29 May 2004 22:02:03
Darren G
Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.

"bigjim" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> <Ever hear of the Silent Majority?>
>
> Silent Majority. Used in the historical context, that was/is a label that
> people that were sucked in by Richard Nixon's lies, used to describe
> themselves. I can see a parallel to the topic of this post.
>
> Now that I have declared my intention to no longer bash Snuffy, and can
> look at this situation in overview and objectively, the question I have is;
> What is the essential difference between a Snuffy basher and a basher of
> Snuffy bashers ??

Well, BigJim, I guess I probably fall into your "basher of Snuffy
bashers" category. I could go on for a long time setting out the
differences, but I won't. I can't and don't pretend to speak for the
majority, but, as I see it, the main differences are:

1. We know that nothing Snuffy says on this NG is really going to make
a difference to anybody, and it's highly unlikely that much else is
going to make a difference here either, although that was not always
the case;
2. We know there is almost no chance that lurking rookies are going to
put Snuffy's wisdom above anything they're told by their instructors.
We therefore don't see ourselves as the self-appointed public
defenders of lurking rookies, and - in particular - we don't see the
need to bang on rabidly and obsessively about every little thing
Snuff' says;
3. We don't really give a shit about Snuff's war record or lack
thereof; a sea story's a sea story, and they're funnier when a
civilian/cockroach swallows them. For the record, I spent some time as
an infantryman in the early-mid eighties and I'm fond of Snuff'
because he reminds me of a couple of old W.Os who were Korea, Malaya,
Vietnam vet's, and they were crazy fuckers too;
4. We don't require Snuffy to provide us with evidence of the average
length of his skidmarks during 1967-68 in order to prove that he was
(a) alive, or (b) in Vietnam, during that period (or whatever period
he was there. Refer to point 1 and 3 here;
5. We regard obsessive, pointless, circular arguments about semantics
- usually accompanied by a shitload of abuse - as a complete waste of
time. In addition, it's highly likely that this sort of thing has
caused the situation referred to in point 1. Snuffy's not the sole
culprit, of course, but he has been the primary catalyst for a long
time now. Refer also to point 6;
6. We're pretty tired of seeing the stuff referred to in points 3, 4
and 5, flooding the rec.;
7. We know that Snuff' is never going to stop trolling, so we figure
that maybe his playmates might exercise some common sense and starve
some of the oxygen from the threads. Obviously, that was asking too
much and isn't going to happen.

I hope this isn't going to draw some pointless flaming from you. If it
does I guess that will just back up some of the points I'm making
above, but I'm expecting better from you.

Incidentally, I don't intend to keep repeating myself on this topic.
You asked the question and I've said my piece. I'm not dumb enough to
want to waste time banging my head on a wall. Maybe that's another
difference?

Blues

Darren G


30 May 2004 13:15:57
chuck
Re: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.

>Subject: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.
>From: [email protected] (Darren G)
>Date: 5/30/04 1:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>Message-id: <[email protected]>

>Well, BigJim, I guess I probably fall into your "basher of Snuffy
>bashers" category. I could go on for a long time setting out the
>differences, but I won't. I can't and don't pretend to speak for the
>majority, but, as I see it, the main differences are:

Darren, you're probably a nice guy when you're not being an asshole. Quit
stiring the pot.

>2. We know there is almost no chance that lurking rookies are going to
>put Snuffy's wisdom above anything they're told by their instructors.

You do not know that, and you shouldn't presume that you do.




30 May 2004 13:50:45
Capt. hook
Re: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.

>Darren G

>We know there is almost no chance that >lurking rookies are going to
>put Snuffy's wisdom above anything >they're told by their instructors.

Hell no the 51 jump wonders are all over on dz dot com telling each other how
to skydive or talking about heir pets or helping little old ladys across the
street. Everybody knows we throw dogs away to go on vacation and BBQ cats &
push little old ladys into the street over here! ;)

>We don't really give a shit about Snuff's >war record or lack thereof; a sea
story's a >sea story,

Yeah only one hitch underachievers like Chuck and Jimbo care about shit like
that.
Chuck never rose above E3 & was too clumsy to join the F.R., he plays G.I. joe
with war surplus gear to this day because of it, trying to relieve it as Sgt
Striker. USMC, Chucks was a puss then, he's a middle aged drunken puss now &
Jimbo?
Jimbo did so badly in the Navy he has since joined the Army reserve to atone
for it.

