07 Mar 2004 10:07:48
linus
Prediction for 1st Test SL vs Aus

Reports out of SL says that the pitch is very dry and could possibly turn
from the beginning. This will pose more trouble for Aussie bats than for
SL's top order. I suppose one could say that SL has a better spin attack,
given that no one knows for sure how well SW will bowl under 'real' test
conditions. I would give SL a slight edge in this one, given the history of
Galle.

07 Mar 2004 13:38:56
dambula
Re: Prediction for 1st Test SL vs Aus

linus wrote:
> Reports out of SL says that the pitch is very dry and could possibly turn
> from the beginning. This will pose more trouble for Aussie bats than for
> SL's top order. I suppose one could say that SL has a better spin attack,
> given that no one knows for sure how well SW will bowl under 'real' test
> conditions. I would give SL a slight edge in this one, given the history of
> Galle.

SL wickets have not alwayd lived up to the pre-match hype.
I will wait to see what happens.
I still think Aust. has a slight edge.

07 Mar 2004 11:24:53
zRahul

"linus" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Reports out of SL says that the pitch is very dry and could possibly turn
> from the beginning. This will pose more trouble for Aussie bats than for
> SL's top order. I suppose one could say that SL has a better spin attack,
> given that no one knows for sure how well SW will bowl under 'real' test
> conditions. I would give SL a slight edge in this one, given the history of
> Galle.

Aus may not make the stupid mistake ( as they did in india) of not
playing both Macgil and Warne. I rate the chances of Aus very high (
70-30). SL chance depends on how well Vass and Dharmsena bowl . If
they do not allow Aus to score at fast rate and hold things tight then
Murali can do his job. If Aus can get 350+ in the 1st ings it would
be good enough for thier bowlers to apply pressure on Sl batsmen.

08 Mar 2004 06:36:46
Ananda Wijepala
Re: Prediction for 1st Test SL vs Aus

"linus" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Reports out of SL says that the pitch is very dry and could possibly turn
> from the beginning. This will pose more trouble for Aussie bats than for
> SL's top order. I suppose one could say that SL has a better spin attack,
> given that no one knows for sure how well SW will bowl under 'real' test
> conditions. I would give SL a slight edge in this one, given the history
of
> Galle.

A lot depends on the toss.

If the team batting first can score more than 400- that team will win the
match.

Ananda