29 Dec 2003 18:24:43
s_knight8
Nets reach agreement in principle with Eddie Griffin

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-nets-griffin&prov=ap&type=lgns

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- The New Jersey Nets will give Eddie
Griffin time to get adjusted before putting the troubled forward to
work.

Griffin, who was waived by the Houston Rockets after two turbulent
years, reached an agreement over the weekend with the Nets that will
pay him roughly $450,000 for the rest of the season, New Jersey
general manager Rod Thorn said Monday.

The deal won't be signed until the former Seton Hall star joins the
team in the middle of next week.

30 Dec 2003 02:14:03
PDX Blazers
Re: Nets reach agreement in principle with Eddie Griffin

[email protected] (s_knight8) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-nets-griffin&prov=ap&type=lgns
>
> EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- The New Jersey Nets will give Eddie
> Griffin time to get adjusted before putting the troubled forward to
> work.
>
> Griffin, who was waived by the Houston Rockets after two turbulent
> years, reached an agreement over the weekend with the Nets that will
> pay him roughly $450,000 for the rest of the season, New Jersey
> general manager Rod Thorn said Monday.

I guess when you lose at home to Portland, you get desperate enough to
try anything.

30 Dec 2003 10:33:44
PatrickBNJ
Re: Nets reach agreement in principle with Eddie Griffin

Check out this nj.com article:

http://www.nj.com/nets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-1/1072767076123240.xml

What I found interesting was RJ's quote:

Of the team's three biggest stars, only Richard Jefferson, who helped
recruit Griffin, sounded less than 100 percent enthusiastic. "I just
work here," Jefferson said, when asked for his reaction. When asked if
he'd like to rephrase his statement, since "I just work here" was not
a ringing endorsement, Jefferson said, "No."

Unfounded speculation (from me): Is he worried that if Griffin works
out, he'd be on the trading block? Or that a successful Griffin in a
Nets uniform makes his and KMart's negotiating positions for contract
extensions than much harder?

[email protected] (PDX Blazers) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> [email protected] (s_knight8) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpZmFlcXBpBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN0aA--?slug=ap-nets-griffin&prov=ap&type=lgns
> >
> > EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- The New Jersey Nets will give Eddie
> > Griffin time to get adjusted before putting the troubled forward to
> > work.
> >
> > Griffin, who was waived by the Houston Rockets after two turbulent
> > years, reached an agreement over the weekend with the Nets that will
> > pay him roughly $450,000 for the rest of the season, New Jersey
> > general manager Rod Thorn said Monday.
>
> I guess when you lose at home to Portland, you get desperate enough to
> try anything.

30 Dec 2003 14:01:00
The Blue
Re: Nets reach agreement in principle with Eddie Griffin

> EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- The New Jersey Nets will give Eddie
> Griffin time to get adjusted before putting the troubled forward to
> work.
>
> Griffin, who was waived by the Houston Rockets after two turbulent
> years, reached an agreement over the weekend with the Nets that will
> pay him roughly $450,000 for the rest of the season, New Jersey
> general manager Rod Thorn said Monday.
>
> The deal won't be signed until the former Seton Hall star joins the
> team in the middle of next week.
Eddie is a solid shot blocker and rebounder. He has bad case of
antoine walkerism; he likes to hang outside and shot a bunch of 3's and
not make a lot of them. I guess the nets are thinking him being FIRED
would wake this kid up. If he gets his head squared on and does what the
coaches ask of him he could be a VERY good player.
--
Must fight it must , i must fight my A.D.D , what was i talking about
oh never mind oooo what that over there

30 Dec 2003 22:40:09
Granville Waiters' Ghost
Re: Nets reach agreement in principle with Eddie Griffin

In article <[email protected] >, The Blue
<[email protected] > wrote:

> Eddie is a solid shot blocker and rebounder. He has bad case of
> antoine walkerism; he likes to hang outside and shot a bunch of 3's and
> not make a lot of them. I guess the nets are thinking him being FIRED
> would wake this kid up. If he gets his head squared on and does what the
> coaches ask of him he could be a VERY good player.

Interesting about his antoinism. But I think the move is
more geared towards next year. This is pretty cheap insurance
in case Martin bolts.