31 Aug 2003 19:00:48
Aerophyre
A good mask?

I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore so
I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would be
appreciated. Thanks.

31 Aug 2003 18:17:09
Mofaz
Re: A good mask?

Nick has one used JT mask and one used Scott mask he's sellin'. You might
wanna contact him. [email protected]

--

Mofaz
- Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Why, you may take the most gallant sailor, the most intrepid
airman, or the most audacious soldier, put them at a table
together -- what do you get? The sum of their fears."
-Winston Churchill
--
"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore
so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would
be
> appreciated. Thanks.

31 Aug 2003 20:13:57
Andrew Faust
Re: A good mask?

"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would be
> appreciated. Thanks.

There's a new JT mask coming out. Don't remember what it's called (axiom?), but
it allows for really quick and easy removal of the lens. You may want to wait
and see if you like it before purchasing a mask now.

Andrew Faust

31 Aug 2003 23:29:21
Insane Ranter
Re: A good mask?

JT Flex 7

"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore
so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would
be
> appreciated. Thanks.

01 Sep 2003 00:53:23
phroboi
Re: A good mask?

I heard lots of great things about the JT Spectra Thermal goggles. My
friend bought one and he let me try it out. For the price I think it's
a really great mask, I now own one myself. You can get them for $36 +
shipping at pbgear.com.

01 Sep 2003 07:19:41
Jeff Goslin
Re: A good mask?

Whatever you get, make *SURE* it's a thermal lens system. My personal
favorite has been the JT Spectra for many years. Lightweight, secure
lens(some people complain that it's almost too secure, taking quite some
time to change a lens, but I say better safe than sorry, ya know),
relatively inexpensive. The JT Flex 7 is a rubberized version of the
Spectra system, many like that because they think they get bounces off the
rubber on the mask. I prefer hard plastic guarding my face, but that's just
me.

--
Jeff Goslin - MCSD
http://www.goslin.info

"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore
so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would
be
> appreciated. Thanks.

01 Sep 2003 12:11:55
Michael Hughes
Re: A good mask?

Look at JT, just get a thermal lens.

"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore
so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would
be
> appreciated. Thanks.

Look at JT, just get a thermal lens.

"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore
so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would
be
> appreciated. Thanks.

01 Sep 2003 18:05:21
ayar15
Re: A good mask?

The V Force series are exceptional values.

The Shield is hard sided, the Morph is soft sided. I have one of each.
They are cool, comfortable, and they NEVER fog. You can get them in colors,
too.

"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore
so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would
be
> appreciated. Thanks.

01 Sep 2003 19:40:33
vercingetorix
Re: A good mask?

I like my JT proteus because of the wider vision and also the mask is
lighter. However, I find my neck and chin are more exposed than with my
other masks.

--
"Ah, be careful what you say. Or you'll give yourself away. Odds are you
won't live to see tomorrow."

"Aerophyre" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years and
> ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it anymore
so
> I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt need
> to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions would
be
> appreciated. Thanks.

01 Sep 2003 15:46:21
Michael Hughes
Re: A good mask?

YOUR neck and chin are exposed? Try the Dye Invision, just DONT get shot in
the neck. There is absolutley NO protection. But i love it.

"vercingetorix" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:bhN4b.9152$%[email protected]
> I like my JT proteus because of the wider vision and also the mask is
> lighter. However, I find my neck and chin are more exposed than with my
> other masks.
>

> --
> "Ah, be careful what you say. Or you'll give yourself away. Odds are you
> won't live to see tomorrow."
> --- Johnny Rivers
>
> "Aerophyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years
and
> > ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it
anymore
> so
> > I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt
need
> > to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions
would
> be
> > appreciated. Thanks.

YOUR neck and chin are exposed? Try the Dye Invision, just DONT get shot in
the neck. There is absolutley NO protection. But i love it.

"vercingetorix" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:bhN4b.9152$%[email protected]
> I like my JT proteus because of the wider vision and also the mask is
> lighter. However, I find my neck and chin are more exposed than with my
> other masks.
>

> --
> "Ah, be careful what you say. Or you'll give yourself away. Odds are you
> won't live to see tomorrow."
> --- Johnny Rivers
>
> "Aerophyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years
and
> > ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it
anymore
> so
> > I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt
need
> > to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions
would
> be
> > appreciated. Thanks.

