26 Oct 2005 19:21:11
Cracka Jacka
Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'

October 26, 2005
NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes is opening up
about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that she's ``tired of having
to hide my feelings about the person I care about.''

(...)

____________

Do you think that being dyke gives an unfair advantage?

26 Oct 2005 15:39:06
Michael 182
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:21:11 GMT, [email protected] (Cracka Jacka)
wrote:

>WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'
>
>October 26, 2005
>NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes is opening up
>about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that she's ``tired of having
>to hide my feelings about the person I care about.''
>
> (...)
>
>____________
>
>Do you think that being dyke gives an unfair advantage?

Do you think being an idiot affects the validity of your post?

26 Oct 2005 21:54:16
Way Back Jack
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 15:39:06 -0600, Michael 182
<[email protected] > wrote:

>On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 19:21:11 GMT, [email protected] (Cracka Jacka)
>wrote:
>
>>WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'
>>
>>October 26, 2005
>>NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes is opening up
>>about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that she's ``tired of having
>>to hide my feelings about the person I care about.''
>>
>> (...)
>>
>>____________
>>
>>Do you think that being dyke gives an unfair advantage?
>
>Do you think being an idiot affects the validity of your post?

Is that a yes or a no to his post?

Remember Billie Jean King? Legs like a linebacker. Or Martina, with
muscular definition a male bodybuilder would die for. Serena has an
ass like a zebra. Won't be long, she'll be "coming out" too.

26 Oct 2005 22:40:56
Grizzlie Antagonist

Cracka Jacka wrote:
> WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'
>
> October 26, 2005
> NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes is opening up
> about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that she's ``tired of having
> to hide my feelings about the person I care about.''
>
> (...)

In answer to the question posed by the subject of the thread, if dykes
were banned from women's sports, that would effectively end women's
sports altogether -- which would be a good thing certainly

> ____________
>
> Do you think that being dyke gives an unfair advantage?

Over whom?

27 Oct 2005 05:47:04
2001 Dead
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

On 26 Oct 2005 22:40:56 -0700, "Grizzlie Antagonist"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Cracka Jacka wrote:
>> WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'
>>
>> October 26, 2005
>> NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes is opening up
>> about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that she's ``tired of having
>> to hide my feelings about the person I care about.''
>>
>> (...)
>

>In answer to the question posed by the subject of the thread, if dykes
>were banned from women's sports, that would effectively end women's
>sports altogether -- which would be a good thing certainly

Then all those tight ends and wide receivers in the NFL won't feel
threatened, right?

--
"'I知 not meeting with that goddamned bitch,' Bush screamed at aides
who suggested he meet with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother

"Grover Norquist couldn't drown the government, so he drowned New Orleans instead."

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

a.a. #2211 -- Bryan Zepp Jamieson

27 Oct 2005 12:56:15
Way Back Jack
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 05:47:04 -0700, 2001 Dead
<zepp2001#[email protected] > wrote:

>On 26 Oct 2005 22:40:56 -0700, "Grizzlie Antagonist"
><[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Cracka Jacka wrote:
>>> WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'
>>>
>>> October 26, 2005
>>> NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes is opening up
>>> about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that she's ``tired of having
>>> to hide my feelings about the person I care about.''
>>>
>>> (...)
>>

>>In answer to the question posed by the subject of the thread, if dykes
>>were banned from women's sports, that would effectively end women's
>>sports altogether -- which would be a good thing certainly
>
>Then all those tight ends and wide receivers in the NFL won't feel
>threatened, right?

Word around da 'hood is that the bruthas like your tight end. But ya
better be careful:

In 2003, the rates of AIDS cases were 58 per 100,000 in the black
population, 10 per 100,000 Hispanics, 6 per 100,000 whites, 8 per
100,000 American Indian/Alaska native population, and 4 per 100,000
Asian/Pacific Islanders.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/06/13/hiv.cases.ap/index.html

27 Oct 2005 06:40:38
2001 Dead
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:56:15 GMT, [email protected] (Way Back Jack)
wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 05:47:04 -0700, 2001 Dead
><zepp2001#[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On 26 Oct 2005 22:40:56 -0700, "Grizzlie Antagonist"
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>>In answer to the question posed by the subject of the thread, if dykes
>>>were banned from women's sports, that would effectively end women's
>>>sports altogether -- which would be a good thing certainly
>>
>>Then all those tight ends and wide receivers in the NFL won't feel
>>threatened, right?
>
>Word around da 'hood is that the bruthas like your tight end. But ya
>better be careful:
>
>In 2003, the rates of AIDS cases were 58 per 100,000 in the black
>population, 10 per 100,000 Hispanics, 6 per 100,000 whites, 8 per
>100,000 American Indian/Alaska native population, and 4 per 100,000
>Asian/Pacific Islanders.
>
>http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/06/13/hiv.cases.ap/index.html

You forgot to mention that was worldwide, and not around whatever
little racist "hood" you infest.
--
"'I知 not meeting with that goddamned bitch,' Bush screamed at aides
who suggested he meet with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother
whose son died in Iraq. 'She can go to hell as far as I知 concerned!'"
--Putsch, a decompensating drunk

"Grover Norquist couldn't drown the government, so he drowned New Orleans instead."