>Snuff' reminds me of a couple of old >W.Os who were Korea Malaya,
>Vietnam vet's, and they were crazy >fuckers too

#1. I never drank through a funnel, so no way I can be compaired to a Marine
W.O.

#2 I've been certified-proven sane without doubt. The Judge did remark I
might be to smart for my own pants & a little over the top with humor
though.

>We don't require Snuffy to provide us >with evidence of the average
>length of his skidmarks during 1967-68 in >order to prove that he was
>(a) alive, or (b) in Vietnam

In 1967 and 68 I was in Italy attached to NATO/AFSOUTH as NCOIC of ELT D
and no where near Asia. Did my 3rd incountry tour in Indo China in 1969, it
ran into the spring of 1970 when my EOS
came up at the end of 13 months so I got out and went home to pratice all I had
learned on lay abouts & lessor Americans ...still pretty effective huh?

>whatever period
>he was there.

61/62---------64---------69/70

>We regard obsessive, pointless, circular >arguments about semantics

USPA2000 types are nitpickers, unable to find anything truely wrong and lacking
experiance as true fun jumpers &/or risk takers they are forced to base
arguements on Sematics alone.

> usually accompanied by a shitload of >abuse

Which they are dismayed to find, dosn't work on old scared veterans of lost
wars. I mean once your countrys turned against you...nothings ever going to
effect you again.

> it's highly likely that this sort of thing >has caused the situation referred
to in >point 1. Snuffy's not the sole
>culprit

Correct, their mostly dz loosers & medocre skydivers who have no hope of
reaching great potential so they attempt to tear someone else's record down...
in a feeble attempt to make their own look better...I twart them on every
point. One is approaching 40 and the other two are 50 now and have started the
down hill slide on the few air skills they may have built up.
Not many points were turned and their bodys ache when they come home from the
dz so they pick up the bottle and turn on the computer. I have no symathy for
them having not started FJC till my mid 50's yet overcoming these same ache'sm
pain's and disapointments old bodys cause to become better than they are now in
a few short years. That hurts their ego's
My ego is built on more than one simple thing like skydiving but this is all
they have because they have been lazy under achivers all their lives. Nar do
wells in the military in dead end jobs as civilians, Stuck in the city with a
wife and a morgage and here's a old man sitting out in the woods making fun of
them.

> but he has been the primary catalyst for a long time now.

Theres a old Texas saying
~fuck with the bulls and get the horns~
that about covers it! 0;- >
"Fit Via Vi"




30 May 2004 14:49:26
chuck
Re: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.

>Subject: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.
>From: [email protected] (Darren G)
>Date: 5/30/04 1:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time
>Message-id: <[email protected]>

>3. We don't really give a shit about Snuff's war record or lack
>thereof; a sea story's a sea story, and they're funnier when a
>civilian/cockroach swallows them. For the record, I spent some time as
>an infantryman in the early-mid eighties and I'm fond of Snuff'
>because he reminds me of a couple of old W.Os who were Korea,

1. Who is "WE" Darren. Who's Infantry were you in? US Army Marines?
What you and others don't seem to realize or just don't care about, the latter
is a moral problem if that is the case, is when you say that you are something
and you're not, that's fraud, not a sea story. When you base your military
experience on fabrications and sell yourself to the public as a war hero and
you're not, you deserve to be shamed in public. By doing so, that person
demeans the service of others, others who gave their all, others who lost
limbs, suffering terrible disfigurement, both physical and mental, those people
are the silent majority, the silent majority, who by their sacrifices for the
United States of America have made it possible for those who have not, to
continue enjoying the guarantees as set forth in the Bill of Rights. Those
people are the heros. Your hero is a person who claimes to have served in the
US Navy's Under Water Demolition teams. The data base for those Teams dose not
reflect his contention. He states that he was Airborne qualified, he was not.
He states that he was a combatant. He was never assigned to WESPAC ground
combat operations. Jimmy Smith is a fraud. People like Jimmy scream the
loudist, because they have the most to hide. He speaks of men of honor, yet he
has no honor, no conscience and no self esteem, he aggrandizes himself so he
can feel better about himself. He belittles others, because this makes him feel
better about his miserable self.
So Darren, if you still don't give a shit, you were not in the American
Infantry, because those who have or are serving, serve with pride.

