31 Mar 2006 16:21:06
Dave Turner
Glenn/Jane McGrath update - sounds promising

Sounds good for Glenn, they dont mention anything about Jane's progress
though apart from "Things are going well at the moment (with Jane). I can't
say great because we won't know for a few months with all the tests, but
Glenn is certainly expecting to be back next summer."
Fingers crossed.

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18661013-23212,00.html

By Robert Craddock
March 31, 2006

GLENN McGrath is considering heading to England to be ready for next
summer's Ashes series after ruling himself out of another Australian tour
yesterday.

McGrath predictably decided not to tour Bangladesh for next month's Test and
limited-overs series, instead electing to be with his wife Jane who has
cancer.

Australia's selectors named an unchanged Test squad from the one that is 2-0
up in the three-Test series in South Africa, but they drafted off-spinner
Dan Cullen to make his international debut in the one-day squad.

He replaces Mick Lewis, who has been dropped after figures of 0-113 in his
last international outing in a one-dayer in Johannesburg.

McGrath is taking a short break from family duties with a week's holiday on
his large property in provincial New South Wales, but he expects to return
to international cricket next summer.

"Absolutely - he'll be back," McGrath's manager, Warren Craig, said.

"Things are going well at the moment (with Jane). I can't say great because
we won't know for a few months with all the tests, but Glenn is certainly
expecting to be back next summer.

"We'll talk to the selectors about whether it might be best for him to play
a month of English county cricket before then."

31 Mar 2006 09:28:40
Wog George
Re: Glenn/Jane McGrath update - sounds promising

"Dave Turner" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Sounds good for Glenn, they dont mention anything about Jane's progress
> though apart from "Things are going well at the moment (with Jane). I
> can't
> say great because we won't know for a few months with all the tests, but
> Glenn is certainly expecting to be back next summer."
> Fingers crossed.
>

> http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,18661013-23212,00.html
>
> By Robert Craddock
> March 31, 2006
>
> GLENN McGrath is considering heading to England to be ready for next
> summer's Ashes series after ruling himself out of another Australian tour
> yesterday.
>
> McGrath predictably decided not to tour Bangladesh for next month's Test
> and
> limited-overs series, instead electing to be with his wife Jane who has
> cancer.
>
> Australia's selectors named an unchanged Test squad from the one that is
> 2-0
> up in the three-Test series in South Africa, but they drafted off-spinner
> Dan Cullen to make his international debut in the one-day squad.
>
> He replaces Mick Lewis, who has been dropped after figures of 0-113 in his
> last international outing in a one-dayer in Johannesburg.
>
> McGrath is taking a short break from family duties with a week's holiday
> on
> his large property in provincial New South Wales, but he expects to return
> to international cricket next summer.
>
> "Absolutely - he'll be back," McGrath's manager, Warren Craig, said.
>
> "Things are going well at the moment (with Jane). I can't say great
> because
> we won't know for a few months with all the tests, but Glenn is certainly
> expecting to be back next summer.
>
> "We'll talk to the selectors about whether it might be best for him to
> play
> a month of English county cricket before then."

Thanks for the update. It sounds promising, although I'm wondering if this
sort of thing is going to become a way of life with her.

George

31 Mar 2006 17:55:35
Dave Turner
Re: Glenn/Jane McGrath update - sounds promising

> Thanks for the update. It sounds promising, although I'm wondering if
> this sort of thing is going to become a way of life with her.
> George

yeah you just can't tell with cancer, it's classic Russian roulette of the
involuntary kind

31 Mar 2006 11:33:00
Richard Dixon

"Dave Turner" <[email protected] > wrote in news:[email protected]:

> Sounds good for Glenn, they dont mention anything about Jane's
> progress though apart from "Things are going well at the moment (with
> Jane). I can't say great because we won't know for a few months with
> all the tests, but Glenn is certainly expecting to be back next
> summer." Fingers crossed.

Great news. Would be a pity if he bowed out now and people wouldn't get a
chance to congratulate him in the Test Arena for his career.

Richard

31 Mar 2006 09:10:30
Fred
Re: Glenn/Jane McGrath update - sounds promising

Can't say I'd be overly upset if he wasn't around to torment England
this winter, but my fingers are crossed for him & his wife - they
seemed a really nice couple when I saw them on tv...

03 Apr 2006 05:43:58
Re: Glenn/Jane McGrath update - sounds promising

yes, all the best to them.