11 Apr 2006 00:28:11
Howard Brazee
Top 3 Masters finishes

Jack has been in the top 3 an amazing 12 times. Who do you think are
#2 & #3?

10 Apr 2006 18:42:19
The World Wide Wade
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

In article <[email protected] >,
Howard Brazee <[email protected] > wrote:

> Jack has been in the top 3 an amazing 12 times. Who do you think are
> #2 & #3?

Hogan and Palmer?

10 Apr 2006 20:05:36
Howard Brazee
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:42:19 -0700, The World Wide Wade
<[email protected] > wrote:

>> Jack has been in the top 3 an amazing 12 times. Who do you think are
>> #2 & #3?
>
>Hogan and Palmer?

Half right.

10 Apr 2006 22:51:24
Wayne
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

Howard Brazee wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 18:42:19 -0700, The World Wide Wade
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>> Jack has been in the top 3 an amazing 12 times. Who do you think are
>>> #2 & #3?
>>
>>Hogan and Palmer?
>
> Half right.

Let's see. Going by memory, Tiger has 5 (4 wins and a 3rd). Mickelson had
something like 3 or 4 3rd place finishes in a row and he's now got 2 wins.
I'm gonna say that it's him because I think he had 3 in a row and then
another top 3 sometime in the 90s?

Wayne
--
www.nhlfa.com
"There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are

10 Apr 2006 20:30:45
Craig van Nieuwkerk
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

Greg Norman
81 - 4th
86 - T2
87 - 2nd
88 - T5
89 - T3
92 - T6
95 - T3
96 - 2nd
99 - 3rd

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Norman

Craig

11 Apr 2006 07:46:38
Howard Brazee
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:51:24 -0400, Wayne <[email protected] > wrote:

>Let's see. Going by memory, Tiger has 5 (4 wins and a 3rd). Mickelson had
>something like 3 or 4 3rd place finishes in a row and he's now got 2 wins.
>I'm gonna say that it's him because I think he had 3 in a row and then
>another top 3 sometime in the 90s?

Half right.

11 Apr 2006 07:49:13
Howard Brazee
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

On 10 Apr 2006 20:30:45 -0700, "Craig van Nieuwkerk"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Greg Norman
>81 - 4th
>86 - T2
>87 - 2nd
>88 - T5
>89 - T3
>92 - T6
>95 - T3
>96 - 2nd
>99 - 3rd

Hmm. Six top-3 finishes above put him into a tie with the #3 player
mentioned on the radio.

11 Apr 2006 13:04:50
Wayne
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

Howard Brazee wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 22:51:24 -0400, Wayne <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Let's see. Going by memory, Tiger has 5 (4 wins and a 3rd). Mickelson
>>had something like 3 or 4 3rd place finishes in a row and he's now got 2
>>wins. I'm gonna say that it's him because I think he had 3 in a row and
>>then another top 3 sometime in the 90s?
>
> Half right.

So, now I have to choose between Arnie and Hogan. Only because he played
more and won 4, I'll say Arnie to go with Mickelson.

Wayne
--
www.nhlfa.com
"There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are
intolerant of other peoples' cultures, and the Dutch."
-Nigel Powers

11 Apr 2006 11:19:34
Howard Brazee
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 13:04:50 -0400, Wayne <[email protected] > wrote:

>So, now I have to choose between Arnie and Hogan. Only because he played
>more and won 4, I'll say Arnie to go with Mickelson.

Doing some research, I'm finding Arnie, Greg, & Phil all have 6. Ben
had 2 wins, 4 seconds, and at least one 3rd place finish, so he's
second.

Most Top 5 Finishes
15 - Jack Nicklaus
9 - Ben Hogan
9 - Tom Kite
9 - Arnold Palmer
9 - Sam Snead
9 - Tom Watson

11 Apr 2006 10:37:41
Re: Top 3 Masters finishes

According to Dalecki, that means he choked 6 times. And he probably
deserves no credit for the six wins he had. He backed into all of them.
Yeah right.

Ken