28 Jun 2006 12:37:06
Michael Richardson
Interesting Description

"Danked," the past participle of "dank", is used to refer to someone
who replies to his own post on an online forum posing as another person
(see "Internet sock puppet") but forgetting to change his username . . . .
This was an act of stupidity meriting a name of its own, and because the
hapless
contributor's username was Danks, the term "dank" or "danked" emerged.
-- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danked

28 Jun 2006 07:00:33
David The Hamster Malone
Re: Interesting Description

Michael Richardson wrote:
> "Danked," the past participle of "dank", is used to refer to someone
> who replies to his own post on an online forum posing as another person
> (see "Internet sock puppet") but forgetting to change his username . . . .

We all know the word should be FLarried. Anyway, um... danke shein.

David "The Hamster" Malone

28 Jun 2006 18:56:19
JoeyA
Re: Interesting Description

Danked? Wait til I tell Grady....................
Grady loves the use of a good word.

It reminds me of some of the posters here in this forum.
ROTFLMAO.
JoeyA (well, at least it made me smile)

"Michael Richardson" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Danked," the past participle of "dank", is used to refer to someone
> who replies to his own post on an online forum posing as another person
> (see "Internet sock puppet") but forgetting to change his username . . . .
> This was an act of stupidity meriting a name of its own, and because the
> hapless
> contributor's username was Danks, the term "dank" or "danked" emerged.
> -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Danked

28 Jun 2006 18:01:59
Aunty Dan

David The Hamster Malone wrote:
> Michael Richardson wrote:
>> "Danked," the past participle of "dank", is used to refer to someone
>> who replies to his own post on an online forum posing as another person
>> (see "Internet sock puppet") but forgetting to change his username . . . .
>
> We all know the word should be FLarried. Anyway, um... danke shein.
>
> David "The Hamster" Malone

I think this is the word you are looking for David. (Amazing what you
can find on Dictionary.com these days)

1 entry found for Grindinger.

Grin.ding.er
v. Grin.din.ger.ed, Grin.din·ger.ing,
v. tr.

1. To act offensively until you have utterly destroyed your own
professional reputation and personal friendships
2. To have utterly no respect or apparent understanding for the
netiquette of Internet discussion forums
3. To display no awareness of how your behavior is perceived by others
4. To repeatedly re-state the same lies in the hope that others will
believe them
5. To go 2 and out in a Professional tournament
6. To claim kudos for any points gained from 5. for doing nothing
but turning up and paying the entry fee
7. To deliberately request Professional status from Amateur
organizations simply to be able to call yourself a Professional
8. To greatly exaggerate your own accomplishments whilst deprecating
the accomplishments of others
9. To claim deep Christian beliefs whilst displaying no traits
whatsoever of someone with deep Christian beliefs
10. To believe that some small, constantly shifting group of
mysterious detractors are the root of all your problems whilst utterly
ignoring all your own offensive behavior
11. To repeatedly announce that you will be changing your behavior,
but never actually changing it
12. To continually write racist statements and use racist language
and claim you are not a racist
13. To publicly state hatred of all homosexuals and then praise
certain homosexuals who are top Professional sports figures in order to
further your business interests
14. To claim that others are acting illegally by threating, stalking
and slandering you whilst constantly threatening, stalking and
slandering other people yourself
15. To claim that others are destroying an Internet discussion forum
whilst striving to destroy it yourself
16. To need to go kill yourself (IMO)

Grin.din.ger.er or Grin.din.ger.er n.
1. Someone who Grindingers
2. A mental retard with Internet access

--
Aunty Dan (Remove "X" from "XHotmail.com" to reply directly)
"For 'tis the sport to have the engineer

28 Jun 2006 22:34:49
pltrgyst
Re: Interesting Description

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 12:37:06 GMT, "Michael Richardson"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>"Danked," the past participle of "dank", is used to refer to someone
>who replies to his own post on an online forum posing as another person
>(see "Internet sock puppet") but forgetting to change his username . . . .
>This was an act of stupidity meriting a name of its own, and because the
>hapless contributor's username was Danks, the term "dank" or "danked" emerged.

http://tinyurl.com/zgktm
...and to think I was shopping in this store just today!

-- Larry

29 Jun 2006 04:07:04
Mail Man
Re: Interesting Description

"David The Hamster Malone" wrote:

> ... , um... danke shein.

Bit-a-shin ... 8-]

Mike Collier <--- always willing to accomodate
Oak Harbor, WA

29 Jun 2006 06:08:11
Dhakala

JoeyA wrote:
> Danked? Wait til I tell Grady....................
> Grady loves the use of a good word.

You might want to share with Grady this useful source of words:

www.urbandictionary.com

One can sign up for a "word of the day" email list, a great way to stay
abreast of WTF those damned kids are talking about. :-)

June 28:

wagwan - Bastardization of "What's going on?"

"Wagwan my brotha"

29 Jun 2006 06:27:54

Aunty Dan wrote:

> I think this is the word you are looking for David. (Amazing what you
> can find on Dictionary.com these days)

It is indeed... thanks, Dan. I always like to use the right word.

David "The Hamster" Malone

29 Jun 2006 11:15:24
JoeyA
Re: Interesting Description

No I won't send himi the urbandictionary address but I think the modern
definition of Dank will make him smile. It's just one of those "You had to
be there", things.
JoeyA

news:[email protected]