25 Jun 2005 12:56:09
s_knight8
Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401
536_2.html

The backlash goes much deeper than the media. At least three players not
playing in the Finals spoken to this week on condition their names not be
used -- black players whose NBA jobs are being outsourced -- desperately
wanted the Pistons to beat the Spurs. For no other reason than, as one of
them candidly said, "We gotta put some of these guys back in their place."

It may be too late, especially after Ginobili became the first foreign
player to complete a historic double -- winning a gold medal for his country
and an NBA championship for his team. Ginobili led Argentina to victory in
Athens and had one of the more impressive fourth quarters of a close-out
game in the Finals. He scored 11 of his 23 points in the fourth, penetrating
the heart of the league's most physically imposing defense in the final
minutes to ice the game and the title. He made both three-point shots he
attempted, including a 26-footer with 2 minutes 57 seconds left, a shot that
pushed the Spurs' lead to 72-65.

Rasheed Wallace was asked why Ginobili was so tough to guard earlier in the
series. Wallace refused to give Ginobili his due, stopping just short of
putting him down as a player while making it clear he did not think Ginobili
was a special talent. Sean Elliott, the former NBA forward who now works as
a radio and TV analyst for the Spurs, has seen this dismissive behavior
before by NBA players when it comes to Ginobili. He believes it goes much
further than merely professional jealousy.

"When you have a Dirk Nowitzki or Larry Bird-type players, big guys who play
their positions well, there's not a lot of backlash," Elliott said. "But
when you have a 6-6 white guy beating the black player at his own game, then
it's a little different. Every series he's been in, guys have been slow to
give him respect. It's an amazing phenomenon.

Added Elliott, "If he was an inner-city kid, if Manu Ginobili was from
Chicago or New York, and he was bringing the game like he's bringing it now,
all the players in the league would say, 'Manu is the truth.' Instead they
say, 'He throws his arms, he flails.' Every series in the playoffs this
year, it's been that way. Denver did not want to give him credit in the
first round. Seattle, same thing. Now Detroit."

Going on 1 a.m. Friday, Parker wore a French flag draped over him as he
spoke at the podium after the game, talking about how proud he was to
represent his homeland. He eventually joined his chanting friends underneath
the rim.

Brent Barry, his teammate, surveyed the scene. Barry is the American-born
son of Rick Barry, who led the Golden State Warriors to the NBA title in
1975 -- 30 years before his son earned a championship ring and long before
players from Caribbean islands, South America and France began to earn them,
too.

" Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! "

"The French," Brent Barry said, walking off the floor as he shook his head.
"What is it with the French?"

25 Jun 2005 10:18:23
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

s_knight8 wrote:
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401
> 536_2.html
>
> The backlash goes much deeper than the media. At least three players not
> playing in the Finals spoken to this week on condition their names not be
> used -- black players whose NBA jobs are being outsourced -- desperately
> wanted the Pistons to beat the Spurs. For no other reason than, as one of
> them candidly said, "We gotta put some of these guys back in their place."
>
> It may be too late, especially after Ginobili became the first foreign
> player to complete a historic double -- winning a gold medal for his country
> and an NBA championship for his team. Ginobili led Argentina to victory in
> Athens and had one of the more impressive fourth quarters of a close-out
> game in the Finals. He scored 11 of his 23 points in the fourth, penetrating
> the heart of the league's most physically imposing defense in the final
> minutes to ice the game and the title. He made both three-point shots he
> attempted, including a 26-footer with 2 minutes 57 seconds left, a shot that
> pushed the Spurs' lead to 72-65.
>

> Rasheed Wallace was asked why Ginobili was so tough to guard earlier in the
> series. Wallace refused to give Ginobili his due, stopping just short of
> putting him down as a player while making it clear he did not think Ginobili
> was a special talent. Sean Elliott, the former NBA forward who now works as
> a radio and TV analyst for the Spurs, has seen this dismissive behavior
> before by NBA players when it comes to Ginobili. He believes it goes much
> further than merely professional jealousy.
>
> "When you have a Dirk Nowitzki or Larry Bird-type players, big guys who play
> their positions well, there's not a lot of backlash," Elliott said. "But
> when you have a 6-6 white guy beating the black player at his own game, then
> it's a little different. Every series he's been in, guys have been slow to
> give him respect. It's an amazing phenomenon.
>
> Added Elliott, "If he was an inner-city kid, if Manu Ginobili was from
> Chicago or New York, and he was bringing the game like he's bringing it now,
> all the players in the league would say, 'Manu is the truth.' Instead they
> say, 'He throws his arms, he flails.' Every series in the playoffs this
> year, it's been that way. Denver did not want to give him credit in the
> first round. Seattle, same thing. Now Detroit."
>
> Going on 1 a.m. Friday, Parker wore a French flag draped over him as he
> spoke at the podium after the game, talking about how proud he was to
> represent his homeland. He eventually joined his chanting friends underneath
> the rim.

Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons. Just
Sean Elliot's unattributed musings. Doesn't seem quite worth trying to
stir up a racial issue about.

> Brent Barry, his teammate, surveyed the scene. Barry is the American-born
> son of Rick Barry, who led the Golden State Warriors to the NBA title in
> 1975 -- 30 years before his son earned a championship ring and long before
> players from Caribbean islands, South America and France began to earn them,
> too.
>
> " Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! "
>
> "The French," Brent Barry said, walking off the floor as he shook his head.
> "What is it with the French?"

I wonder if this is true. To be picky, while "Nous sommes les
champions" would be the literal translation of the Queen "We are the
Champions" chorus, the French idiomatic way to say it would be "On est
champion" --and even if Parker was using the literal translation, the
plural "les" doesn't fit with the singular "champion."

More substantively, why would Barry say, "What is it with the French?"?
It doesn't seem the least bit odd that Parker would want to say/sing
"We are the Champions" in his native language the night he wins a
championship. I assume Barry was joking, in which case, so what?--Joe

25 Jun 2005 18:21:53
Archie Leach
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On 25 Jun 2005 10:18:23 -0700, in rec.sport.basketball.pro
[email protected] wrote:

>Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
>the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons. Just
>Sean Elliot's unattributed musings. Doesn't seem quite worth trying to
>stir up a racial issue about.

Since when has the content of the article had anything to do with
sknight's subject-header headline selection??

And does sknight ever respond to anything anymore?????

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 11:48:18 -0700, Sports Fan
<[email protected] > scribbled:

Anyway.

While scoreboard shows the final outcome of the game,
it certainly doesn't prove that a team was a better
from the other.

25 Jun 2005 18:30:27
Rob Osborn
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

"Archie Leach" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On 25 Jun 2005 10:18:23 -0700, in rec.sport.basketball.pro
> [email protected] wrote:
>
>>Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
>>the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons. Just
>>Sean Elliot's unattributed musings. Doesn't seem quite worth trying to
>>stir up a racial issue about.
>
> Since when has the content of the article had anything to do with
> sknight's subject-header headline selection??
>
> And does sknight ever respond to anything anymore?????

No, Archie, he is just a cross-posting jackass.

25 Jun 2005 12:33:38
Blazer Fan Dan

[email protected] wrote:
> > Brent Barry, his teammate, surveyed the scene. Barry is the American-born
> > son of Rick Barry, who led the Golden State Warriors to the NBA title in
> > 1975 -- 30 years before his son earned a championship ring and long before
> > players from Caribbean islands, South America and France began to earn them,
> > too.
> >
> > " Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! "
> >
> > "The French," Brent Barry said, walking off the floor as he shook his head.
> > "What is it with the French?"
>
> More substantively, why would Barry say, "What is it with the French?"?
> It doesn't seem the least bit odd that Parker would want to say/sing
> "We are the Champions" in his native language the night he wins a
> championship. I assume Barry was joking, in which case, so what?--Joe

I think it's a safe bet to say that Brent was joking, as in "jeesh,
those guys" sorta way. I doubt he was saying "damn those frenchies! Im
going to go eat my freedom fries, and freedom kiss my wife! And then
tommorrow, I'm going to have some freedom toast!"

25 Jun 2005 14:12:35
Thomas

s_knight8 wrote:
> [...]
> year, it's been that way. Denver did not want to give him credit in the
> first round. Seattle, same thing. Now Detroit."
>
> Going on 1 a.m. Friday, Parker wore a French flag draped over him as he
> spoke at the podium after the game, talking about how proud he was to
> represent his homeland. He eventually joined his chanting friends underneath
> the rim.
>
> Brent Barry, his teammate, surveyed the scene. Barry is the American-born
> son of Rick Barry, who led the Golden State Warriors to the NBA title in
> 1975 -- 30 years before his son earned a championship ring and long before
> players from Caribbean islands, South America and France began to earn them,
> too.
>
> " Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! "
>
> "The French," Brent Barry said, walking off the floor as he shook his head.

Nobody ever says a word about Tony Parker, an Arab of Algerian descent.

