30 Sep 2004 16:03:30
R. Bharat Rao
Ind-Aus TV / BCCI mess

Here in India, the BCCI imbroglio is getting quite some
press. Front page news on many major papers, with the
latest development being the Maharashtra Cricket Board
filing suit to set aside the election as its votes were
denied (and would have split the 15-15 tie in favor of
Pawar).

What this has done is taken the tv telecast of the series
to the back pages. The BCCI "confirmed" that the telecast
would be on Sony TV

EXCEPT...

this is subject to the Supreme Court ruling. And the TV
case will be heard on October 5th -- the day before the Test.

Normally, I'd be going nuts about how to convince DISH to
show this series... But as I'm gonna see it live (eat your
heart out Sadiq -- though the Ind-IndA game gives little
cause for optimism)..

Just hope that DISH is showing this on PPV by the time I
get back for T2 (or ideally on Zee TV -- hah!)

Bharat

01 Oct 2004 06:42:38
CiL
Re: Ind-Aus TV / BCCI mess

On 30 Sep 2004 16:03:30 -0700, [email protected] (R. Bharat Rao)
wrote:

>What this has done is taken the tv telecast of the series
>to the back pages. The BCCI "confirmed" that the telecast
>would be on Sony TV

chutiyen hain. I guess I have to call my cable wala and find out the
rates for these channels (yes yes ramki go ahed and have a chuckle)
but that fellow will make me buy the entire sony package, all that
lovely saans-bahu hindi serials channels..
cos the commentary in DD is so goddamn awful with the frequent shifts
to the hindi .... wish one had that option talked about by the Aus
posters, where one can just mute the comms but still hear the tuk tuk
and somebody in crowd shouting 'oye madarchod, tuk tuk kya kar raha
hai, aage nikal ke marna'

CiL
btw its high time India has a 24/7 porn channel, koi system hona
chahiye.. in USA, Aus, NZ, u guys have one?

01 Oct 2004 01:21:01
Colin Kynoch
Re: Ind-Aus TV / BCCI mess

On Fri, 01 Oct 2004 06:42:38 +0530, CiL <[email protected] >
parted their butt cheeks and let rip with this:

>On 30 Sep 2004 16:03:30 -0700, [email protected] (R. Bharat Rao)
>wrote:
>>
>>What this has done is taken the tv telecast of the series
>>to the back pages. The BCCI "confirmed" that the telecast
>>would be on Sony TV
>
>chutiyen hain. I guess I have to call my cable wala and find out the
>rates for these channels (yes yes ramki go ahed and have a chuckle)
>but that fellow will make me buy the entire sony package, all that
>lovely saans-bahu hindi serials channels..
>cos the commentary in DD is so goddamn awful with the frequent shifts
>to the hindi .... wish one had that option talked about by the Aus
>posters, where one can just mute the comms but still hear the tuk tuk
>and somebody in crowd shouting 'oye madarchod, tuk tuk kya kar raha
>hai, aage nikal ke marna'
>
>CiL
>btw its high time India has a 24/7 porn channel, koi system hona
>chahiye.. in USA, Aus, NZ, u guys have one?

In the upcoming Indian series I think I will mute out the crowd
noises.

Those bloody stupid horns should be banned.

Colin Kynoch
Glad they are at the MCG

01 Oct 2004 01:24:57
bcl400
Re: Ind-Aus TV / BCCI mess

Colin Kynoch <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> In the upcoming Indian series I think I will mute out the crowd
> noises.

It was extremely bad during the
NatwestChampionsMiniWorldCupTrophyOrWhateverTheFuckItWasCalled. The
commentray was nothing home to write about but it was weird watching
the action without the commentary. Fucking bastard hornblowers.

> Those bloody stupid horns should be banned.

Amen. But Indian crowds (atleast Chepauk crowds) bang the quarks out
of plastic bottles against the chairs creating a hellacious noise.

> Colin Kynoch
> Glad they are at the MCG

Rajagopal