31 Dec 2004 14:17:22
Plat
Playing after a long layoff

Well, after a 3-month layoff due to injury, I actually got on a golf course
yesterday. I have hit some balls on the range in the last few weeks, weather
permitting, and things seemed to go fine pain wise and ability wise. Let me
preface this story by saying I was pretty damn grateful to have avoided
surgery and just be playing this crazy game.

It was 60 degrees yesterday, and it is supposed to be in the 60's here in NC
for the next few days. I blew off work and drove down to Pinehurst with
some friends to play one of my favorite affordable courses down there (you
can always get some great deals in Pinehurst in the winter or the summer).

Expectations are a funny thing. I guess I had a mixture of feelings getting
back on the course- grateful (I keep saying that), maybe a little fearful of
getting hurt again, tension because I took time off during a particularly
nasty, week-long situation at work, expectations that I would still maybe be
able to play to the 11 handicap I had left back in early Sept....

Ok, in a word, or maybe two... I SUCKED!!! No tempo, no feel. Blading
wedges, topping drivers. Now that I look back on it, I should have laughed
my ass off, because there were some really funny things that happened. But
after about 13 holes of really really bad play (I don't think I've seen that
many double bogeys in a looooong time), I allowed myself to get pretty
frustrated. I fell prey to those nasty expectations and tension. I think I
may have come up with some new colorful 4-letter word phrases, to my
friend's delight. Always glad to be the entertainment for the day. Did I
say I was grateful to just be playing? I think I said that.

The good news is that even with all the tension in my swing, my shoulder did
fine. And I did have a couple of good holes. My ego was sorely bruised,
however. Golf can do that do you. Maybe I had just forgotten how humbling
the game can be!

So, today is whole new day. The office is closed. I'm playing again at a
local course. I think I will approach it with a better attitude. Maybe I
*really* will just be grateful to be playing. And we'll see how it goes!

31 Dec 2004 17:06:02
bill-o
Re: Playing after a long layoff

Welcome back to the gemme Plat! Just take it easy ok!

--
bill-o

31 Dec 2004 17:58:19
gman99

Plat <[email protected] > wrote:
> Well, after a 3-month layoff due to injury, I actually got on a golf
> course yesterday.

Wow...many of us have a 3 to 6 month layoff EVERY year....kinda hard to
golf in the SNOW !

31 Dec 2004 15:59:46
DamnYankeeBastard
Re: Playing after a long layoff

"Plat" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:BDFAC99A.2081D%[email protected]
> Well, after a 3-month layoff due to injury, I actually got on a golf
course
> yesterday. I have hit some balls on the range in the last few weeks,
weather
> permitting, and things seemed to go fine pain wise and ability wise. Let
me
> preface this story by saying I was pretty damn grateful to have avoided
> surgery and just be playing this crazy game.
>
> It was 60 degrees yesterday, and it is supposed to be in the 60's here in
NC
> for the next few days. I blew off work and drove down to Pinehurst with
> some friends to play one of my favorite affordable courses down there (you
> can always get some great deals in Pinehurst in the winter or the summer).
>
> Expectations are a funny thing. I guess I had a mixture of feelings
getting
> back on the course- grateful (I keep saying that), maybe a little fearful
of
> getting hurt again, tension because I took time off during a particularly
> nasty, week-long situation at work, expectations that I would still maybe
be
> able to play to the 11 handicap I had left back in early Sept....
>
> Ok, in a word, or maybe two... I SUCKED!!! No tempo, no feel. Blading
> wedges, topping drivers. Now that I look back on it, I should have laughed
> my ass off, because there were some really funny things that happened. But
> after about 13 holes of really really bad play (I don't think I've seen
that
> many double bogeys in a looooong time), I allowed myself to get pretty
> frustrated. I fell prey to those nasty expectations and tension. I think I
> may have come up with some new colorful 4-letter word phrases, to my
> friend's delight. Always glad to be the entertainment for the day. Did I
> say I was grateful to just be playing? I think I said that.
>
> The good news is that even with all the tension in my swing, my shoulder
did
> fine. And I did have a couple of good holes. My ego was sorely bruised,
> however. Golf can do that do you. Maybe I had just forgotten how humbling
> the game can be!
>
> So, today is whole new day. The office is closed. I'm playing again at a
> local course. I think I will approach it with a better attitude. Maybe I
> *really* will just be grateful to be playing. And we'll see how it goes!