-Thomas

25 Jun 2005 14:13:33
Thomas

s_knight8 wrote:
> [...]
> year, it's been that way. Denver did not want to give him credit in the
> first round. Seattle, same thing. Now Detroit."
>
> Going on 1 a.m. Friday, Parker wore a French flag draped over him as he
> spoke at the podium after the game, talking about how proud he was to
> represent his homeland. He eventually joined his chanting friends underneath
> the rim.
>
> Brent Barry, his teammate, surveyed the scene. Barry is the American-born
> son of Rick Barry, who led the Golden State Warriors to the NBA title in
> 1975 -- 30 years before his son earned a championship ring and long before
> players from Caribbean islands, South America and France began to earn them,
> too.
>
> " Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! "
>
> "The French," Brent Barry said, walking off the floor as he shook his head.

...and now we know why the Pistons kept their secret weapon Darko on the
bench...Rasheed the racist won't let him play.

*rolls eyes*

What a crock of shit.

-Thomas

25 Jun 2005 13:28:25

Blazer Fan Dan wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
> > > Brent Barry, his teammate, surveyed the scene. Barry is the American-born
> > > son of Rick Barry, who led the Golden State Warriors to the NBA title in
> > > 1975 -- 30 years before his son earned a championship ring and long before
> > > players from Caribbean islands, South America and France began to earn them,
> > > too.
> > >
> > > " Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! Nous sommes les cham-pi-on! "
> > >
> > > "The French," Brent Barry said, walking off the floor as he shook his head.
> > > "What is it with the French?"
> >
> > More substantively, why would Barry say, "What is it with the French?"?
> > It doesn't seem the least bit odd that Parker would want to say/sing
> > "We are the Champions" in his native language the night he wins a
> > championship. I assume Barry was joking, in which case, so what?--Joe
>
> I think it's a safe bet to say that Brent was joking, as in "jeesh,
> those guys" sorta way. I doubt he was saying "damn those frenchies! Im
> going to go eat my freedom fries, and freedom kiss my wife! And then
> tommorrow, I'm going to have some freedom toast!"

Oh, I'm sure he was. But then that bit doesn't really fit the rest of
the article. Which is probably because the article ain't that great,
even without the misleading subject line in this thread. --Joe

25 Jun 2005 20:38:03
Robert Salerno
Re: Nigger players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401
>536_2.html

>Rasheed Wallace was asked why Ginobili was so tough to guard earlier in the
>series. Wallace refused to give Ginobili his due, stopping just short of
>putting him down as a player while making it clear he did not think Ginobili
>was a special talent. Sean Elliott, the former NBA forward who now works as
>a radio and TV analyst for the Spurs, has seen this dismissive behavior
>before by NBA players when it comes to Ginobili. He believes it goes much
>further than merely professional jealousy.
>
>"When you have a Dirk Nowitzki or Larry Bird-type players, big guys who play
>their positions well, there's not a lot of backlash," Elliott said. "But
>when you have a 6-6 white guy beating the black player at his own game, then
>it's a little different. Every series he's been in, guys have been slow to
>give him respect. It's an amazing phenomenon.

Sometimes you have give a good flogging to a nigger like the one
Ginobili gave to Ragweed and his ilk. The negro's ancestral instincts
will kick in with the understanding of who is master and who is
servant.

"Being a nigger is embarrassment,
being John Gotti's grandson is an honor." - John Gotti
www.thesmokinggun.com/blowingupgotti

25 Jun 2005 20:59:53
bozak
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]

> s_knight8 wrote:
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401
>> 536_2.html
>>
>> The backlash goes much deeper than the media. At least three players not
>> playing in the Finals spoken to this week on condition their names not be
>> used -- black players whose NBA jobs are being outsourced -- desperately
>> wanted the Pistons to beat the Spurs. For no other reason than, as one of
>> them candidly said, "We gotta put some of these guys back in their place."
>>
>> It may be too late, especially after Ginobili became the first foreign
>> player to complete a historic double -- winning a gold medal for his country
>> and an NBA championship for his team. Ginobili led Argentina to victory in
>> Athens and had one of the more impressive fourth quarters of a close-out
>> game in the Finals. He scored 11 of his 23 points in the fourth, penetrating
>> the heart of the league's most physically imposing defense in the final
>> minutes to ice the game and the title. He made both three-point shots he
>> attempted, including a 26-footer with 2 minutes 57 seconds left, a shot that
>> pushed the Spurs' lead to 72-65.
>>

