05 Jul 2006 21:05:06
Pauli G
K-State basketball program: still under construction

Where's the loyalty and love to Huggy Bear? OJ Mayo committing to the
basketball hotbed otherwise known as USC.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2510229

06 Jul 2006 06:04:34
Jason Arndt
Re: K-State basketball program: still under construction

Pauli G wrote:
> Where's the loyalty and love to Huggy Bear? OJ Mayo committing to the
> basketball hotbed otherwise known as USC.
>
> http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2510229

Well, if you've ever been to Manhattan, KS...

06 Jul 2006 05:56:28
Pauli G

Jason Arndt wrote:
> Pauli G wrote:
> > Where's the loyalty and love to Huggy Bear? OJ Mayo committing to the
> > basketball hotbed otherwise known as USC.
> >
> > http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2510229
>
> Well, if you've ever been to Manhattan, KS...

but USC? I mean, what's there at USC except year-round sunshine and
uncommonly beautiful co-eds? Wait, I think I just answered my own
question......

06 Jul 2006 09:02:37

Pauli G wrote:
> Jason Arndt wrote:
>
>>Pauli G wrote:
>>
>>>Where's the loyalty and love to Huggy Bear? OJ Mayo committing to the
>>>basketball hotbed otherwise known as USC.
>>>
>>>http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2510229
>>
>>Well, if you've ever been to Manhattan, KS...
>
> but USC? I mean, what's there at USC except year-round sunshine and
> uncommonly beautiful co-eds? Wait, I think I just answered my own
> question......

If he's thinking about coaches as well, Tim Floyd is pretty solid. I was
always impressed by his teams when he was at Iowa State, and even though
he didn't do much as a pro coach, he has been in the league.

06 Jul 2006 09:52:15
Edward M. Kennedy
Re: K-State basketball program: still under construction

"Jason Arndt" <[email protected] > wrote

>>>Well, if you've ever been to Manhattan, KS...
>>
>> but USC? I mean, what's there at USC except year-round sunshine and
>> uncommonly beautiful co-eds? Wait, I think I just answered my own
>> question......
>
> If he's thinking about coaches as well, Tim Floyd is pretty solid. I was
> always impressed by his teams when he was at Iowa State, and even though he
> didn't do much as a pro coach, he has been in the league.

RU dissing Huggins? That's fine, but I think the whole
point is that USC is in a major market and (almost) major
conference without being a basketball rich school where
the kid is just another name.

--Tedward

06 Jul 2006 15:21:42
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=
Re: K-State basketball program: still under construction

Jason Arndt <[email protected] > wrote in
<news:[email protected] >:

> If he's thinking about coaches as well, Tim Floyd is pretty solid.
> I was always impressed by his teams when he was at Iowa State, and
> even though he didn't do much as a pro coach, he has been in the
> league.

He was very good at UNO also. IIRC, he won four conf championships in
his six years there.

James Gibson

Pauli G wrote:
> Jason Arndt wrote:
> > Pauli G wrote:
> > > Where's the loyalty and love to Huggy Bear? OJ Mayo committing to the
> > > basketball hotbed otherwise known as USC.
> > >
> > > http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2510229
> >
> > Well, if you've ever been to Manhattan, KS...
>
> but USC? I mean, what's there at USC except year-round sunshine and
> uncommonly beautiful co-eds? Wait, I think I just answered my own
> question......

Year-round sunshine only if the sun actually penetrates through the
smog. I did my time in the LA area. I prefer to live elsewhere.

06 Jul 2006 12:03:26

Edward M. Kennedy wrote:
> "Jason Arndt" <[email protected]> wrote

>>>but USC? I mean, what's there at USC except year-round sunshine and
>>>uncommonly beautiful co-eds? Wait, I think I just answered my own
>>>question......
>>
>>If he's thinking about coaches as well, Tim Floyd is pretty solid. I was
>>always impressed by his teams when he was at Iowa State, and even though he
>>didn't do much as a pro coach, he has been in the league.
>

> RU dissing Huggins?

I have to, just the same as I am no longer allowed to like Mike Anderson.

> That's fine, but I think the whole
> point is that USC is in a major market and (almost) major
> conference without being a basketball rich school where
> the kid is just another name.

Sure, and I wasn't meaning those are irrelevant. More that the coaching
dimension (if he cares) is similar/equal across KSU and USC, so he loses
nothing by going there rather than playing for Huggy. He may even be
better off if it is the case that Floyd is better equipped to prepare
him for the league than Huggy. The only minus is that he may not learn
how to tip a cow at USC.

06 Jul 2006 14:08:49
Edward M. Kennedy

"James Gibson" <[email protected] > wrote:

>> > Well, if you've ever been to Manhattan, KS...
>>
>> but USC? I mean, what's there at USC except year-round sunshine and
>> uncommonly beautiful co-eds? Wait, I think I just answered my own
>> question......
>
> Year-round sunshine only if the sun actually penetrates through the
> smog.

At which point, UCLA.

> I did my time in the LA area. I prefer to live elsewhere.

ME3.

Hurry up wait. At least they know to alternate. Environmentally
conscious people shouldn't live in deserts. Fortunately I am neither
environmental nor conscious.

--Tedward