29 Jun 2007 14:02:35
tendulkar.com
Congratulations Sachin!!!. 200th International 50

The only one in this planet to do so. But, just an indicator of how
less prolific he has become, his last set of 50 50s took him 5 years,
while he went from 100 50s to 150 50s in about 2 years. It is also a
matter of time before Ricky Ponting breaks this record (Currently
around 164 50s)

Sachin-Ganguly is still the winningest opening pair for India.

29 Jun 2007 23:27:46
Rodney
Re: Congratulations Sachin!!!. 200th International 50

Tendulkar was today just about as indisputably first-rate as I've ever
seen him; the Little Master absolutely personified that masterliness for
which he is known -- but to no little degree.

His pulls and hooks were both scintillating and compelling, his driving
an unqualified delight and his characteristically deft touches just
superlative. It's been a long while since last I saw batting of this
quality, but it's been well worth the wait.

Tendulkar timed the ball especially well in the early part of his
innings (although timing was, of course, a hallmark right through), and
he elicited from my throat on an alarmingly regular basis the sort of
satisfied grunt which I like to think is reserved only for the truly
specials. It makes perfect sense, though, for there wasn't much about
Tendulkar's innings which wasn't truly special.

I really amm indescribably happy to see this truly great cricketer (not
to say person) back on his feet. May he exercise my oesophagus for years
to come.

--
Cheers,
Rodney Ulyate

29 Jun 2007 15:40:47
Dipak Basu
Re: Congratulations Sachin!!!. 200th International 50

"tendulkar.com" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The only one in this planet to do so. But, just an indicator of how
> less prolific he has become, his last set of 50 50s took him 5 years,
> while he went from 100 50s to 150 50s in about 2 years. It is also a
> matter of time before Ricky Ponting breaks this record (Currently
> around 164 50s)
>
> Sachin-Ganguly is still the winningest opening pair for India.

Actually they're the best, period.

SRT/SCG took back the most century opening partnerships record from
Gilchrist/Hayden with this, their 17th.

DB.

30 Jun 2007 05:57:30
Don

On Jun 30, 2:02 am, "tendulkar.com" <[email protected] > wrote:
> The only one in this planet to do so. But, just an indicator of how
> less prolific he has become, his last set of 50 50s took him 5 years,
> while he went from 100 50s to 150 50s in about 2 years. It is also a
> matter of time before Ricky Ponting breaks this record (Currently
> around 164 50s)

Who cares for these useless stats? As long as he helps the team win be
it
with a 50 or a 90, i am happy. Please don't glorify nonsense in the
name of
statistics.

> Sachin-Ganguly is still the winningest opening pair for India.

Now this is a good stat as it is good to see the pair back at the top
again.

Don