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> How devastating would be a typical marker be with instead of
> paintballs you could replace the shots with nitroglycerin (sp?)
> enclosed balls. Of course, I am not talking about using it against
> people but other targets. ;)
>
> Ciao.

02 Sep 2003 12:06:21
Nick W.
Re: Just speculating...

My uncle workse with dynamite. He says he witnessed a fellow goofing off
with just a blasting cap and blew OFF his leg and hand....

-Nick

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Just out of idle curiosity(since, if I recall correctly, you're into that
> whole blowing things up for your job kind of thing)... how much damage
WOULD
> 2 grams of nitrogylcerin do? Figures not necessary, just ball park it...
> blow the bark off a tree? Blow a tree in half? Burn the paint on a car?
> Blow a car up? What are we talking about, assuming the thing is
travelling
> at 200 MPH on impact with some (relatively) dense substance?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "Dave @ Splashpattern.Com" <[email protected]_sucks.com> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
> >
> > Bah!
> >
> > Nitro's reputation is much worse than it's reality. Treat it right and
> it's
> > no big deal. As for the OP's idea of nitro filled paintballs, that
would
> > most likely end up being described as "unreliable." If it *did* go as
> > planned? Well, you're talking about 2ish grams.... That's enough to
flat
> > ruin your day, but it's not going to destroy a city block (although
> > Hollywood would make you believe that).
> >
> > And I *love* the smell of Nitro!
> >
> > VR,
> > ISEE member 200302878
> >
> > "P8ntGuns4Sale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of
> the
> > air
> > > hitting the ball in the receiver!

02 Sep 2003 12:11:39
Nick W.
Re: Just speculating...

Sorry to post twice on the same subject but just to give an idea of the
relative size of the blasting caps in the story I wrote before here is a
pic...

http://www.sccfd.org/pub_ed/blasting_caps.html

-Nick

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Just out of idle curiosity(since, if I recall correctly, you're into that
> whole blowing things up for your job kind of thing)... how much damage
WOULD
> 2 grams of nitrogylcerin do? Figures not necessary, just ball park it...
> blow the bark off a tree? Blow a tree in half? Burn the paint on a car?
> Blow a car up? What are we talking about, assuming the thing is
travelling
> at 200 MPH on impact with some (relatively) dense substance?
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "Dave @ Splashpattern.Com" <[email protected]_sucks.com> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
> >
> > Bah!
> >
> > Nitro's reputation is much worse than it's reality. Treat it right and
> it's
> > no big deal. As for the OP's idea of nitro filled paintballs, that
would
> > most likely end up being described as "unreliable." If it *did* go as
> > planned? Well, you're talking about 2ish grams.... That's enough to
flat
> > ruin your day, but it's not going to destroy a city block (although
> > Hollywood would make you believe that).
> >
> > And I *love* the smell of Nitro!
> >
> > VR,
> > ISEE member 200302878
> >
> > "P8ntGuns4Sale" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > as unstable as it is, you'd be lucky to survive the initial impact of
> the
> > air
> > > hitting the ball in the receiver!

04 Sep 2003 11:39:59
Rick Scott
Re: Just speculating...

(Jeff Goslin <[email protected] > uttered:)
> Just out of idle curiosity(since, if I recall correctly, you're into
> that whole blowing things up for your job kind of thing)... how much
> damage WOULD 2 grams of nitrogylcerin do? Figures not necessary,
> just ball park it... blow the bark off a tree? Blow a tree in
> half? Burn the paint on a car? Blow a car up? What are we talking
> about, assuming the thing is travelling at 200 MPH on impact with
> some (relatively) dense substance?

A text I'd read instructed someone crazy enough to mix up a batch
of nitroglycerin in their bathtub to make only a single tiny drop
at first. They were then to soak that drop into a piece of filter
paper, put it on an anvil, hit it with a hammer, and re-evaluate
whether or not they were crazy enough to continue.

Rick
--
key CF8F8A75 / print C5C1 F87D 5056 D2C0 D5CE D58F 970F 04D1 CF8F 8A75
When wise men disapprove, that's bad;

05 Sep 2003 22:01:43
Michael Hughes
Re: Just speculating...

yay, the c4 paintball..

that sounds like bounces. but hell, put a little detonator on it, and you
could blast away bunkers...not to mention most of the field.