28 Oct 2005 10:04:31
s_knight8
Trade bites Mason

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/buck/oct05/366311.asp

Mason, who played for two-plus seasons in Milwaukee, focused his anger on
Bucks general manager Larry Harris and owner Herb Kohl in a radio interview
aired on WAUK-AM (1510).

Mason called Harris "a snake in the grass" and said he "flat out lied to my
face" about the chances of being traded, even after the Bucks signed
free-agent forward Bobby Simmons during the summer.

After the Bucks' practice Thursday, Harris said the deal came together
quickly early this week, after the general manager had a Pfister Hotel
coffee shop session with Sen. Kohl on Monday morning. Harris had become
concerned about the Bucks' depth at power forward and center, but he denied
he was shopping Mason to other teams.

"Certainly, no one wants to be called that," Harris said of the "snake in
the grass" comment. "All I can say is I know he has a great passion for
Milwaukee. It was a shock to him when I phoned him, I knew that.

"Obviously, he's a very emotional young man. It's the nature of the beast,
and we move on."

In an interview with radio host Steve Haywood, Mason said: "It's hard for me
to say this about somebody, but Larry's a snake. He's a snake in the grass.
I thought my situation with Seattle (being traded to the Bucks in 2003) was
tough.

"The magnitude of things that Larry Harris told me this summer, this season,
all those things. I mean, he told me a lie to my face."

28 Oct 2005 10:26:06
Jeremey
Re: Trade bites Mason

in article [email protected], s_knight8 at
[email protected] wrote on 10/28/05 10:04 AM:

> "Certainly, no one wants to be called that," Harris said of the "snake in
> the grass" comment. "All I can say is I know he has a great passion for
> Milwaukee."

Desmond Mason is a very strange young man.

--
Jeremey