10 Oct 2006 22:24:01
chak daddy dollar$
Does league pass carry preseason games?

was told that it was supposed to when I signed up for dish network but it
doesn't seem to work...I wanted to watch the c's cavs tonight...

Was I misled, or was my account not set up properly?


11 Oct 2006 02:58:47
Neil Cerutti
Re: Does league pass carry preseason games?

On 2006-10-10, chak daddy dollar$ <[email protected] > wrote:
> was told that it was supposed to when I signed up for dish
> network but it doesn't seem to work...I wanted to watch the c's
> cavs tonight...
>
> Was I misled, or was my account not set up properly?

It depends on where on you live. Celtics games might be blacked
out where your supposed to get Fox Sports New England to watch
them. It looks like all preseason games are being picked up by
FSNE.

--
Neil Cerutti



11 Oct 2006 22:08:59
chak daddy dollar$
Re: Does league pass carry preseason games?

Neil Cerutti <[email protected] > wrote in news:H5ZWg.5404$5i7.1394
@newsreading01.news.tds.net:

> On 2006-10-10, chak daddy dollar$ <[email protected]> wrote:
>> was told that it was supposed to when I signed up for dish
>> network but it doesn't seem to work...I wanted to watch the c's
>> cavs tonight...
>>
>> Was I misled, or was my account not set up properly?
>
> It depends on where on you live. Celtics games might be blacked
> out where your supposed to get Fox Sports New England to watch
> them. It looks like all preseason games are being picked up by
> FSNE.


I live in Detroit.

DISH network now tells me that the league pass actually starts 11/1, ie the
2nd game of the season (I think the first night will be on national TV.)

So I presume that preseason games are not on the league pass at all; can
anyone confirm this?

Also when I go to the league pass broadband deal on nba.com where you can
watch games on the internet if you have league pass, there are no games
listed on the schedule either.


12 Oct 2006 15:03:14
Patricia Bender
Re: Does league pass carry preseason games?

chak daddy dollar$ <[email protected] > wrote:
>DISH network now tells me that the league pass actually starts 11/1, ie the
>2nd game of the season (I think the first night will be on national TV.)
>
>So I presume that preseason games are not on the league pass at all; can
>anyone confirm this?

Nope. I've got DirecTV and have watched a couple of games so far with the
League Pass.

Apparently DISH isn't too great about this stuff. My dad was really
ticked last season when he was no longer getting NBATV (where some of the
playoff games were being broadcast) once the regular season ended, even
though he had got NBATV as part of the League Pass. [He's now with
DirecTV.]


patricia


--
Patricia Bender [email protected]
For NBA stuff: http://www.dfw.net/~patricia/index.html
For Mavs stuff: http://www.dfw.net/~patricia/mavs.html