I'm planning on playing tomorrow (New Years Day) after a 2.5 month layoff
due to weather. Playing Jan 1 around here (NorthCentral PA) is almost
unheard of but it's going to be in the high 40s and we don't have snow so
we're playing.

DYB

31 Dec 2004 22:56:04
Peter Strauss

On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 14:17:22 GMT, Plat <[email protected] > wrote:

> Well, after a 3-month layoff due to injury, I actually got on a golf course
> yesterday. I have hit some balls on the range in the last few weeks, weather
> permitting, and things seemed to go fine pain wise and ability wise. Let me
> preface this story by saying I was pretty damn grateful to have avoided
> surgery and just be playing this crazy game.

<snip >
> The good news is that even with all the tension in my swing, my shoulder did
> fine. And I did have a couple of good holes. My ego was sorely bruised,
> however.

Good news indeed, Plat, and for the ego, tonight is the night to give
it some ego-nogg (ooooooohhh, bad!) and let it celebrate.
You had some good holes. Great!
Glad you're back on the course.

HNY,
Peter

31 Dec 2004 23:11:28
Plat
Re: Playing after a long layoff

Thanks, Bill-o!! I'm really trying not to overdo it. We medical
professionals are really bad at following our own advice. :-)

Today went better after a rather disappointing front 9. I figured out a
posture/address thingie, and on the back 9 I was striking the ball much
better. Had a 20-foot eagle putt (3-putt, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR), and picked a few
wrong clubs (didn't account for temps cooling off after 3:30) for approach
shots to come up short, but I was relatively happy with a 43, all things
considered. Attitude was improved!!

My staff teaches a golf-specific conditioning class twice a week, and
instead of teaching it, I will be taking it this winter. Part of my rehab...
by spring, I hope to be in top shape for the warm weather!

> From: bill-o <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
> Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 17:06:02 GMT
> Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff
>
> Welcome back to the gemme Plat! Just take it easy ok!
>

> Plat wrote:
>> Well, after a 3-month layoff due to injury, I actually got on a golf course
>> yesterday. I have hit some balls on the range in the last few weeks, weather
>> permitting, and things seemed to go fine pain wise and ability wise. Let me
>> preface this story by saying I was pretty damn grateful to have avoided
>> surgery and just be playing this crazy game.
>>
>> It was 60 degrees yesterday, and it is supposed to be in the 60's here in NC
>> for the next few days. I blew off work and drove down to Pinehurst with
>> some friends to play one of my favorite affordable courses down there (you
>> can always get some great deals in Pinehurst in the winter or the summer).
>>
>> Expectations are a funny thing. I guess I had a mixture of feelings getting
>> back on the course- grateful (I keep saying that), maybe a little fearful of
>> getting hurt again, tension because I took time off during a particularly
>> nasty, week-long situation at work, expectations that I would still maybe be
>> able to play to the 11 handicap I had left back in early Sept....
>>
>> Ok, in a word, or maybe two... I SUCKED!!! No tempo, no feel. Blading
>> wedges, topping drivers. Now that I look back on it, I should have laughed
>> my ass off, because there were some really funny things that happened. But
>> after about 13 holes of really really bad play (I don't think I've seen that
>> many double bogeys in a looooong time), I allowed myself to get pretty
>> frustrated. I fell prey to those nasty expectations and tension. I think I
>> may have come up with some new colorful 4-letter word phrases, to my
>> friend's delight. Always glad to be the entertainment for the day. Did I
>> say I was grateful to just be playing? I think I said that.
>>
>> The good news is that even with all the tension in my swing, my shoulder did
>> fine. And I did have a couple of good holes. My ego was sorely bruised,
>> however. Golf can do that do you. Maybe I had just forgotten how humbling
>> the game can be!
>>
>> So, today is whole new day. The office is closed. I'm playing again at a
>> local course. I think I will approach it with a better attitude. Maybe I
>> *really* will just be grateful to be playing. And we'll see how it goes!
>>

> --
> bill-o

31 Dec 2004 23:13:44
Plat
Re: Playing after a long layoff

> From: [email protected] (gman99)
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
> Date: 31 Dec 2004 17:58:19 GMT
> Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff
>
> Plat <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Well, after a 3-month layoff due to injury, I actually got on a golf
>> course yesterday.
>
> Wow...many of us have a 3 to 6 month layoff EVERY year....kinda hard to
> golf in the SNOW !

