28 Jun 2005 17:07:46
Bill O
league question

Last night an entire team didn't show up and a debate ensued as to how to
handle the points. Does the team they were supposed to play get credit for
winning all the games? What are the generaly accepted rules on this?

--
Bill O - At the 5 ball


28 Jun 2005 12:22:44
Pat Hall
Re: league question

In our leagues the team gets credit for all the points but individuals
don't get credit for any points.

PatH

Bill O wrote:
> Last night an entire team didn't show up and a debate ensued as to how to
> handle the points. Does the team they were supposed to play get credit for
> winning all the games? What are the generaly accepted rules on this?
>



28 Jun 2005 12:22:34
Ron Hudson
Re: league question

It depends on the league. Every league should have a clearly-defined procedure
to cover game and match forfeits. Call the league operator or if there is one,
look in the rules book.


Ron


On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:07:46 GMT, Bill O <[email protected] > wrote:

>Last night an entire team didn't show up and a debate ensued as to how to
>handle the points. Does the team they were supposed to play get credit for
>winning all the games? What are the generaly accepted rules on this?



28 Jun 2005 17:38:18
Bill O
Re: league question

Pat Hall <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> In our leagues the team gets credit for all the points but individuals
> don't get credit for any points.
>
> PatH
>
> Bill O wrote:
>> Last night an entire team didn't show up and a debate ensued as to
>> how to handle the points. Does the team they were supposed to play
>> get credit for winning all the games? What are the generaly accepted
>> rules on this?
>>
>

Thanks Pat. That was one of the options we discussed and it seems to be
the fairest way to do it.

--
Bill O - At the 5 ball


28 Jun 2005 17:40:07
Bill O
Re: league question

Ron Hudson <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> It depends on the league. Every league should have a clearly-defined
> procedure to cover game and match forfeits. Call the league operator
> or if there is one, look in the rules book.
>
>
> Ron
>
>
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 17:07:46 GMT, Bill O <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Last night an entire team didn't show up and a debate ensued as to how
>>to handle the points. Does the team they were supposed to play get
>>credit for winning all the games? What are the generaly accepted
>>rules on this?
>

Ron, we just started this and don't have a rules book, only a few rules
and we'll have to add this contingency to it.

--
Bill O - At the 5 ball


28 Jun 2005 13:16:18
Pat Hall
Re: league question

The other thing we've done is that if a team forfiets more than once
they are out of the league and forfiets all $$. That was the rule but I
think it was enfored some what subjectively depending on the teams history.

PatH

Bill O wrote:

> Pat Hall <[email protected]> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>
>>In our leagues the team gets credit for all the points but individuals
>>don't get credit for any points.
>>
>>PatH
>>
>>Bill O wrote:
>>
>>>Last night an entire team didn't show up and a debate ensued as to
>>>how to handle the points. Does the team they were supposed to play
>>>get credit for winning all the games? What are the generaly accepted
>>>rules on this?
>>>
>>
>
> Thanks Pat. That was one of the options we discussed and it seems to be
> the fairest way to do it.
>



28 Jun 2005 19:39:24
David Malone
Re: league question

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:16:18 -0500, Pat Hall
<[email protected] > wrote:

>The other thing we've done is that if a team forfiets more than once
>they are out of the league and forfiets all $$. That was the rule but I
>think it was enfored some what subjectively depending on the teams history.

'forfiets' and 'enfored'...?

This is the guy who sent me a note pointing out all the typos (both of
them) in Hamster Tales... (VBG)

David "The Hamster" Malone
www.hamstertales.com


28 Jun 2005 18:06:20
Ratchet
Re: league question



Bill O wrote:

> Last night an entire team didn't show up and a debate ensued as to how to
> handle the points. Does the team they were supposed to play get credit for
> winning all the games? What are the generaly accepted rules on this?
>



last time that happened to my team we still had to pay but all got wins
with no damages to handicap

Ratchet - I think they got skeered !


28 Jun 2005 15:18:39
Re: league question

Dear little league amateur apa 4 player who cant run 3 fookin balls.
Here is what you should do to have success. Take off two weeks, put
your cue in closet, then sell cue, take up checkers in park with the
old men. Do something you have a prayer of winning at some day.



29 Jun 2005 07:08:31
Pat Hall
Re: league question

Hey be nice I just ordered a bunch of your books. Short stumpy fingers
sometimes have problems finding the right keys. Besides I thought I got
an award for finding those typos not picked on. LOL

PatH....spelling challenged

David Malone wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:16:18 -0500, Pat Hall
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>>The other thing we've done is that if a team forfiets more than once
>>they are out of the league and forfiets all $$. That was the rule but I
>>think it was enfored some what subjectively depending on the teams history.
>
>
> 'forfiets' and 'enfored'...?
>
> This is the guy who sent me a note pointing out all the typos (both of
> them) in Hamster Tales... (VBG)
>
> David "The Hamster" Malone
> www.hamstertales.com



29 Jun 2005 13:30:49
David Malone
Re: league question

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 07:08:31 -0500, Pat Hall
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Hey be nice I just ordered a bunch of your books.

In that case... I'll shut up. Lol...

>Besides I thought I got
>an award for finding those typos not picked on. LOL

My neighbor found one of them first. You're the only one who found the
second - so far.

David "The Hamster" Malone
www.hamstertales.com