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

a.a. #2211 -- Bryan Zepp Jamieson

27 Oct 2005 14:24:56
Jack
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:40:38 -0700, 2001 Dead
<zepp2001#[email protected] > wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:56:15 GMT, [email protected] (Way Back Jack)
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 05:47:04 -0700, 2001 Dead
>><zepp2001#[email protected]> wrote:

>>>Then all those tight ends and wide receivers in the NFL won't feel
>>>threatened, right?
>>
>>Word around da 'hood is that the bruthas like your tight end. But ya
>>better be careful:
>>
>>In 2003, the rates of AIDS cases were 58 per 100,000 in the black
>>population, 10 per 100,000 Hispanics, 6 per 100,000 whites, 8 per
>>100,000 American Indian/Alaska native population, and 4 per 100,000
>>Asian/Pacific Islanders.
>>
>>http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/06/13/hiv.cases.ap/index.html
>
>You forgot to mention that was worldwide, and not around whatever
>little racist "hood" you infest.

Did ya read the article, sparky?

The 'hood is the US, the same infected 'hood where you practice your
brand of lovemakin'.

27 Oct 2005 08:15:16
2001 Dead

On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:24:56 GMT, [email protected] (Jack) wrote:

>On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:40:38 -0700, 2001 Dead
><zepp2001#[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 12:56:15 GMT, [email protected] (Way Back Jack)
>>wrote:

>>>Word around da 'hood is that the bruthas like your tight end. But ya
>>>better be careful:
>>>
>>>In 2003, the rates of AIDS cases were 58 per 100,000 in the black
>>>population, 10 per 100,000 Hispanics, 6 per 100,000 whites, 8 per
>>>100,000 American Indian/Alaska native population, and 4 per 100,000
>>>Asian/Pacific Islanders.
>>>
>>>http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/06/13/hiv.cases.ap/index.html
>>
>>You forgot to mention that was worldwide, and not around whatever
>>little racist "hood" you infest.
>
>Did ya read the article, sparky?

Nope. Like all of your crap, the link was no good.

>The 'hood is the US, the same infected 'hood where you practice your
>brand of lovemakin'.

Horseshit, little racist.

--
"'I知 not meeting with that goddamned bitch,' Bush screamed at aides
who suggested he meet with Cindy Sheehan, the war-protesting mother
whose son died in Iraq. 'She can go to hell as far as I知 concerned!'"
--Putsch, a decompensating drunk

"Grover Norquist couldn't drown the government, so he drowned New Orleans instead."

Not dead, in jail, or a slave? Thank a liberal!
Pay your taxes so the rich don't have to.
For the finest in liberal/leftist commentary,
http://www.zeppscommentaries.com
For news feed (free, 10-20 articles a day)
For essays (donations accepted, 2 articles/week)

a.a. #2211 -- Bryan Zepp Jamieson

27 Oct 2005 15:24:33
Way Back Jack
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

>>>You forgot to mention that was worldwide, and not around whatever
>>>little racist "hood" you infest.
>>
>>Did ya read the article, sparky?
>
>Nope. Like all of your crap, the link was no good.
>>
>>The 'hood is the US, the same infected 'hood where you practice your
>>brand of lovemakin'.
>
>Horseshit, little racist.

CDC: 1 million living with HIV in U.S.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/conditions/06/13/hiv.cases.ap/index.html

ATLANTA, Georgia (AP) -- For the first time since the height of the
AIDS
epidemic in the 1980s, more than a million Americans are believed to
be
living with the virus that causes AIDS, the government said Monday.

The latest estimate is both good and bad news -- reflecting the
success of
drugs that keep more people alive and the failure of the government to
"break the back" of the AIDS epidemic by its stated goal of 2005.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said that between
1,039,000
and 1,185,000 people in the United States were living with HIV in
December
2003. The previous estimate from 2002 showed that between 850,000 and
950,000 people had the AIDS virus.

The jump reflects the role of medicines that have allowed people
infected
with the virus to live longer, said Dr. Ronald Valdiserri, deputy
director
of the CDC's National Center for HIV, STD and TB Prevention.

"While treatment advances have been an obvious godsend to those living
with
the disease, it presents new challenges for prevention," Valdiserri
said.

The challenges include overcoming a failure by the government to meet
its
2005 goal of cutting in half the estimated 40,000 new HIV infections
that
have occurred every year since the 1990s. Then, Dr. Robert Janssen of
the
CDC pledged the government campaign would "break the back" of the
epidemic.

CDC officials previously have said the country's HIV infection rate
has been
"relatively stable" and without change. As the National HIV Prevention
Conference was set to begin this week, Valdiserri said no new
infection data
will be available until next year.

However, recent outbreaks of HIV and sexually transmitted diseases in
major
cities around the country offer a hint that new infections may be as
high as
60,000 cases a year, rather than the government estimate of 40,000,
said Dr.
Carlos del Rio, an Emory University professor of medicine.