As a transplanted northerner, I do feel your pain! We've been pretty lucky
this winter in NC. A lot of people play year-round here, but I confess to
being a wimp when it comes to "cold". I prefer to play when the temps are
above 60- my joints just feel better.

31 Dec 2004 15:14:21
The Rev

Plat wrote this thusly:
> Ok, in a word, or maybe two... I SUCKED!!! No tempo, no feel. Blading
> wedges, topping drivers. Now that I look back on it, I should have
laughed
> my ass off, because there were some really funny things that
happened. But
> after about 13 holes of really really bad play (I don't think I've
seen that
> many double bogeys in a looooong time), I allowed myself to get
pretty
> frustrated. I fell prey to those nasty expectations and tension. I
think I
> may have come up with some new colorful 4-letter word phrases, to my
> friend's delight. Always glad to be the entertainment for the day.
Did I
> say I was grateful to just be playing? I think I said that.

I always figured a day filled with really funny swears on a golf course
beats any day anywhere else, but I'm young and impressionable or
something like that. (Also, insert the usual disclaimer re: no, it's
not better than twelve courses at the French Laundry followed by a
hanging-from-the-chandelier threesome with the actress from Y Tu Mama
Tambien and that bobblehead doll on Everyday Italian - but you know
what I mean.)

What you've experienced is very much like what most Canadians
experience for the first couple of rounds out each year (except for
those tree-hugging commies on the Left Coast - HNY to ya, Cotter :D).
Fugly, fugly golf, punctuated with the occasional (accidental?) flash
of brilliance. I don't even keep score for a while...just try to get
my rythym back, my sense of timing, my short game. So I go out and I
smoke like Hogan and I joke like Demeret and I chip like Runyan and I
score like, well, me...but I grin from ear to fuckin' ear, 'cause,
really, where the hell else would I rather be?
Todd - oh yeah, the French Laundry :D

01 Jan 2005 02:53:43

Plat wrote:

> Today went better after a rather disappointing front 9. I figured out a
> posture/address thingie, and on the back 9 I was striking the ball much
> better. Had a 20-foot eagle putt (3-putt, GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR),

It is weird how 3-putting for par or bogey is more upsetting
(for me at least) than for a higher number. I should say
for bogey 'cause a) I can count the times I've reached a
5-par in two on one hand and b) got the birdie 4/5 times;
eagled the other. It remains my lone...

> My staff teaches a golf-specific conditioning class twice a week, and
> instead of teaching it, I will be taking it this winter. Part of my rehab...
> by spring, I hope to be in top shape for the warm weather!

And remember to follow those Dr's orders ;-)

--
bill-o

01 Jan 2005 02:56:16

The Rev wrote:
>So I go out and I
> smoke like Hogan and I joke like Demeret and I chip like Runyan and I
> score like, well, me...but I grin from ear to fuckin' ear, 'cause,
> really, where the hell else would I rather be?

Classic Rev!

--
bill-o

01 Jan 2005 06:49:25
Peter Strauss
Re: Playing after a long layoff

On 31 Dec 2004 15:14:21 -0800, "The Rev"
<[email protected] > wrote:

> I always figured a day filled with really funny swears on a golf course
> beats any day anywhere else, but I'm young and impressionable or
> something like that. (Also, insert the usual disclaimer re: no, it's
> not better than twelve courses at the French Laundry

Tell you what, son...get yourself out here to the left coast and we'll
see about maybe having a repast at the French Laundry after a round or
two.
Lots of advance warning needed, I understand, because reservations are
hard come by otherwise up there.
(Up there: Yountville, by Napa, north of San Francisco -- location of
the French Laundry.)

