29 Oct 2004 08:59:06
Re: Last Gasp of a Dying Sport

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 06:59:42 GMT, [email protected] (The Enigmatic One) wrote:

>> Minnesota, one of the teams most prominently mentioned a couple of
>> years ago as being in line for contraction because they couldn't
>> compete, have made the playoffs the past two years,
>
> Ahem. Three years.
> -Tim

They whipped the Red Sox in '02 but lost the the Yankees in '03 and '04.

Remember, the Red Sox were down to the Angels, 0-2 in '86
and then won the ALCS 3-2. To a degree, it has been done before.
This time however, they didn't have Gooden & Strawberry to contend with
but a bunch of panzies from St. Louis who couldn't put up a fight.

By the way, has baseball ever been more popular?
With season attendance for multiple clubs of over three miilion
in many of the past 10 years? Even kids today have better leagues
and have much more fun at baseball than we ever did in the 60's.

29 Oct 2004 11:39:09
Gary S. Simon
Re: Last Gasp of a Dying Sport

In article <[email protected] >, [email protected]
wrote:

> Remember, the Red Sox were down to the Angels, 0-2 in '86
> and then won the ALCS 3-2.

I don't remember that.

Maybe that's because they rebounded from down 3-1 to win in seven.

Lost to history seems to be the Angels' comeback in Game 4.

29 Oct 2004 15:29:18
Alan S. Wales
Re: Last Gasp of a Dying Sport

>[email protected]

>>[email protected]

>>> Minnesota, one of the teams most prominently mentioned a couple of
>>> years ago as being in line for contraction because they couldn't
>>> compete, have made the playoffs the past two years,
>>
>> Ahem. Three years.
>> -Tim

>They whipped the Red Sox in '02 but lost the the Yankees in '03 and '04.

The Twins beat the A's in 5 games in '02, didn't whip the Red Sox...

--
"When you argue with a fool be sure he is not similarly occupied."

See how the pros get their power!
http://www.powrwrap.com/press.htm