29 Sep 2006 15:50:50
Larry Bud
Driver Technology, 10 years later

I pulled a couple of old sticks out of the basement while my 905T gets
repaired, and also borrowed my bro-in-laws old 975J.

All three sticks had a stiff shaft while I now use a regular. One was
8 degrees, 8.5, and 10.5

I couldn't hit any of them for any crap. Everything was a low cut. It
was clear I was using the wrong shaft until my latest driver. And the
mishits on the face were devestating compared to the new stuff.

You really don't notice THAT much of a difference if you upgrade every
couple of years, but make that one big jump and it's crazy.

29 Sep 2006 16:42:05
Re: Driver Technology, 10 years later

Larry Bud wrote:
> I pulled a couple of old sticks out of the basement while my 905T gets
> repaired, and also borrowed my bro-in-laws old 975J.
>
> All three sticks had a stiff shaft while I now use a regular. One was
> 8 degrees, 8.5, and 10.5
>
> I couldn't hit any of them for any crap. Everything was a low cut. It
> was clear I was using the wrong shaft until my latest driver. And the
> mishits on the face were devestating compared to the new stuff.
>
> You really don't notice THAT much of a difference if you upgrade every
> couple of years, but make that one big jump and it's crazy.

probably the shaft stiffness was the only difference, if you getting
low cuts the driver face is open and loft reduced, the newer drivers
can't automatically align the club face or club path at impact any
better then a bottle on a stick, it has no idea where your ball or
target is