01 Jan 2005 12:40:52
Plat
Re: Playing after a long layoff

> From: "The Rev" <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
> Date: 31 Dec 2004 15:14:21 -0800
> Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff
>

> Plat wrote this thusly:
>> Ok, in a word, or maybe two... I SUCKED!!! No tempo, no feel. Blading
>> wedges, topping drivers. Now that I look back on it, I should have
> laughed
>> my ass off, because there were some really funny things that
> happened. But
>> after about 13 holes of really really bad play (I don't think I've
> seen that
>> many double bogeys in a looooong time), I allowed myself to get
> pretty
>> frustrated. I fell prey to those nasty expectations and tension. I
> think I
>> may have come up with some new colorful 4-letter word phrases, to my
>> friend's delight. Always glad to be the entertainment for the day.
> Did I
>> say I was grateful to just be playing? I think I said that.
>
> I always figured a day filled with really funny swears on a golf course
> beats any day anywhere else, but I'm young and impressionable or
> something like that. (Also, insert the usual disclaimer re: no, it's
> not better than twelve courses at the French Laundry followed by a
> hanging-from-the-chandelier threesome with the actress from Y Tu Mama
> Tambien and that bobblehead doll on Everyday Italian - but you know
> what I mean.)
>
> What you've experienced is very much like what most Canadians
> experience for the first couple of rounds out each year (except for
> those tree-hugging commies on the Left Coast - HNY to ya, Cotter :D).
> Fugly, fugly golf, punctuated with the occasional (accidental?) flash
> of brilliance. I don't even keep score for a while...just try to get
> my rythym back, my sense of timing, my short game. So I go out and I
> smoke like Hogan and I joke like Demeret and I chip like Runyan and I
> score like, well, me...but I grin from ear to fuckin' ear, 'cause,
> really, where the hell else would I rather be?
> Todd - oh yeah, the French Laundry :D

Rev, I do believe you could teach *me* a few colorful epithets. And that
would be hard to do!! :-)

01 Jan 2005 12:47:10
Plat
Re: Playing after a long layoff

> From: bill-o <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
> Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:56:16 GMT
> Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff
>
> The Rev wrote:
>> So I go out and I
>> smoke like Hogan and I joke like Demeret and I chip like Runyan and I
>> score like, well, me...but I grin from ear to fuckin' ear, 'cause,
>> really, where the hell else would I rather be?
>
> Classic Rev!

I bet it would be an absolute kick to play a round or two with him. Not to
mention the requisite libations after the round!

01 Jan 2005 08:20:57
Dave Jones
Re: Playing after a long layoff

"Plat" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:BDFC05F9.20924%[email protected]

> > From: bill-o <[email protected]>
> > Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
> > Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:56:16 GMT
> > Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff
> >
> > The Rev wrote:
> >> So I go out and I
> >> smoke like Hogan and I joke like Demeret and I chip like Runyan and I
> >> score like, well, me...but I grin from ear to fuckin' ear, 'cause,
> >> really, where the hell else would I rather be?
> >
> > Classic Rev!
> >

> I bet it would be an absolute kick to play a round or two with him. Not to
> mention the requisite libations after the round!

wadda ya mean *after*? More like *during* :)

01 Jan 2005 23:59:55
Rick Rider

On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:47:10 GMT, Plat <[email protected] > wrote:

>> From: bill-o <[email protected]>
>> Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
>> Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:56:16 GMT
>> Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff
>>
>> The Rev wrote:
>>> So I go out and I
>>> smoke like Hogan and I joke like Demeret and I chip like Runyan and I
>>> score like, well, me...but I grin from ear to fuckin' ear, 'cause,
>>> really, where the hell else would I rather be?
>>
>> Classic Rev!
>>

>I bet it would be an absolute kick to play a round or two with him. Not to
>mention the requisite libations after the round!

After? Hell, son, it isn't golf unless you've honored the exquisite inventors of this
dreadful, but glorious, gemme by stashing a flask of an excellent single malt scotch
within the innards of your golfing bag. And, continuing the honor of the fine gents by
consuming said flask during the playing of the gemme.

