30 Aug 2003 14:23:23
garfangle
Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

Whenever projectile weapons are involved in a multiplayer competition,
the games devolve towards either a variant of tag, capture-the-flag or
deathmatch. However, as noted before this makes it as a spectator
sport difficult to follow as a televised or video produced event. Can
you think of other forms of gameplay that would work to improve
paintball and enhance its visibility? For instance, instead of
shooting fellow players, your main objective is to hit inanimate
targets to accumulate points. Or perhaps combining sports, roller
derby with a gun?

Ciao.

30 Aug 2003 17:53:17
Michael Hughes
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

you know i thought this was a post in Alt.games.half-life.counterstrike for
a second

Paintball isnt meant for TV, i hate to say it, but its true.

"garfangle" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Whenever projectile weapons are involved in a multiplayer competition,
> the games devolve towards either a variant of tag, capture-the-flag or
> deathmatch. However, as noted before this makes it as a spectator
> sport difficult to follow as a televised or video produced event. Can
> you think of other forms of gameplay that would work to improve
> paintball and enhance its visibility? For instance, instead of
> shooting fellow players, your main objective is to hit inanimate
> targets to accumulate points. Or perhaps combining sports, roller
> derby with a gun?
>
> Ciao.

---

Insane Ranter
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

You sure it's TV isn't meant for paintball?????

"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> you know i thought this was a post in Alt.games.half-life.counterstrike
for
> a second
>
> Paintball isnt meant for TV, i hate to say it, but its true.
>

> "garfangle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Whenever projectile weapons are involved in a multiplayer competition,
> > the games devolve towards either a variant of tag, capture-the-flag or
> > deathmatch. However, as noted before this makes it as a spectator
> > sport difficult to follow as a televised or video produced event. Can
> > you think of other forms of gameplay that would work to improve
> > paintball and enhance its visibility? For instance, instead of
> > shooting fellow players, your main objective is to hit inanimate
> > targets to accumulate points. Or perhaps combining sports, roller
> > derby with a gun?
> >
> > Ciao.
>

> ---

Phelps
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

In article <[email protected] >,
[email protected] (garfangle) wrote:

> Whenever projectile weapons are involved in a multiplayer competition,
> the games devolve towards either a variant of tag, capture-the-flag or
> deathmatch. However, as noted before this makes it as a spectator
> sport difficult to follow as a televised or video produced event. Can
> you think of other forms of gameplay that would work to improve
> paintball and enhance its visibility? For instance, instead of
> shooting fellow players, your main objective is to hit inanimate
> targets to accumulate points. Or perhaps combining sports, roller
> derby with a gun?

They've tried the shooting targets route. It's called ISPC. Not too
TV friendly.

<http://www.ipsc.orgcolor=#0000FF> >

I sure as hell wouldn't try to rollerskate on a paint soaked floor.
I'm still of the opinion that X-ball isn't as TV-unfriendly as the
crowds here seem to think.

Phelps

--
"The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually
idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of

31 Aug 2003 14:32:33
Sir Nose
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

Games like President or AirForceOne provide a fairly consistent focal point.
A single player becomes the target, so the entire "other team" generally
heads for that direction. Unfortunately, in the current political climate,
these games are probably not very popular any longer, as the "other team"
tend to be referred to as "terrorists"...

>>> garfangle<[email protected]> 8/30/2003 4:23:23 PM >>>
Whenever projectile weapons are involved in a multiplayer competition,
the games devolve towards either a variant of tag, capture-the-flag or
deathmatch. However, as noted before this makes it as a spectator
sport difficult to follow as a televised or video produced event. Can
you think of other forms of gameplay that would work to improve
paintball and enhance its visibility? For instance, instead of
shooting fellow players, your main objective is to hit inanimate
targets to accumulate points. Or perhaps combining sports, roller
derby with a gun?

Ciao.

31 Aug 2003 11:39:11
Michael Hughes
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

that may be true, but paintball isnt meant for TV, It'll be tried, but if it
is, it will destroy most of the sport.

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You sure it's TV isn't meant for paintball?????
>
> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > you know i thought this was a post in Alt.games.half-life.counterstrike
> for
> > a second
> >
> > Paintball isnt meant for TV, i hate to say it, but its true.
> >

> > "garfangle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Whenever projectile weapons are involved in a multiplayer competition,
> > > the games devolve towards either a variant of tag, capture-the-flag or
> > > deathmatch. However, as noted before this makes it as a spectator
> > > sport difficult to follow as a televised or video produced event. Can
> > > you think of other forms of gameplay that would work to improve
> > > paintball and enhance its visibility? For instance, instead of
> > > shooting fellow players, your main objective is to hit inanimate
> > > targets to accumulate points. Or perhaps combining sports, roller
> > > derby with a gun?
> > >
> > > Ciao.
> >

> > ---

that may be true, but paintball isnt meant for TV, It'll be tried, but if it
is, it will destroy most of the sport.

"Insane Ranter" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> You sure it's TV isn't meant for paintball?????
>
> "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > you know i thought this was a post in Alt.games.half-life.counterstrike
> for
> > a second
> >
> > Paintball isnt meant for TV, i hate to say it, but its true.
> >

> > "garfangle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Whenever projectile weapons are involved in a multiplayer competition,
> > > the games devolve towards either a variant of tag, capture-the-flag or
> > > deathmatch. However, as noted before this makes it as a spectator
> > > sport difficult to follow as a televised or video produced event. Can
> > > you think of other forms of gameplay that would work to improve
> > > paintball and enhance its visibility? For instance, instead of
> > > shooting fellow players, your main objective is to hit inanimate
> > > targets to accumulate points. Or perhaps combining sports, roller
> > > derby with a gun?
> > >
> > > Ciao.
> >

> > ---

Insane Ranter
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

Never!

"Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> that may be true, but paintball isnt meant for TV, It'll be tried, but if
it
> is, it will destroy most of the sport.
>

> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > You sure it's TV isn't meant for paintball?????
> >
> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > you know i thought this was a post in
Alt.games.half-life.counterstrike
> > for
> > > a second
> > >
> > > Paintball isnt meant for TV, i hate to say it, but its true.
> > >

> > > "garfangle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
Can

> > > ---
> > >

> that may be true, but paintball isnt meant for TV, It'll be tried, but if
it
> is, it will destroy most of the sport.
>

> "Insane Ranter" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > You sure it's TV isn't meant for paintball?????
> >
> > "Michael Hughes" <dapaintschmuck**IZASEXYBEAST**@rcn.com> wrote in
message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > you know i thought this was a post in
Alt.games.half-life.counterstrike
> > for
> > > a second
> > >
> > > Paintball isnt meant for TV, i hate to say it, but its true.
> > >

> > > "garfangle" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > > news:[email protected]
Can

> > > ---

Dave @ Splashpattern.Com
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

Centerflag has a good focus point.

Terminator does too....although I find it hard to imagine that one going
over well on TV (it would be boring).

As for shooting inanimate objects and such.... doh! The archery and
firearms crowd have that pretty well covered, don't you think?

31 Aug 2003 19:02:47
Aerophyre
Re: Any other gameplay than CTF or deathmatch?

wow, thats retarded