"The U.S. has had a clear failure in HIV prevention -- I think the
increase
in prevalence is a reflection of that, of the poor job we do in HIV
prevention," del Rio said.

He added that the higher number is not as surprising as why the
country has
not been able to curb new infections. He said the CDC hasn't been
given
adequate resources to tackle HIV prevention and that experts have
focused
too much on whether it's better to promote abstinence or condom use to
stop
the spread of the virus.

"We're debating too much what to do and are not doing enough," he
said.

At the same time, reaching the 1 million mark is "a sign of both
victory and
failure," said Terje Anderson, executive director of the National
Association of People Living With AIDS.

"Part of the reason the number is so big is we're not dying as
before," he
said. "But the other problem is we have not made a significant dent in
new
infections."

Estimating the number of Americans with HIV has always been a
difficult task
for health officials, but this year's figures are believed to be the
most
accurate ever thanks to wider case reporting.

In the 1990s, the CDC and other agencies generally agreed that between
600,000 and 900,000 people had the virus, according to the University
of
California-San Francisco's Center for HIV Information.

Previous estimates -- as high as 1.5 million people -- from the 1980s
were
later determined to be too high. For example, the CDC estimated in
1986 that
between 1 million and 1.5 million people had HIV. In 1987, that was
revised
to 945,000 to 1.4 million and was refined in 1990 to 800,000 to 1.2
million.

The CDC's latest estimates indicate blacks account for 47 percent of
HIV
cases; gay and bisexual men make up 45 percent of those living with
the
virus that causes AIDS, the health agency believes.

In 2003, the rates of AIDS cases were 58 per 100,000 in the black
population, 10 per 100,000 Hispanics, 6 per 100,000 whites, 8 per
100,000
American Indian/Alaska native population, and 4 per 100,000
Asian/Pacific
Islanders.

The CDC also warned those demographics may soon change because
heterosexual
blacks, women and others infected after having high-risk sex (such as
with
someone with HIV, an injection-drug user or a man who has sex with
other
men) now account for a larger proportion of those living with HIV than
those
who are living with full-blown AIDS.

27 Oct 2005 15:23:31
Way Back Jack
> [...]

HIV
cases; gay and bisexual men make up 45 percent of those living with
the
virus that causes AIDS, the health agency believes.

In 2003, the rates of AIDS cases were 58 per 100,000 in the black
population, 10 per 100,000 Hispanics, 6 per 100,000 whites, 8 per
100,000
American Indian/Alaska native population, and 4 per 100,000
Asian/Pacific
Islanders.

The CDC also warned those demographics may soon change because
heterosexual
blacks, women and others infected after having high-risk sex (such as
with
someone with HIV, an injection-drug user or a man who has sex with
other
men) now account for a larger proportion of those living with HIV than

29 Oct 2005 01:29:10
Shawn K. Quinn
Re: Oops Swoopes -- Should Dykes Be Banned From Women's Sports?

[added rec.sport.basketball.women and removed alt.bitterness and
alt.society.liberalism]

begin quotation
from Grizzlie Antagonist <[email protected] >
in message <[email protected] >
posted at 2005-10-27T05:40
> Cracka Jacka wrote:
>> WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'

>> October 26, 2005 NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl
>> Swoopes is opening up about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that
>> she's ``tired of having to hide my feelings about the person I care
>> about.''

> In answer to the question posed by the subject of the thread, if dykes
> were banned from women's sports, that would effectively end women's
> sports altogether -- which would be a good thing certainly

I disagree completely. I find the WNBA just as much fun to watch as the
(men's) NBA. If you really find the WNBA that objectionable, don't
watch, but don't get in the way of those who enjoy watching basketball
regardless of the gender of the players.

Anyway, if Swoopes is a dyke, so what? At least in the WNBA they can
come out. Make no mistake about it: there are gay players in male
professional sports. We just do not know who they are right now, because
they have to stay in the closet; coming out would threaten their
livelihood and personal safety.

>> Do you think that being dyke gives an unfair advantage?

Do you think being gay would give Shaquille O'Neal, Tracy McGrady, Dirk
Nowitzki, or Tim Duncan an advantage? Do you think Larry Bird or Michael
Jordan made all their three pointers aided by a limp wrist?

Are those absurd questions? Of course, but so was the original.

> Over whom?

Over the other players, obviously. And I don't think it does, any more
than a good luck charm.

--
___ _ _____ |*|
/ __| |/ / _ |*| Shawn K. Quinn

29 Oct 2005 18:47:32
Gene

wrote:

>WNBA star Sheryl Swoopes comes out: 'I'm tired of having to pretend'
>
>October 26, 2005
>NEW YORK (AP) -- Houston Comets forward Sheryl Swoopes is opening up
>about being a lesbian, telling a magazine that she's ``tired of having
>to hide my feelings about the person I care about.''
>
> (...)

>Do you think that being dyke gives an unfair advantage?

No, frankly I think they should allow more of them in there, they like
their bodies and while they're showing them off to other dykes, they
are giving the guys a thrill..So, watch them titties bounce!