--
Rick Rider

01 Jan 2005 17:39:25
The Rev

Peter Strauss wrote:
> Tell you what, son...get yourself out here to the left coast and
we'll
> see about maybe having a repast at the French Laundry after a round
or
> two.

Holy god. Bandon ruined me for golf...I'm afraid what'll happen if I
eat at the French Laundry too :D

I shall make every effort, sir. I'm still trying to figure out how to
get my practicum out on the Left Coast, about six or seven hours north
of the bay area...and that'd be basically The Greatest Day on Earth.
Golf PacDunes first thing in the morning in about 2:30, drive to
Yountville, eat at the Laundry, and then play Harding Park or Spanish
Bay the next day :D Although I heard that San Francisco CC is a hell
of a track too, at least in Tom Doak's estimation. Can we get on
there?

02 Jan 2005 06:55:22
Peter Strauss
Re: Playing after a long layoff

On 1 Jan 2005 17:39:25 -0800, "The Rev"
<[email protected] > wrote:

> Peter Strauss wrote:
> > Tell you what, son...get yourself out here to the left coast and
> we'll
> > see about maybe having a repast at the French Laundry after a round
> or
> > two.
>
> Holy god. Bandon ruined me for golf...I'm afraid what'll happen if I
> eat at the French Laundry too :D
>
> I shall make every effort, sir. I'm still trying to figure out how to
> get my practicum out on the Left Coast, about six or seven hours north
> of the bay area...and that'd be basically The Greatest Day on Earth.
> Golf PacDunes first thing in the morning in about 2:30, drive to
> Yountville,
That'd be one helluva drive. You got about 6 hours, maybe more,
coming down 101. Forget about the 5. Much too far East.

>eat at the Laundry, and then play Harding Park
That might not be bad. I'm working over there in February -- NCGA
Tournament Officials staff the San Francisco City Championships held
there and at Lincoln Park. I'll be, hopefully, at both
places...Lincoln isn't in such great shape, but the views are
unforgettable, especially that one hole on the back that looks right
into the Gate and the Bridge. I've never been to Harding...it's
expensive for outlanders like moi. But they have deals from time to
time, so it's a possibility.

>or Spanish
> Bay the next day :D
Spanish Bay has not got a great rep. in these parts, and I'm not at
all eager to play it. Poppy Hills would be a nice round, and that's
really economical for an NCGA member (myself) and guest (you.)
The others down there (Pebble, Spyglass Hill) are very very expensive.
Spy is up to about $275, and Pebble is out of the question, at $380 or
so.
>Although I heard that San Francisco CC is a hell
> of a track too, at least in Tom Doak's estimation. Can we get on
> there?
I can't find any listing for San Francisco Country Club. There is a
San Francisco Golf Club, off Brotherhood Way, down near the Olympic
Club. That what you mean?

p.

02 Jan 2005 23:58:44
Plat
Re: Playing after a long layoff

> From: Rick Rider <[email protected]>
> Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
> Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 23:59:55 GMT
> Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff
>
> On Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:47:10 GMT, Plat <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>> From: bill-o <[email protected]>
>>> Newsgroups: rec.sport.golf
>>> Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 02:56:16 GMT
>>> Subject: Re: Playing after a long layoff

>>> Classic Rev!
>>>

>> I bet it would be an absolute kick to play a round or two with him. Not to
>> mention the requisite libations after the round!
>

> After? Hell, son, it isn't golf unless you've honored the exquisite inventors
> of this
> dreadful, but glorious, gemme by stashing a flask of an excellent single malt
> scotch
> within the innards of your golfing bag. And, continuing the honor of the fine
> gents by
> consuming said flask during the playing of the gemme.

Heh heh! With my lack of alcohol tolerance, you'd be strapping me to the bag
holder on the cart by the 3rd hole. Heck, that might be pretty amusing.

02 Jan 2005 16:37:08
The Rev

Rick Rider wrote:
> After? Hell, son, it isn't golf unless you've honored the exquisite
inventors of this
> dreadful, but glorious, gemme by stashing a flask of an excellent
single malt scotch
> within the innards of your golfing bag. And, continuing the honor of
the fine gents by
> consuming said flask during the playing of the gemme.

