26 Oct 2005 22:57:09
s_knight8
Hornets trade former All-Star Magloire to Bucks

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AoYyS1PS4VFXXTcOgg32JlS8vLYF?slug=ap-b
ucks-hornetstrade&prov=ap&type=lgns

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets traded center Jamaal Magloire
to the Milwaukee Bucks on Wednesday in exchange for forward Desmond Mason,
an unconditional first-round pick in the 2006 draft and cash.

Magloire, an All-Star two seasons ago, averaged 11.7 points and 7.4 rebounds
in 23 games for the Hornets last season. The 6-foot-11 center missed 51
games last season with a broken right ring finger. He had expressed a desire
to be traded to Toronto, his hometown.

``We think for us and for him, it's probably the best thing to do,'' Hornets
coach Byron Scott said.

Magloire hugged Scott and his Hornets teammates at the end of practice, but
left the Ford Center without commenting to reporters.

``In Jamaal Magloire, we were able to add a young, All-Star-caliber big man
to our front court rotation,'' Bucks general manager Larry Harris said. ``He
can score facing up, as well as with his back to the basket and he's proven
to be a good defender and rebounder during his young career.

26 Oct 2005 20:21:05
boumtje
Re: Hornets trade former All-Star Magloire to Bucks

why did they draft bogut?

27 Oct 2005 00:04:29
Sports Fan
Re: Hornets trade former All-Star Magloire to Bucks

In article <[email protected] >
"boumtje" <[email protected] > wrote:

>why did they draft bogut?

Good question, and they still have Dan Gadzuric on their roster, don't
they?

Looks like Bogut is their long term project, just like Bynum for the
Lakers, although I think Bogut will see more minutes and action than
Bynum this season.

27 Oct 2005 04:29:36

Sports Fan wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>
> "boumtje" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

> >why did they draft bogut?
>
> Good question, and they still have Dan Gadzuric on their roster, don't
> they?
>
> Looks like Bogut is their long term project, just like Bynum for the
> Lakers, although I think Bogut will see more minutes and action than
> Bynum this season.

a long term project with the #1 pick? i thought bogut was considered
NBA ready...

28 Oct 2005 13:19:28
Mr Black
Re: Hornets trade former All-Star Magloire to Bucks

_____________________________________
"boumtje" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> Sports Fan wrote:
> > In article <[email protected]>
> > "boumtje" <[email protected]> wrote:
> >

> > >why did they draft bogut?
> >
> > Good question, and they still have Dan Gadzuric on their roster, don't
> > they?
> >
> > Looks like Bogut is their long term project, just like Bynum for the
> > Lakers, although I think Bogut will see more minutes and action than
> > Bynum this season.
>
> a long term project with the #1 pick? i thought bogut was considered
> NBA ready...

he is...i think they want Mag to be an older mentor to him.

MrB

--

***** Annoying Usenet Since 1996 *****

< > #77 in the RSPW top 127 for September <>
< > 3 votes in the first RSPW Hall of Fame voting <>

27 Oct 2005 20:18:34
Sports Fan
Re: Hornets trade former All-Star Magloire to Bucks

In article <[email protected] >
"boumtje" <[email protected] > wrote:

>Sports Fan wrote:
>> In article <[email protected]>
>> "boumtje" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> >why did they draft bogut?
>>
>> Good question, and they still have Dan Gadzuric on their roster, don't
>> they?
>>
>> Looks like Bogut is their long term project, just like Bynum for the
>> Lakers, although I think Bogut will see more minutes and action than
>> Bynum this season.
>
>a long term project with the #1 pick? i thought bogut was considered
>NBA ready...

Me too, but why are they adding players who are in the same spot?
He is a long term project, although not as long as Bynum, unless there
is something in the minds of the bucks that I am not reading.
But I have been wrong before.

28 Oct 2005 04:34:30
Big Normy
Re: Hornets trade former All-Star Magloire to Bucks

Sports Fan <[email protected] > wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> In article <[email protected]>
> "boumtje" <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>a long term project with the #1 pick? i thought bogut was considered
>>NBA ready...
>
> Me too, but why are they adding players who are in the same spot?
> He is a long term project, although not as long as Bynum, unless there
> is something in the minds of the bucks that I am not reading.
> But I have been wrong before.

I saw somewhere that they were going to go twin towers and play Magloire at
the 4. With Magloire kind of being the enforcer to help Bogut with the
dirty work...

Not a bad plan, they had a huge hole at the 4 anyway, ever since the days
of................Tyrone Hill? Larry Krystowiak? I think Vin Baker and
Terry Cummings are the only good 4's they've had in 25 years. And was
Cummings more of a 3?

Seriously it gets Joe Smith out of the starting lineup, plugs toughness in
at the 4, and also lets you slide him over to 5. It's not bad.....assuming
things come together and they're not in the lottery. Otherwise, they
probably overpaid for a good player who isn't a superstar, if they miss out
on another good lottery pick they got burned.

Meanwhile, a pretty good deal for New Orleans, low risk, high upside, your
typical rebuilding deal. I wonder what they could get for PJ Brown? He's
be a great pickup for a contender.