30 Apr 2006 03:44:32
Stupid game played by stupid countries

70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
they are leaders in technology, science and economy.

30 Apr 2006 12:57:02
Dave (SA)
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

[email protected] wrote:
> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.

A troll

30 Apr 2006 04:38:00
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

> A troll

indian tv channels are shouting that india, pak, bangladesh, srilanka
won bid to hold cricket worldcup 2006. Poor fellows. They don't know
that rich countries don't want this menace in their countries.

30 Apr 2006 12:41:11
Brian Lawrence

"Dave (SA)" <[email protected] > wrote:

> [email protected] wrote:

>> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
>> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
>> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
>> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.
>>
> A troll

and a bad one.

The ICC website has the Annual Reports for several recent years

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/about/annual_report_2004-05.html

Income comprised about $11m in membership fees, which I'm sure are
equal for the different levels of membership.

About $38m from commercial sources.

$2m from licensing, $1.5m from donations for the Development Fund;
$1m from fines and $1m from other sources.

The bulk of the income comes from commercial sources, which is
the choice of the various companies involved. Perhaps most of them
are in the sub-continent, but if they are it's their choice, and is
made for commercial reasons.

--

Brian Lawrence
[email protected]

30 Apr 2006 12:44:28
Brian Lawrence

<[email protected] > wrote:

>> A troll
>
> indian tv channels are shouting that india, pak, bangladesh, srilanka
> won bid to hold cricket worldcup 2006. Poor fellows. They don't know
> that rich countries don't want this menace in their countries.

The next cricket World Cup is in the West Indies in 2007.

30 Apr 2006 11:50:14
LFC for life
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

Dickhead

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.

30 Apr 2006 22:09:11
Rodney Hampson
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>> A troll
>
> indian tv channels are shouting that india, pak, bangladesh, srilanka
> won bid to hold cricket worldcup 2006. Poor fellows. They don't know
> that rich countries don't want this menace in their countries.

That's fairly rushed then. Do you think they will hold that before or after
the Champions Trophy?

30 Apr 2006 20:41:44
Wog George
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan.

Is the source for that gem something other than your own head? If so,
please provide a reference.

--
George
"If I was a towel, why would I be wearing this hat and this fake

30 Apr 2006 13:46:55
chessplayer

[email protected] wrote:
> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.

Considering Australia's small population they have contributed quite a
bit to certain types of technology. I believe there are certain
companies there developing quite a few things and are at the cutting
edge of the technologies they are trying to develop.

30 Apr 2006 21:30:37
Wog George
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>> A troll
>
> indian tv channels are shouting that india, pak, bangladesh, srilanka
> won bid to hold cricket worldcup 2006. Poor fellows. They don't know
> that rich countries don't want this menace in their countries.

With every post, the TROLL label gets bigger. You don't actually know
anything about cricket or the world cup do you? India, Pakistan, Bangladesh
and Sri Lanka can host the world cup this year if they want. Rich countries
don't want that menace - they want the 2007 World Cup in the West Indies.

--
George
"If I was a towel, why would I be wearing this hat and this fake
moustache" - Steven McTowelie - 19 April 2006

30 Apr 2006 14:56:46
Jaidev
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.

Technology and science may be !!!

But economy ?.......it is all stolen, looted and plundered from other
countries.

30 Apr 2006 14:57:24
Jaidev
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

>> A troll
>
> indian tv channels are shouting that india, pak, bangladesh, srilanka
> won bid to hold cricket worldcup 2006. Poor fellows. They don't know
> that rich countries don't want this menace in their countries.

Australia desperately wants to host the 2011 worldcup.

Idiot.

01 May 2006 11:33:50
dechucka
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

"Jaidev" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>>> A troll
>>
>> indian tv channels are shouting that india, pak, bangladesh, srilanka
>> won bid to hold cricket worldcup 2006. Poor fellows. They don't know
>> that rich countries don't want this menace in their countries.
>>

> Australia desperately wants to host the 2011 worldcup.

and why not. It is a real money spinner for the local game and the local
economy. Just have a look at the Rugby World Cup held in Aus or the Olympics
or Commonwealth games etc

01 May 2006 12:56:41
Dave Turner
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

>> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
>> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
Did you ever stop to actually consider the populations of the countries
you're talking about?

India - 1,092,796,015
Pakistan - 165,380,916
UK - 60,491,083
Australia - 20,173,236
New Zealand - 4,055,061
src: http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/information/population/

So for every 1092 Indians and 165 Pakistanis there's only 20 Aussies and 4
Kiwis

>> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket.
Yes, they do. Is the United Kingdom - home of cricket - not a rich country?

>> That is why they are leaders in technology, science and economy.
Yes, they are also leaders in technology, science, economy etc, and yes they
still play cricket, including in the USA. Amazing huh?

01 May 2006 13:15:12
rohan
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

GUYS PLEASE!!!!!

calm down! you are scaring the troll away!!! I was enjoying the
rambling!!!! now he is not responding!!!

..R

[email protected] wrote:
> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.

01 May 2006 21:23:41
sdavmor

Dave Turner wrote:
>>> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
>>> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
> Did you ever stop to actually consider the populations of the countries
> you're talking about?
>
> India - 1,092,796,015
> Pakistan - 165,380,916
> UK - 60,491,083
> Australia - 20,173,236
> New Zealand - 4,055,061
> src: http://www.mnsu.edu/emuseum/information/population/
>
> So for every 1092 Indians and 165 Pakistanis there's only 20 Aussies and 4
> Kiwis
>
>>> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket.
> Yes, they do. Is the United Kingdom - home of cricket - not a rich country?
>
>>> That is why they are leaders in technology, science and economy.
> Yes, they are also leaders in technology, science, economy etc, and yes they
> still play cricket, including in the USA. Amazing huh?

^^^ Had my first net this weekend at Woodley Field, and will get my
first game of the year in two weeks in Los Angeles.
--
Cheers,
SDM -- a 21st century schizoid man

02 May 2006 08:03:31
Calvin
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

"chessplayer" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> [email protected] wrote:
>> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
>> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
>> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
>> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.
>
> Considering Australia's small population they have contributed quite a
> bit to certain types of technology.

Indeed. IIRC we invented that cap with tubes to the mouth that will hold two
stubbies.

cheers,
calvin

02 May 2006 08:39:09
dechucka
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

"Calvin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> "chessplayer" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>> [email protected] wrote:
>>> 70% income of ICC comes from india and pakistan. Even though
>>> australia,uk,newzilana are rich countries, they don't contribute much.
>>> Indeed people in rich countries do not play much cricket. That is why
>>> they are leaders in technology, science and economy.
>>
>> Considering Australia's small population they have contributed quite a
>> bit to certain types of technology.
>
> Indeed. IIRC we invented that cap with tubes to the mouth that will hold
> two stubbies.

If this is correct it was not one of our greatest inventions. Drinking beer
through a straw is crap

02 May 2006 21:28:38
ajc
Re: Stupid game played by stupid countries

Stop replying to this attention whore you twats - you're just giving him
what you want. Obviously cricket is a great game, he's just jealous. No more