>> Rasheed Wallace was asked why Ginobili was so tough to guard earlier in the
>> series. Wallace refused to give Ginobili his due, stopping just short of
>> putting him down as a player while making it clear he did not think Ginobili
>> was a special talent. Sean Elliott, the former NBA forward who now works as
>> a radio and TV analyst for the Spurs, has seen this dismissive behavior
>> before by NBA players when it comes to Ginobili. He believes it goes much
>> further than merely professional jealousy.
>>
>> "When you have a Dirk Nowitzki or Larry Bird-type players, big guys who play
>> their positions well, there's not a lot of backlash," Elliott said. "But
>> when you have a 6-6 white guy beating the black player at his own game, then
>> it's a little different. Every series he's been in, guys have been slow to
>> give him respect. It's an amazing phenomenon.
>>
>> Added Elliott, "If he was an inner-city kid, if Manu Ginobili was from
>> Chicago or New York, and he was bringing the game like he's bringing it now,
>> all the players in the league would say, 'Manu is the truth.' Instead they
>> say, 'He throws his arms, he flails.' Every series in the playoffs this
>> year, it's been that way. Denver did not want to give him credit in the
>> first round. Seattle, same thing. Now Detroit."
>>
>> Going on 1 a.m. Friday, Parker wore a French flag draped over him as he
>> spoke at the podium after the game, talking about how proud he was to
>> represent his homeland. He eventually joined his chanting friends underneath
>> the rim.
>
> Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
> the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons.

first time reading sknight / tiberone troll bait, huh???

25 Jun 2005 14:20:52
Terraholm

Archie Leach wrote:
> On 25 Jun 2005 10:18:23 -0700, in rec.sport.basketball.pro
> [email protected] wrote:

> And does sknight ever respond to anything anymore?????

When he adds editorial comment Wes uses a different screen name.

--
Laurel T
You can tell a gelding,

25 Jun 2005 21:27:17
bozak
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

"Terraholm" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Archie Leach wrote:
>> On 25 Jun 2005 10:18:23 -0700, in rec.sport.basketball.pro
>> [email protected] wrote:
>

>> And does sknight ever respond to anything anymore?????
>
> When he adds editorial comment Wes uses a different screen name.

you should be penalized for not calling him an SBN... :-)

25 Jun 2005 14:35:44
Terraholm

Thomas wrote:
> s_knight8 wrote:
>> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401
>> 536_2.html

> ...and now we know why the Pistons kept their secret weapon Darko on
> the bench...Rasheed the racist won't let him play.
>
> *rolls eyes*
>
> What a crock of shit.

Guess the stories about him mentoring Darko in practice are false...
About like Vescey saying 'Sheed would not play for a white coach and the
Blazers would not hire one for that reason, the next day he said Flip was
getting the blazers job...

Get out the black face makeup for LB...
Whuich reminds me about another white coach and 'Sheed...Here is a picture
that was in the paper of 'Sheed going into the stands...to borrow a fan's "A
Muss Win" sign after Musselman died during the 2000 playoffs.
http://terraholm.com/musswin.jpg

--
Laurel T
"Wallace is a riddle wrapped in a mystery,

25 Jun 2005 15:21:32
Mickey

[email protected] wrote:

> s_knight8 wrote:
>
>>http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401
>>536_2.html
>>
>>The backlash goes much deeper than the media. At least three players not
>>playing in the Finals spoken to this week on condition their names not be
>>used -- black players whose NBA jobs are being outsourced -- desperately
>>wanted the Pistons to beat the Spurs. For no other reason than, as one of
>>them candidly said, "We gotta put some of these guys back in their place."
>>
>>It may be too late, especially after Ginobili became the first foreign
>>player to complete a historic double -- winning a gold medal for his country
>>and an NBA championship for his team. Ginobili led Argentina to victory in
>>Athens and had one of the more impressive fourth quarters of a close-out
>>game in the Finals. He scored 11 of his 23 points in the fourth, penetrating
>>the heart of the league's most physically imposing defense in the final
>>minutes to ice the game and the title. He made both three-point shots he
>>attempted, including a 26-footer with 2 minutes 57 seconds left, a shot that
>>pushed the Spurs' lead to 72-65.
>>

>>Rasheed Wallace was asked why Ginobili was so tough to guard earlier in the
>>series. Wallace refused to give Ginobili his due, stopping just short of
>>putting him down as a player while making it clear he did not think Ginobili
>>was a special talent. Sean Elliott, the former NBA forward who now works as
>>a radio and TV analyst for the Spurs, has seen this dismissive behavior
>>before by NBA players when it comes to Ginobili. He believes it goes much
>>further than merely professional jealousy.
>>
>>"When you have a Dirk Nowitzki or Larry Bird-type players, big guys who play
>>their positions well, there's not a lot of backlash," Elliott said. "But
>>when you have a 6-6 white guy beating the black player at his own game, then
>>it's a little different. Every series he's been in, guys have been slow to
>>give him respect. It's an amazing phenomenon.
>>
>>Added Elliott, "If he was an inner-city kid, if Manu Ginobili was from
>>Chicago or New York, and he was bringing the game like he's bringing it now,
>>all the players in the league would say, 'Manu is the truth.' Instead they
>>say, 'He throws his arms, he flails.' Every series in the playoffs this
>>year, it's been that way. Denver did not want to give him credit in the
>>first round. Seattle, same thing. Now Detroit."
>>
>>Going on 1 a.m. Friday, Parker wore a French flag draped over him as he
>>spoke at the podium after the game, talking about how proud he was to
>>represent his homeland. He eventually joined his chanting friends underneath
>>the rim.
>

> Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
> the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons. Just
> Sean Elliot's unattributed musings. Doesn't seem quite worth trying to
> stir up a racial issue about.

Still rings true. There's a lot of contempt out there for white
athletes among black fans, at least. I can't speak for the athletes
themselves. I would think they'd be "believers" (in a guy's game)
before anybody else.

26 Jun 2005 14:39:19
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:21:32 -0700, Mickey
<[email protected] > wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
<sniP >

>> Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
>> the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons. Just
>> Sean Elliot's unattributed musings. Doesn't seem quite worth trying to
>> stir up a racial issue about.
>
> Still rings true. There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>athletes among black fans, at least. I can't speak for the athletes
>themselves. I would think they'd be "believers" (in a guy's game)
>before anybody else.

and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
athletes among black fans, at least" on what?

26 Jun 2005 23:04:39
Just Me

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:39:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:21:32 -0700, Mickey
><[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:
><sniP>
>>>
>>> Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
>>> the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons. Just
>>> Sean Elliot's unattributed musings. Doesn't seem quite worth trying to
>>> stir up a racial issue about.
>>
>> Still rings true. There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>athletes among black fans, at least. I can't speak for the athletes
>>themselves. I would think they'd be "believers" (in a guy's game)
>>before anybody else.
>
>and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>athletes among black fans, at least" on what?

Oh that's easy, the jerk has polled every black fan in america!
Sheesh!!!

26 Jun 2005 17:07:17
Thomas

Just Me wrote:
> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:39:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:21:32 -0700, Mickey
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>><sniP>

>>> Still rings true. There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>>athletes among black fans, at least. I can't speak for the athletes
>>>themselves. I would think they'd be "believers" (in a guy's game)
>>>before anybody else.
>>
>>and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>athletes among black fans, at least" on what?
>

> Oh that's easy, the jerk has polled every black fan in america!
> Sheesh!!!

How can you tell if someone is black?

-Thomas

26 Jun 2005 17:13:10
Reggie
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

"Thomas" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Just Me wrote:
> > On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:39:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

> >><sniP>

> >>and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
> >>athletes among black fans, at least" on what?
> >

> > Oh that's easy, the jerk has polled every black fan in america!
> > Sheesh!!!
>
> How can you tell if someone is black?

Ask them?

> -Thomas

26 Jun 2005 17:31:29
Thomas

Reggie wrote:
> "Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>Just Me wrote:

> wanted

>>>Oh that's easy, the jerk has polled every black fan in america!
>>>Sheesh!!!
>>
>>How can you tell if someone is black?
>

> Ask them?

Well, that doesn't always work. I knew a kid who was white as snow with
red hair. He was into punk up until junior year, when he started hanging
out in Detroit. He swore he was black.

Had another friend with the last name Kowalski. Mom's maiden name was
Hnida. Swore up and down that he was 100% Irish.

-Thomas

27 Jun 2005 00:32:18
Mickey

[email protected] wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:21:32 -0700, Mickey
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>[email protected] wrote:
>
> <sniP>
>
>>>Wow, not a single quote from any "black player" saying that they wanted
>>>the Pistons to beat the Spurs for racial/nationalistic reasons. Just
>>>Sean Elliot's unattributed musings. Doesn't seem quite worth trying to
>>>stir up a racial issue about.
>>
>> Still rings true. There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>athletes among black fans, at least. I can't speak for the athletes
>>themselves. I would think they'd be "believers" (in a guy's game)
>>before anybody else.
>

> and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
> athletes among black fans, at least" on what?

Personal eye witness account... What else do I need?

27 Jun 2005 00:32:49
Mickey

Just Me wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:39:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:21:32 -0700, Mickey
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>><sniP>

>>> Still rings true. There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>>athletes among black fans, at least. I can't speak for the athletes
>>>themselves. I would think they'd be "believers" (in a guy's game)
>>>before anybody else.
>>
>>and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>athletes among black fans, at least" on what?
>

> Oh that's easy, the jerk has polled every black fan in america!