02 Sep 2003 00:10:57
Insane Ranter
Re: A good mask?

Don't stick it out so much you newb

"vercingetorix" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:bhN4b.9152$%[email protected]
> I like my JT proteus because of the wider vision and also the mask is
> lighter. However, I find my neck and chin are more exposed than with my
> other masks.
>

> --
> "Ah, be careful what you say. Or you'll give yourself away. Odds are you
> won't live to see tomorrow."
> --- Johnny Rivers
>
> "Aerophyre" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > I usually dont post to this group but I've been playing several years
and
> > ive finally decided my shitty ass 32 degrees mask isnt cutting it
anymore
> so
> > I want to get a new mask. I want something good quality but it doesnt
need
> > to be top of the line and price is important to me. Any suggestions
would
> be
> > appreciated. Thanks.

02 Sep 2003 12:13:09
Space Cadet
Re: A good mask?

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:19:07 GMT, "vercingetorix" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>Newb?

Newb....slang for "Newbian"...apparently you have not been in this
group too long..but it is a well known fact that Michael is a direct
decendant of Newbian royalty. But the funny part of that comment is
it's reference to the ancient Newbian custom of putting brass rings
around ones neck to increase it's length. New rings are added
periodically so that over time the Newbians can have necks exceeding
14 inches long. If I recall their belief is that the length of their
neck is a direct reflection of the length of their "manhood". Great
for scoring chicks...bad for paintball! There was a great special on
this custom a couple of weeks back on TLC.....although I could be off
on a couple of the details....I was on about my 8th Keystone...

:-)

SC

02 Sep 2003 19:13:00
vercingetorix
Re: A good mask?

Oh I get it. I'm a newb to this group? Not really. It has been months since
I posted to this group. We seem to have missed oneanother's existence. What
a great loss to me.

--
"Ah, be careful what you say. Or you'll give yourself away. Odds are you
won't live to see tomorrow."
--- Johnny Rivers
"Space Cadet" <redwoodman8*nospam*@yahoo.com > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:19:07 GMT, "vercingetorix" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> >Newb?
>

> Newb....slang for "Newbian"...apparently you have not been in this
> group too long..but it is a well known fact that Michael is a direct
> decendant of Newbian royalty. But the funny part of that comment is
> it's reference to the ancient Newbian custom of putting brass rings
> around ones neck to increase it's length. New rings are added
> periodically so that over time the Newbians can have necks exceeding
> 14 inches long. If I recall their belief is that the length of their
> neck is a direct reflection of the length of their "manhood". Great
> for scoring chicks...bad for paintball! There was a great special on
> this custom a couple of weeks back on TLC.....although I could be off
> on a couple of the details....I was on about my 8th Keystone...
>
> :-)
>

> SC

02 Sep 2003 15:20:11
Space Cadet
Re: A good mask?

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 19:13:00 GMT, "vercingetorix" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>Oh I get it. I'm a newb to this group? Not really. It has been months since
>I posted to this group. We seem to have missed oneanother's existence. What
>a great loss to me.

LOL!....sorry...I'm just in a smart ass mood today....apparently it's
spreading :-)

SC

08 Sep 2003 05:21:06
MathU41
Re: A good mask?

I personally use a modified JT Spectra Flex. Relatively cheap ($25 US for
mine), the flexible bottom part bounces really hard paint, and it won't fog up.
All I did was cut out every other little horizontal bars in the bottom piece to
make them square so it was easier to breath and shout with it, and dremeled
slots in the nose for a little extra airflow.

08 Sep 2003 12:17:25
The Gunslinger
Re: A good mask?

>All I did was cut out every other little horizontal bars in the bottom piece to
>make them square so it was easier to breath and shout with it,

Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
important piece of saftey equipment we have.

If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
in such a way are not allowed.

08 Sep 2003 11:08:50
Chris Phillipo
Re: A good mask?

In article <[email protected] >, [email protected]
says...

> >All I did was cut out every other little horizontal bars in the bottom piece to
> >make them square so it was easier to breath and shout with it,
>
> Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
> important piece of saftey equipment we have.
>
> If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
> in such a way are not allowed.

One modified in that way would still have better coverage than one of
those Tippmann/Scott masks do :)
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

08 Sep 2003 11:04:43
James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports
Re: A good mask?

The Gunslinger <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >All I did was cut out every other little horizontal bars in the bottom piece to
> >make them square so it was easier to breath and shout with it,
>
> Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
> important piece of saftey equipment we have.
>
> If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
> in such a way are not allowed.

