21 Sep 2004 15:37:44
Biff
Recommendations for Women's Board ?

My wife currently rides an Ivy 143, it's been her board for about
5 years, and is looking to get a new board.

We went to the local shop and the Ivy is still being made and looks
like the best bet, but she is still open to other ideas.

Her style is freeriding, fairly good speed.

We also looked at a Santa Cruz and a Burton deck, but the Ivy flex
seemed better.

Any other recommendations?

Thanks!

21 Sep 2004 22:54:56
Mike T
Re: Recommendations for Women's Board ?

> Her style is freeriding, fairly good speed.

Perhaps the Donek Incline 145 or 150?

My wife rides the 150, she's about 125 pounds and while she rides with a lot
of finesse, it's a powerful finesse. she loves the board... she demoed a
Salomon and likes her Donek a lot better, and has a Burton Feelgood 155 but
only takes it out in deep powder.

As has been stated ad nauseum, the Doneks like carving much more than
skidding, and are generally stiff (although the smaller sizes are not *that*
stiff, comparable to the women's Salomons)

Mike T

21 Sep 2004 21:14:35
Arvin Chang

[email protected] (Biff) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> My wife currently rides an Ivy 143, it's been her board for about
> 5 years, and is looking to get a new board.
>
> We went to the local shop and the Ivy is still being made and looks
> like the best bet, but she is still open to other ideas.
>
> Her style is freeriding, fairly good speed.
> Thanks!

If you like the Ivy and can find one on sale, I say stick with it! I
really like Salomon boards. Donek boards are really nice too, and are
a great choice if you want to "test" the waters with another brand
that kind of similar in feel... If you don't mind waiting until the
season starts, just demo a Donek for free (www.donek.com - you do pay
to ship it back to them) and try it out, if you don't like it, I'm
sure you can find a last year model Ivy for like 50% off still and
take that.

--Arvin

22 Sep 2004 06:47:17
og
Re: Recommendations for Women's Board ?

[email protected] (Biff) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> My wife currently rides an Ivy 143, it's been her board for about
> 5 years, and is looking to get a new board.
>
> We went to the local shop and the Ivy is still being made and looks
> like the best bet, but she is still open to other ideas.
>
> Her style is freeriding, fairly good speed.
>
> We also looked at a Santa Cruz and a Burton deck, but the Ivy flex
> seemed better.
>
> Any other recommendations?
>
> Thanks!

Santa Cruz uses Volkl wood cores. The best! Can't go wrong there..

http://www.scskate.com/snow/boards/snowboards.php?Name=Cuna%20Aartsy%20144

22 Sep 2004 10:53:41
Chris Stringer
Re: Recommendations for Women's Board ?

Hello.

Have you considered any boards from Ride? The Ride Solace is a good
middle of the road women's board and the Ride Vista is a great high
end women's board that could be right up her alley. Take a look at
this link:
http://rdcshop.com/?cat_id=3226

Let me know if you have any questions. You can email or call us toll
free at 1.877.BEND.SKI.

Shipping would be free in the US.

Chris Stringer
RDCShop.com Online Board Shop
Bend Ski and Board Sport
1009 NW Galveston
Bend, OR 97701
Email: [email protected]
Web: http://www.rdcshop.com
Fax: 541.312.1159
Local Phone: 541.389.4667
Toll Free Phone: 1.877.BEND.SKI

**Offering FREE shipping on orders over $175 within the US**

22 Sep 2004 19:36:38
Christopher Cox
Re: Recommendations for Women's Board ?

Rossignol Diva