Moron, I didn't say anything about every black fan in america.

27 Jun 2005 10:01:24
Just Me
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:32:18 -0700, Mickey
<[email protected] > wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 15:21:32 -0700, Mickey
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>>>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>> <sniP>

>>> Still rings true. There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>>athletes among black fans, at least. I can't speak for the athletes
>>>themselves. I would think they'd be "believers" (in a guy's game)
>>>before anybody else.
>>

>> and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>> athletes among black fans, at least" on what?
>
> Personal eye witness account... What else do I need?

A brain for one!

27 Jun 2005 06:05:55

Just Me wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:32:18 -0700, Mickey
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >[email protected] wrote:

> >> <sniP>

> >> and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
> >> athletes among black fans, at least" on what?
> >
> > Personal eye witness account... What else do I need?

An old phrase from the halls of academe: the plural of anecdote is not
data.--Joe

> A brain for one!

27 Jun 2005 14:21:16

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:07:17 -0600, Thomas <[email protected] > wrote:

>Just Me wrote:
>> On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 14:39:19 GMT, [email protected] wrote:

>>><sniP>

>>>and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>>athletes among black fans, at least" on what?
>>

>> Oh that's easy, the jerk has polled every black fan in america!
>> Sheesh!!!
>
>How can you tell if someone is black?

By the way they speak ; >)))). Didn't you see Malibu's Most Wanted?
Obviously the guys ( P.J. and Sean) that kidnapped B-Rad were White.
http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0328099/Ss/0328099/C31-E.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0328099

>-Thomas

27 Jun 2005 16:37:48
Robert Salerno

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 17:31:29 -0600, Thomas <[email protected] > wrote:

>Well, that doesn't always work. I knew a kid who was white as snow with
>red hair. He was into punk up until junior year, when he started hanging
>out in Detroit. He swore he was black.

Is it Eminem?

"Being a nigger is embarrassment,
being John Gotti's grandson is an honor." - John Gotti
www.thesmokinggun.com/blowingupgotti

27 Jun 2005 18:24:24
Mickey

Just Me wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:32:18 -0700, Mickey
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>[email protected] wrote:

>>><sniP>

>>>and you base " There's a lot of contempt out there for white
>>>athletes among black fans, at least" on what?
>>
>> Personal eye witness account... What else do I need?
>

> A brain for one!

Got it! That makes one of us!

28 Jun 2005 14:12:47
Mickey

[email protected] wrote:

> Just Me wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:32:18 -0700, Mickey
>><[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Personal eye witness account... What else do I need?
>

> An old phrase from the halls of academe: the plural of anecdote is not
> data.--Joe

"Rings true" isn't meant to suggest precise data.

28 Jun 2005 14:27:12

Mickey wrote:
> [email protected] wrote:
>

> > Just Me wrote:

> > An old phrase from the halls of academe: the plural of anecdote is not
> > data.--Joe
>
> "Rings true" isn't meant to suggest precise data.

OK, what is it meant to suggest? What was/is your basis for saying
that this statement "rings true" to you? Have lots of black fans
and/or atheletes told you that they have contempt for white atheletes?

We're now dozens of posts into this thread and we still haven't heard
ONE SINGLE direct quote or comment from a black person showing contempt
for or otherwise resenting white atheletes (and no, Rasheed's comments
about Ginobli don't come close to that). Anecdotally, as a Pistons
fan, it sure seems like the black players for Detroit are rooting for
and trying to help Darko M.--Joe

29 Jun 2005 01:00:30
Just Me

On 28 Jun 2005 14:27:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>Mickey wrote:
>> [email protected] wrote:

>> > An old phrase from the halls of academe: the plural of anecdote is not
>> > data.--Joe
>>
>> "Rings true" isn't meant to suggest precise data.
>
>OK, what is it meant to suggest? What was/is your basis for saying
>that this statement "rings true" to you? Have lots of black fans
>and/or atheletes told you that they have contempt for white atheletes?
>

>We're now dozens of posts into this thread and we still haven't heard
>ONE SINGLE direct quote or comment from a black person showing contempt
>for or otherwise resenting white atheletes (and no, Rasheed's comments
>about Ginobli don't come close to that). Anecdotally, as a Pistons
>fan, it sure seems like the black players for Detroit are rooting for
>and trying to help Darko M.--Joe

This kid mickey is just a dope at best, he doesnt have a clue and
could never answer your question without sounding like an idiot!