Darren's hero wrote:
Yeah only one hitch underachievers like Chuck and Jimbo care about shit like
that.
Chuck never rose above E3 & was too clumsy to join the F.R., he plays G.I. joe
with war surplus gear to this day because of it, trying to relieve it as Sgt
Striker. USMC, Chucks was a puss then, he's a middle aged drunken puss now &
Jimbo?

Your hero is uninformed as usual, and if anyone thinks that I am a puss, well
it's a free country and they can think what ever they please.




30 May 2004 12:29:59
bigjim
Re: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.

<Well, BigJim, I guess I probably fall into your "basher of Snuffy
bashers" category. I could go on for a long time setting out the
differences, but I won't. I can't and don't pretend to speak for the
majority, but, as I see it, the main differences are: >

Okay Darren, I have decided to forgo bashing Snuffy for two reasons:

1. It is futile
2. I have detected a flicker of life around here that I think would continue
if people didn't have to wade through the Snuffy bash

Snuff is what he is, and he isn't going to change or go anywhere. But some
of the Snuffy bash is under the control of reasonable people who have an
interest in seeing this group come back, time will tell. However, as far as
I am concerned, Snuffy and his bashers are perfectly welcome to do there
thing around here, if they choose to continue.

Now for the bashers of the bashers. People who are put off by the bashers
are , I'm sure, put off by the bashers of the bashers, for the same
reasons, because it is the same thing.

A beautiful day here in South Fl., I stayed home from the DZ today to watch
the Indy 500. Now I'm watching it rain in Indianapolis on TV. This is
somehow David's fault and I hold him responsible.




31 May 2004 04:02:09
SkydiverRick
Re: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.

bigjim wrote:

> This is somehow David's fault and I hold him responsible.

Definite moment of clarity.




31 May 2004 05:56:48
Darren G
Re: Stats rec.skydiving (last 7 days) - Final Answer, Regis.

"bigjim" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> <Well, BigJim, I guess I probably fall into your "basher of Snuffy
> bashers" category. I could go on for a long time setting out the
> differences, but I won't. I can't and don't pretend to speak for the
> majority, but, as I see it, the main differences are:>
>
> Okay Darren, I have decided to forgo bashing Snuffy for two reasons:
>
> 1. It is futile
> 2. I have detected a flicker of life around here that I think would continue
> if people didn't have to wade through the Snuffy bash
>
> Snuff is what he is, and he isn't going to change or go anywhere. But some
> of the Snuffy bash is under the control of reasonable people who have an
> interest in seeing this group come back, time will tell. However, as far as
> I am concerned, Snuffy and his bashers are perfectly welcome to do there
> thing around here, if they choose to continue.
>
> Now for the bashers of the bashers. People who are put off by the bashers
> are , I'm sure, put off by the bashers of the bashers, for the same
> reasons, because it is the same thing.
>
> A beautiful day here in South Fl., I stayed home from the DZ today to watch
> the Indy 500. Now I'm watching it rain in Indianapolis on TV. This is
> somehow David's fault and I hold him responsible.

Sorry BigJim, for some reason I can't reply to Chuck's post to me, so
Im gonna have to crash your post. Good post, by the way. I personally
have found that most things are David's fault, and I think, deep down,
he knows that too :)

Chuck,

I'm Australian, I thought you knew that. Snuff's not my hero. Not by a
long shot. He's just a funny old guy who will wrap you up for ever if
you let him. You can call him on what he says if you want, but it's
really pissing into a gale IMO. If you didn't give him a stage and an
opportunity though, maybe he wouldn't keep repeating the things that
piss you off.

I'm gonna stop posting on this subject now, because BigJim's post
makes a good point. You do whatever you want to do, but if you keep up
the jousting with Snuff', give an occasional thought to all the
lurkers sighing with the frustration of it all.

Blues

Darren G