22 Jan 2007 21:18:41
sherry
Eye Injuries

Hi, this has been on my mind for sometime now, and I wanted to ask you
all a few questions. I have read an article at Eye Injuries
http://medical-health-care-information.com/encyclopedia/E/Eye_Injuries.asp
Which says 'Eye Injuries -

It's common for a speck of dirt to get blown into your eye, for soap to
wash into your eye, or for you to accidentally bump your eye. For these
types of minor eye injuries, home treatment is usually all that is
needed. See an illustration of the eye. Some sports and recreational
activities increase the risk of eye injuries.
Very high-risk sports include boxing, wrestling, and martial arts.
High-risk sports include baseball, football, tennis, and fencing.
Low-risk sports include swimming and gymnastics (no body contact or use
of a ball, bat, or racquet). Blows to the eye.
While it must be true, I wonder what you have to say about it. Do let
me know!
Regards,
NAME - sherry

23 Jan 2007 08:51:27
Hardtime
Re: Eye Injuries

On 22 Jan 2007 21:18:41 -0800, "sherry" <[email protected] > wrote:

>Hi, this has been on my mind for sometime now, and I wanted to ask you
>all a few questions. I have read an article at Eye Injuries
>http://medical-health-care-information.com/encyclopedia/E/Eye_Injuries.asp
>Which says 'Eye Injuries -
>
>It's common for a speck of dirt to get blown into your eye, for soap to
>wash into your eye, or for you to accidentally bump your eye. For these
>types of minor eye injuries, home treatment is usually all that is
>needed. See an illustration of the eye. Some sports and recreational
>activities increase the risk of eye injuries.
>Very high-risk sports include boxing, wrestling, and martial arts.
>High-risk sports include baseball, football, tennis, and fencing.
>Low-risk sports include swimming and gymnastics (no body contact or use
>of a ball, bat, or racquet). Blows to the eye.

Actually I know a girl that lost eye sight to an eye because of a fall
on the balance beam. I admit it to be a little bit more rare but it
is there.

> While it must be true, I wonder what you have to say about it. Do let
>me know!
>Regards,
>NAME - sherry

With the proper safety equipment and practices I feel that it is very
safe. It only becomes a hazard when people are stupid or ignorant of
themselves and others. In today's society no one cares about the
other person and in fact at times a lot of people actually go out of
their way to display such ignorance of others. Just drive down the
road and watch that person on the cell phone that just drifts in front
of you while putting on their makeup or talking with others in their
car. Then they get upset if you pull around them or tap your horn in
order to make them more alert to their surroundings.

(`._Hardtime_.)

http://geocities.com/arcticjohn88/arcticjohn88

23 Jan 2007 14:41:04
Dave Lyon
Re: Eye Injuries

> While it must be true, I wonder what you have to say about it. Do let
> me know!
> Regards,
> NAME - sherry

I think eye injuries are bad, and should be avoided.

:)

23 Jan 2007 11:47:27
Jeff Goslin
Re: Eye Injuries

Playing paintball WITHOUT REGARD FOR SAFETY RULES is about the dumbest thing
a person can do. Taking off your mask where guns have barrel plugs/condoms
out of the guns is simply an accident waiting to happen. However, when you
follow all of the safety rules of paintball, you are actually as safe as if
you weren't playing paintball. There is no greater risk of eye injury.

All you need is to have a responsible party overseeing the paintball that is
being played, and to stop the game whenever someone accidentally violates
the safety rules(a mask falls off or is taken off during play, eg).

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD - www.goslin.info

"sherry" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi, this has been on my mind for sometime now, and I wanted to ask you
> all a few questions. I have read an article at Eye Injuries
> http://medical-health-care-information.com/encyclopedia/E/Eye_Injuries.asp
> Which says 'Eye Injuries -
>
> It's common for a speck of dirt to get blown into your eye, for soap to
> wash into your eye, or for you to accidentally bump your eye. For these
> types of minor eye injuries, home treatment is usually all that is
> needed. See an illustration of the eye. Some sports and recreational
> activities increase the risk of eye injuries.
> Very high-risk sports include boxing, wrestling, and martial arts.
> High-risk sports include baseball, football, tennis, and fencing.
> Low-risk sports include swimming and gymnastics (no body contact or use
> of a ball, bat, or racquet). Blows to the eye.
> While it must be true, I wonder what you have to say about it. Do let
> me know!
> Regards,
> NAME - sherry

23 Jan 2007 11:13:35
BEEFJERKYHUNTER
Re: Eye Injuries

Paintball is a very safe game/sport as long as you follow the rules. As
for most games, following the rules does minimize injuries.