29 Jun 2005 01:01:36
Just Me
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:24:24 -0700, Mickey
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Just Me wrote:
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 00:32:18 -0700, Mickey
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Personal eye witness account... What else do I need?
>>

>> A brain for one!
>
> Got it! That makes one of us!

See what I mean slater.... this kid is just an asshole!
Snide remarks with no substance!

28 Jun 2005 22:25:26
Exhibitionist
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On 28 Jun 2005 14:27:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>We're now dozens of posts into this thread and we still haven't heard
>ONE SINGLE direct quote or comment from a black person showing contempt
>for or otherwise resenting white atheletes (and no, Rasheed's comments
>about Ginobli don't come close to that). Anecdotally, as a Pistons
>fan, it sure seems like the black players for Detroit are rooting for
>and trying to help Darko M.--Joe

Isaah Thomas/Larry Bird. After that, players learned to be quiet
about it.

28 Jun 2005 23:56:23
Mickey

[email protected] wrote:

> Mickey wrote:
>
>>[email protected] wrote:

>>>An old phrase from the halls of academe: the plural of anecdote is not
>>>data.--Joe
>>
>> "Rings true" isn't meant to suggest precise data.
>

> OK, what is it meant to suggest? What was/is your basis for saying
> that this statement "rings true" to you? Have lots of black fans
> and/or atheletes told you that they have contempt for white atheletes?

I've witnessed it. What do you want me to tell you?

Sorry to cast a cloud over your PC world, but people of different races
don't always view things the same way.

28 Jun 2005 23:57:11
Mickey

Just Me wrote:

> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:24:24 -0700, Mickey
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Just Me wrote:

>>>A brain for one!
>>
>> Got it! That makes one of us!
>

> See what I mean slater.... this kid is just an asshole!
> Snide remarks with no substance!

Yeah, "A brain for one!" was such a thoughtful response. Go get fucked.

29 Jun 2005 00:03:43
Mickey

Just Me wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2005 14:27:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>Mickey wrote:

>>> "Rings true" isn't meant to suggest precise data.
>>
>>OK, what is it meant to suggest? What was/is your basis for saying
>>that this statement "rings true" to you? Have lots of black fans
>>and/or atheletes told you that they have contempt for white atheletes?
>>

>>We're now dozens of posts into this thread and we still haven't heard
>>ONE SINGLE direct quote or comment from a black person showing contempt
>>for or otherwise resenting white atheletes (and no, Rasheed's comments
>>about Ginobli don't come close to that). Anecdotally, as a Pistons
>>fan, it sure seems like the black players for Detroit are rooting for
>>and trying to help Darko M.--Joe
>

> This kid mickey is just a dope at best, he doesnt have a clue and
> could never answer your question without sounding like an idiot!

Obviously, one can not make an honest statement based on personal
experience without you getting your politically correct panties in a
bunch, so why should I bother? The subject is over your head anyway,
junior.

29 Jun 2005 07:29:29
Just Me
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:56:23 -0700, Mickey
<[email protected] > wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>>
>> Mickey wrote:

>>> "Rings true" isn't meant to suggest precise data.
>>

>> OK, what is it meant to suggest? What was/is your basis for saying
>> that this statement "rings true" to you? Have lots of black fans
>> and/or atheletes told you that they have contempt for white atheletes?
>
> I've witnessed it. What do you want me to tell you?
>
> Sorry to cast a cloud over your PC world, but people of different races
>don't always view things the same way.

I think you prove that with your idiotic comments!!!

29 Jun 2005 07:30:37
Just Me
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:57:11 -0700, Mickey
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Just Me wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 18:24:24 -0700, Mickey
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Got it! That makes one of us!
>>

>> See what I mean slater.... this kid is just an asshole!
>> Snide remarks with no substance!
>
> Yeah, "A brain for one!" was such a thoughtful response. Go get fucked.
You probably already are getting fucked and from one of those big
black guys that are your friends....

29 Jun 2005 01:26:22
Mickey

Just Me wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:56:23 -0700, Mickey
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>[email protected] wrote:

>>>OK, what is it meant to suggest? What was/is your basis for saying
>>>that this statement "rings true" to you? Have lots of black fans
>>>and/or atheletes told you that they have contempt for white atheletes?
>>
>> I've witnessed it. What do you want me to tell you?
>>
>> Sorry to cast a cloud over your PC world, but people of different races
>>don't always view things the same way.
>>

> I think you prove that with your idiotic comments!!!

Care to explain what's idiotic about it?

29 Jun 2005 01:27:56
Mickey

Just Me wrote:

> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:57:11 -0700, Mickey
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Just Me wrote:

>>>See what I mean slater.... this kid is just an asshole!
>>>Snide remarks with no substance!
>>
>> Yeah, "A brain for one!" was such a thoughtful response. Go get fucked.
>
> You probably already are getting fucked and from one of those big
> black guys that are your friends....