I'm considering writing a piece for Modern Drunkard Magazine about golf
and hooch. Something educational, involving proper decorum around cart
girls, sneaking beer onto the course, and the Proportional Rule of
Single Malt - as in the better the course, the better the load in the
flask.

Got a nice long plane ride home tomorrow; we'll have to see what
bubbles up...

Todd - oh by the way that Glenlivet Tex had during the alternate shot
round this year was way too nice for that track :D

02 Jan 2005 16:41:43
The Rev

Peter Strauss wrote:
> >eat at the Laundry, and then play Harding Park
>
> That might not be bad. I'm working over there in February -- NCGA
> Tournament Officials staff the San Francisco City Championships held
> there and at Lincoln Park. I'll be, hopefully, at both
> places...Lincoln isn't in such great shape, but the views are
> unforgettable, especially that one hole on the back that looks right
> into the Gate and the Bridge. I've never been to Harding...it's
> expensive for outlanders like moi. But they have deals from time to
> time, so it's a possibility.

I don't know when I'd be back, so I figure I'd better play 'em when I'm
there. Plus, I don't mind courses of questionable upkeep - I played
three summers in Saskatchewan...

> Spanish Bay has not got a great rep. in these parts, and I'm not at
> all eager to play it.

Spanish Bay is one of Tex's favorites, and so far he has never ever
ever lead me astray. His favorites always fit my eye. And Poppy
sounds like money too. I think I could die happy without playing
Pebble or Spyglass, to be honest. $275 to get my ass kicked? Pfft.
I'll just go out to Crowbush, pay $90CDN, and have the same effect.

> I can't find any listing for San Francisco Country Club. There is a
> San Francisco Golf Club, off Brotherhood Way, down near the Olympic
> Club. That what you mean?

That's the one! Doak says that that course is so good it should be
better known than Olympic Club...

03 Jan 2005 03:56:44
Peter Strauss
Re: Playing after a long layoff

On 2 Jan 2005 16:41:43 -0800, "The Rev"
<[email protected] > wrote:

> Peter Strauss wrote:
> > >eat at the Laundry, and then play Harding Park
> >
> > That might not be bad. I'm working over there in February -- NCGA
> > Tournament Officials staff the San Francisco City Championships held
> > there and at Lincoln Park. I'll be, hopefully, at both
> > places...Lincoln isn't in such great shape, but the views are
> > unforgettable, especially that one hole on the back that looks right
> > into the Gate and the Bridge. I've never been to Harding...it's
> > expensive for outlanders like moi. But they have deals from time to
> > time, so it's a possibility.
>
> I don't know when I'd be back, so I figure I'd better play 'em when I'm
> there. Plus, I don't mind courses of questionable upkeep - I played
> three summers in Saskatchewan...
>
> > Spanish Bay has not got a great rep. in these parts, and I'm not at
> > all eager to play it.
>
> Spanish Bay is one of Tex's favorites, and so far he has never ever
> ever lead me astray. His favorites always fit my eye. And Poppy
> sounds like money too. I think I could die happy without playing
> Pebble or Spyglass, to be honest. $275 to get my ass kicked? Pfft.
> I'll just go out to Crowbush, pay $90CDN, and have the same effect.

I could never bring myself to pay that kind of money, either...and
I've been fortunate enough to be able to play it several times in the
context of my NCGA Committeeman work. Helluva fine course, I must
say, and yes, it's a butt kicker extraordinaire!

> > I can't find any listing for San Francisco Country Club. There is a
> > San Francisco Golf Club, off Brotherhood Way, down near the Olympic
> > Club. That what you mean?
>
> That's the one! Doak says that that course is so good it should be
> better known than Olympic Club...

Quite private. Don't know anybody who's a member, either, alas.

However, let me know when you're going to be here, and we'll set up
something for Harding and Lincoln, for sure. Harding sometimes has
deals, so the farther ahead I know, the better. Otherwise I think
it's about $80US per round. Lincoln Park's a lot less than that, a
lot less, and rightfully so. But also worth doing one time.

Keep me posted. I'll put the word out to the SF Bay Area contingent
when you're going to be here, and perhaps we can put together a
mini-RSG-Bay Area in your honor.

Peter