I have found that all the goggle systems mentioned are indeed
respectable.
A few thoughts on each;
*JT Flex - be careful, the rubber on the bottom is too soft, it allows
a paintball under even normal conditions to push the rubber up and
allow you to get hit square in the kisser! taste bad, nice busted
lip!!
*Vforce - very nice, single thermal lens, pretty nifty. Probably one
of the best for fitting over my eye glasses
*Dye Invision - nice snug fitting goggle. Almost feels too snug, but
it isn't going anywhere!

I agree with an earlier comment, this is a very important piece of
equiptment.
It probably has as much "in my opinion" to do with my game performance
as my
marker. For if my goggle is driving me crazy I can not play
effectively.

08 Sep 2003 11:04:45
James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports
Re: A good mask?

The Gunslinger <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> >All I did was cut out every other little horizontal bars in the bottom piece to
> >make them square so it was easier to breath and shout with it,
>
> Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
> important piece of saftey equipment we have.
>
> If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
> in such a way are not allowed.

I have found that all the goggle systems mentioned are indeed
respectable.
A few thoughts on each;
*JT Flex - be careful, the rubber on the bottom is too soft, it allows
a paintball under even normal conditions to push the rubber up and
allow you to get hit square in the kisser! taste bad, nice busted
lip!!
*Vforce - very nice, single thermal lens, pretty nifty. Probably one
of the best for fitting over my eye glasses
*Dye Invision - nice snug fitting goggle. Almost feels too snug, but
it isn't going anywhere!

I agree with an earlier comment, this is a very important piece of
equiptment.
It probably has as much "in my opinion" to do with my game performance
as my
marker. For if my goggle is driving me crazy I can not play
effectively.

08 Sep 2003 15:20:26
Insane Ranter
Re: A good mask?

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message
> says...
> >
> > >All I did was cut out every other little horizontal bars in the bottom
piece to
> > >make them square so it was easier to breath and shout with it,
> >
> > Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
> > important piece of saftey equipment we have.
> >
> > If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
> > in such a way are not allowed.
> >

> One modified in that way would still have better coverage than one of
> those Tippmann/Scott masks do :)

And this somehow makes it ok?

08 Sep 2003 19:22:43
TONY SR.
Re: A good mask?

get contacts and get rid of the magoo look.
"James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <[email protected] > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> The Gunslinger <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
> > >All I did was cut out every other little horizontal bars in the bottom
piece to
> > >make them square so it was easier to breath and shout with it,
> >
> > Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
> > important piece of saftey equipment we have.
> >
> > If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
> > in such a way are not allowed.
>
> I have found that all the goggle systems mentioned are indeed
> respectable.
> A few thoughts on each;
> *JT Flex - be careful, the rubber on the bottom is too soft, it allows
> a paintball under even normal conditions to push the rubber up and
> allow you to get hit square in the kisser! taste bad, nice busted
> lip!!
> *Vforce - very nice, single thermal lens, pretty nifty. Probably one
> of the best for fitting over my eye glasses
> *Dye Invision - nice snug fitting goggle. Almost feels too snug, but
> it isn't going anywhere!
>
> I agree with an earlier comment, this is a very important piece of
> equiptment.
> It probably has as much "in my opinion" to do with my game performance
> as my
> marker. For if my goggle is driving me crazy I can not play
> effectively.

08 Sep 2003 16:44:00
Chris Phillipo
Re: A good mask?

In article <[email protected] >, [email protected] says...

> "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
> > says...

> piece to
> > >
> > > Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
> > > important piece of saftey equipment we have.
> > >
> > > If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
> > > in such a way are not allowed.
> > >

> > One modified in that way would still have better coverage than one of
> > those Tippmann/Scott masks do :)
>
> And this somehow makes it ok?

No, it illustrates how bad Scott goggles suck.
--
_________________________
http://www.ramsays-online.com

08 Sep 2003 23:38:03
Insane Ranter
Re: A good mask?

"Chris Phillipo" <[email protected] > wrote in message

> > "Chris Phillipo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > In article <[email protected]>, [email protected]
> > > says...

> > piece to

> > > One modified in that way would still have better coverage than one of
> > > those Tippmann/Scott masks do :)
> >
> > And this somehow makes it ok?
> >

> No, it illustrates how bad Scott goggles suck.

Tis why I don't buy them

09 Sep 2003 07:09:10

"TONY SR." <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> get contacts and get rid of the magoo look.