Hmmmm..... if you find it so easy to make an ignorant statement like
this, then what's the problem with anything I've said?

29 Jun 2005 11:01:47
izidor

Exhibitionist wrote:

> On 28 Jun 2005 14:27:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>

> >We're now dozens of posts into this thread and we still haven't heard
> >ONE SINGLE direct quote or comment from a black person showing contempt
> >for or otherwise resenting white atheletes (and no, Rasheed's comments
> >about Ginobli don't come close to that). Anecdotally, as a Pistons
> >fan, it sure seems like the black players for Detroit are rooting for
> >and trying to help Darko M.--Joe
>
> Isaah Thomas/Larry Bird. After that, players learned to be quiet
> about it.

Dennis Rodman in the late 80s/ Larry Bird

29 Jun 2005 07:29:23

izidor wrote:
> Exhibitionist wrote:
> >
> > On 28 Jun 2005 14:27:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
> >

> > >We're now dozens of posts into this thread and we still haven't heard
> > >ONE SINGLE direct quote or comment from a black person showing contempt
> > >for or otherwise resenting white atheletes (and no, Rasheed's comments
> > >about Ginobli don't come close to that). Anecdotally, as a Pistons
> > >fan, it sure seems like the black players for Detroit are rooting for
> > >and trying to help Darko M.--Joe
> >
> > Isaah Thomas/Larry Bird. After that, players learned to be quiet
> > about it.
>

> Dennis Rodman in the late 80s/ Larry Bird

Beat me to the correction.

Let's sum up. So far in this thread, as proof of the subject line that
"Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs," we have: (i) Sean
Elliot's general musings with no specifics; (ii) Mickey's claim that
this is consistent with his experience, whatever that experience is;
and (iii) the notion that players don't actually *say* anything about
it, because of the Rodman experience--which, you know, obviously ruined
his career. Oh yeah, and that it's "politically correct" to wonder if
any actual evidence of this and related claims exists.

I'm still not persuaded.--Joe

29 Jun 2005 15:43:28
Just Me
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:27:56 -0700, Mickey
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Just Me wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 23:57:11 -0700, Mickey
>> <[email protected]> wrote:

>>> Yeah, "A brain for one!" was such a thoughtful response. Go get fucked.
>>
>> You probably already are getting fucked and from one of those big
>> black guys that are your friends....
>
> Hmmmm..... if you find it so easy to make an ignorant statement like
>this, then what's the problem with anything I've said?

At least you finally admit that your statement was ignorant. Oh and at
this point I am just trying to stay at your level. I thought you would
appreciate it and it made me laugh. Nuff said on this very stupid post
of yours. Suggestion: Go and talk it over with your so-called black
friends and get more opinions.... OK?

29 Jun 2005 16:11:25
Re: Black players wanted Pistons to beat Spurs

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 22:25:26 -0500, Exhibitionist <[email protected] >
wrote:

>On 28 Jun 2005 14:27:12 -0700, [email protected] wrote:
>

>>We're now dozens of posts into this thread and we still haven't heard
>>ONE SINGLE direct quote or comment from a black person showing contempt
>>for or otherwise resenting white atheletes (and no, Rasheed's comments
>>about Ginobli don't come close to that). Anecdotally, as a Pistons
>>fan, it sure seems like the black players for Detroit are rooting for
>>and trying to help Darko M.--Joe
>
>Isaah Thomas/Larry Bird. After that, players learned to be quiet
>about it.

At least it the facts right. It was Rodman and he said (paraphrase) if
Bird was Black he'd just be considered another good player. Rodman
wasn't/isn't the most articulate guy in the world.

29 Jun 2005 23:56:48
Mick

Just Me wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 01:27:56 -0700, Mickey
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>Just Me wrote:

>>>You probably already are getting fucked and from one of those big
>>>black guys that are your friends....
>>
>> Hmmmm..... if you find it so easy to make an ignorant statement like
>>this, then what's the problem with anything I've said?
>

> At least you finally admit that your statement was ignorant.

No, I wouldn't say that, because my statement was not ignorant. It was
quite informed, and claimed nothing beyond my scope of experience.

But apparently it was a statement you didn't like, so you threw a
tantrum and instantly turned to namecalling, without even expressing
what it is you disapprove of.

How about you go outside and meet a few people from other cultures,
learn their differing attitudes toward things, and then you can still
come back and act like a jackass, but at least you'll have broadened
your mind.