18 Sep 2004 06:44:58
Bill Mc
how to remove stomp pad

Hello,
I want to relocate the stomp pad. It is a hard spiked plastic w/peel
ply adhesive backed. Heat gun ok? Laquer thinner ok?
Thanks

18 Sep 2004 10:35:03
Sean Martin
Re: how to remove stomp pad

Your best bet is probably a bit of goo gone. It won't damage the board. If
you over heat the board, you could cause delamination. Many topsheets will
not do well with harsh chemicals such as laquer thinner. Goo gone
(citrisol) is prett much guaranteed to loosen up the adhesive and won't have
the board.

--
Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

"Bill Mc" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hello,
> I want to relocate the stomp pad. It is a hard spiked plastic w/peel
> ply adhesive backed. Heat gun ok? Laquer thinner ok?
> Thanks

19 Sep 2004 06:33:32
Chet Hayes
Re: how to remove stomp pad

"Sean Martin" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Your best bet is probably a bit of goo gone. It won't damage the board. If
> you over heat the board, you could cause delamination. Many topsheets will
> not do well with harsh chemicals such as laquer thinner. Goo gone
> (citrisol) is prett much guaranteed to loosen up the adhesive and won't have
> the board.
>
> --
> Sean Martin
> Donek Snowboards Inc.
> [email protected]
> http://www.donek.com/
> phone:877-53-DONEK
> 303-261-0100
> 303-913-4263
> It has come to our attention that our number sometimes comes up as
> disconnected. We are currently working with the phone company on this
> issue. If this happens to you, please try the other numbers provided.
>
> "Bill Mc" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Hello,
> > I want to relocate the stomp pad. It is a hard spiked plastic w/peel
> > ply adhesive backed. Heat gun ok? Laquer thinner ok?
> > Thanks

And how do you get the goo gone through the quarter inch thick pad to
the adhesive? Sounds like that's a good idea to remove the adhesive
after removing the pad by using heat. I'd be careful not to overheat
it, only low setting of a heat gun or even better, use a hair dryer.

19 Sep 2004 11:00:09
Sean Martin
Re: how to remove stomp pad

> And how do you get the goo gone through the quarter inch thick pad to
> the adhesive? Sounds like that's a good idea to remove the adhesive
> after removing the pad by using heat. I'd be careful not to overheat
> it, only low setting of a heat gun or even better, use a hair dryer.

I'd apply it near the edge and let it sit for a few minutes. Then begin
peeling in that area, applying more goo gone under the pad as it begins to
lift. It may take several attempts only making 1/4 to 1/2 in of progress
with each one.
--
Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.

19 Sep 2004 19:04:22
Bill Mc
Re: how to remove stomp pad

"Sean Martin" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

> I'd apply it near the edge and let it sit for a few minutes. Then begin
> peeling in that area, applying more goo gone under the pad as it begins to
> lift. It may take several attempts only making 1/4 to 1/2 in of progress
> with each one.

Go Sean Go Donek,
I got a 3in. wide cheap plastic putty knfe at Ace hardware. The
citrasolve started working right away for about 1/2in., then i just
added more while at the same time prying up. Got it 1st attempt, no
mess.
Many, many thanks
Bill Mc