30 Mar 2005 04:52:09
mimus
NIT Thought

I've been looking in on the NIT, because Vandy and South Carolina have
been going well in it, Vandy making it to the quarters, and South
Carolina beating Maryland tonight to advance to the final against St.
Joe's (who beat Memphis in the other semi).

Really, at the very latest with the quarters of the NIT, you have at
least eight teams that should've been in the Big Dance, and would've
if the NCAA tourney selection process was perfect, and there were no
automatic bids.

--
The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

30 Mar 2005 15:04:07
mc
Re: NIT Thought

> South Carolina beating Maryland tonight to advance

i watched that game. there was a period there in the first half when socar
punked the terps over and over and over, the like of which i don't recall
having seen i quite some time.

30 Mar 2005 20:24:58
mimus
Re: NIT Thought

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:04:07 -0500, "mc" <[email protected] >
wrote:

>> South Carolina beating Maryland tonight to advance
>
>i watched that game. there was a period there in the first half when socar
>punked the terps over and over and over, the like of which i don't recall
>having seen i quite some time.

USC's aggressive, sometimes too much so.

I love watching Balkman play-- and sometimes blow out-- unless it's
against UK.

--
The Usenet voice of the Kentucky Wildcats!
(Please ignore.)

31 Mar 2005 05:18:05
navin
Re: NIT Thought

mimus wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 15:04:07 -0500, "mc" <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>>South Carolina beating Maryland tonight to advance
>>
>>i watched that game. there was a period there in the first half when socar
>>punked the terps over and over and over, the like of which i don't recall
>>having seen i quite some time.
>

> USC's aggressive, sometimes too much so.
>
> I love watching Balkman play-- and sometimes blow out-- unless it's
> against UK.

I was talking to one of my buddies while watching the game. We both
like Balkman's energy, but he definitely will play out of control. I
will be watching tomorrow night, of course, and rooting for USC.

I think really athletic teams give Maryland trouble, because they can't
push them around.

--
reverse email to reply