Why don't you act like an adult and stop putting people down because
they do not fit the mold of the way you think the world should be.

james

> "James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <[email protected]> wrote in
> message news:[email protected]
> > The Gunslinger <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<[email protected]>...
> piece to
> > >
> > > Ah...what smarts! Perhaps we should all modify the single most
> > > important piece of saftey equipment we have.
> > >
> > > If your local fields were following insurance policies. Masks modified
> > > in such a way are not allowed.
> >
> > I have found that all the goggle systems mentioned are indeed
> > respectable.
> > A few thoughts on each;
> > *JT Flex - be careful, the rubber on the bottom is too soft, it allows
> > a paintball under even normal conditions to push the rubber up and
> > allow you to get hit square in the kisser! taste bad, nice busted
> > lip!!
> > *Vforce - very nice, single thermal lens, pretty nifty. Probably one
> > of the best for fitting over my eye glasses
> > *Dye Invision - nice snug fitting goggle. Almost feels too snug, but
> > it isn't going anywhere!
> >
> > I agree with an earlier comment, this is a very important piece of
> > equiptment.
> > It probably has as much "in my opinion" to do with my game performance
> > as my
> > marker. For if my goggle is driving me crazy I can not play
> > effectively.

09 Sep 2003 18:59:47
TONY SR.
Re: A good mask?

do you realize that you lose 12% of your eyesight from NOT wearing contacts
and choosing glasses. the distance from your cornea to the lens accounts for
that 12%. it's your choice though ;-)
"James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <[email protected] > wrote in
message news:[email protected]
> "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
> > get contacts and get rid of the magoo look.
>
> Why don't you act like an adult and stop putting people down because
> they do not fit the mold of the way you think the world should be.
>
> james
>
> > "James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <[email protected]> wrote
in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > > The Gunslinger <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > piece to

> > > I have found that all the goggle systems mentioned are indeed
> > > respectable.
> > > A few thoughts on each;
> > > *JT Flex - be careful, the rubber on the bottom is too soft, it allows
> > > a paintball under even normal conditions to push the rubber up and
> > > allow you to get hit square in the kisser! taste bad, nice busted
> > > lip!!
> > > *Vforce - very nice, single thermal lens, pretty nifty. Probably one
> > > of the best for fitting over my eye glasses
> > > *Dye Invision - nice snug fitting goggle. Almost feels too snug, but
> > > it isn't going anywhere!
> > >
> > > I agree with an earlier comment, this is a very important piece of
> > > equiptment.
> > > It probably has as much "in my opinion" to do with my game performance
> > > as my
> > > marker. For if my goggle is driving me crazy I can not play
> > > effectively.

09 Sep 2003 18:14:18
Insane Ranter
Re: A good mask?

Did you know that Troy Aikman in only 6 years has passed for
16,303 yards?

"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Did you know that a human head weighs 8 pounds???
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > do you realize that you lose 12% of your eyesight from NOT wearing
> contacts
> > and choosing glasses. the distance from your cornea to the lens accounts
> for
> > that 12%. it's your choice though ;-)
> > "James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <[email protected]> wrote
in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > > "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > Why don't you act like an adult and stop putting people down because
> > > they do not fit the mold of the way you think the world should be.
> > >
> > > james

> wrote
> > in
> > bottom

> > modified

> allows

> performance

09 Sep 2003 22:20:22
TONY SR.
Re: A good mask?

in your case it's 9 pounds for that extra brainpower ;-)
"Jeff Goslin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Did you know that a human head weighs 8 pounds???
>
> --
> Jeff Goslin - MCSD
> It's not a god complex when you're always right
> http://www.goslin.info
>

> "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > do you realize that you lose 12% of your eyesight from NOT wearing
> contacts
> > and choosing glasses. the distance from your cornea to the lens accounts
> for
> > that 12%. it's your choice though ;-)
> > "James @ Extreme Outdoor Sports" <[email protected]> wrote
in
> > message news:[email protected]
> > > "TONY SR." <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:<[email protected]>...
> > >
> > > Why don't you act like an adult and stop putting people down because
> > > they do not fit the mold of the way you think the world should be.
> > >
> > > james

> wrote
> > in
> > bottom

> > modified

> allows

> performance

09 Sep 2003 20:36:23
Jeff Goslin
Re: A good mask?

"Phelps" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I don't know how many yards I've passed in the last six years. I
> figure it has been eight or nine inches a day, but I eat a lot of
> Mexican food off and on. If he's passed 16K yards...

Have you ever eaten a lot of cheese and steak and other high protein stuff,
like, a lot more than usual in a given period, and NOT taken a dump for a
while? If you wanna talk about lincoln log dumps, man, that's the way to do
it!

Wait, you're talking about FOOTBALL???

;)

--