02 Mar 2004 12:42:42
saLe
Heliboarding?

hi there! ... my name is saL from croatia, and I'm new here... I want to ask
you one thing:

anyone knows if there is some ski resort in austira/slovenia/italy that
offers you heliboarding with guide or something similar?

thanx a bunch!

saL

02 Mar 2004 14:50:19
David Yasli
Re: Heliboarding?

sorry, the only heli-boarding offer i know of is in canada.

saLe wrote:

> hi there! ... my name is saL from croatia, and I'm new here... I want to ask
> you one thing:
>
> anyone knows if there is some ski resort in austira/slovenia/italy that
> offers you heliboarding with guide or something similar?
>
> thanx a bunch!
>
> saL

02 Mar 2004 23:03:08
saLe
Re: Heliboarding?

"David Yasli" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> sorry, the only heli-boarding offer i know of is in canada.

ever tried it? ... how experienced you have to be for it? .. how much does
it cost?

thanx,
saL

02 Mar 2004 23:35:55
Johannes
Re: Heliboarding?

HI

On Tue, 2 Mar 2004 12:42:42 +0100, "saLe"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>hi there! ... my name is saL from croatia, and I'm new here... I want to ask
>you one thing:
>
>anyone knows if there is some ski resort in austira/slovenia/italy that
>offers you heliboarding with guide or something similar?

I know only you can.
At Austria at Voralberg, at Italy Aosta Valley.
You can also Heliboarding at Switzerland.
But i got only links for Switzerland:
http://www.frema.ch/heliboarding/
http://www.heliservice.ch/events.html

Johannes

02 Mar 2004 23:41:19
Johannes
Re: Heliboarding?

Hi

On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:50:19 +0100, David Yasli <[email protected] >
wrote:

>sorry, the only heli-boarding offer i know of is in canada.

Out of Date?
Read This: http://www.pistehors.com/articles/heli_skiing.htm

>saLe wrote:
>
>> hi there! ... my name is saL from croatia, and I'm new here... I want to ask
>> you one thing:
>>
>> anyone knows if there is some ski resort in austira/slovenia/italy that

Johannes

03 Mar 2004 01:43:04
saLe
Re: Heliboarding?

> I know only you can.
> At Austria at Voralberg, at Italy Aosta Valley.
> You can also Heliboarding at Switzerland.

thanx bro, I just found these same links while surfing the net today :)

saL

03 Mar 2004 08:39:16
David Yasli
Re: Heliboarding?

Johannes wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:50:19 +0100, David Yasli <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>sorry, the only heli-boarding offer i know of is in canada.
>

> Out of Date?
> Read This: http://www.pistehors.com/articles/heli_skiing.htm
>

>>saLe wrote:
>>

>>>hi there! ... my name is saL from croatia, and I'm new here... I want to ask
>>>you one thing:
>>>
>>>anyone knows if there is some ski resort in austira/slovenia/italy that
>

> Johannes

didn't say it would be the only place on the world! ;-)
just said, that it is the only place I ever heard of...

but thanks for the link!

david

03 Mar 2004 08:40:04
David Yasli
Re: Heliboarding?

Johannes wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Tue, 02 Mar 2004 14:50:19 +0100, David Yasli <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>

>>sorry, the only heli-boarding offer i know of is in canada.
>

> Out of Date?
> Read This: http://www.pistehors.com/articles/heli_skiing.htm
>

>>saLe wrote:
>>

>>>hi there! ... my name is saL from croatia, and I'm new here... I want to ask
>>>you one thing:
>>>
>>>anyone knows if there is some ski resort in austira/slovenia/italy that
>

> Johannes

didn't say it would be the only place on earth.
just said that it's the only place I know of.

but thanks for the link!

david

03 Mar 2004 05:21:03
Chet Hayes
Re: Heliboarding?

I was going to go for my first time while in Whistler, BC this past
January. However, the weather turned out to be marginal. From
everything I've seen, it looks like it's cool for anyone that is a
strong intermediate or better. And I would make sure you get some
experience on deep powder before going.

My dog sled ride got cancelled because of the weather too. Guess
those dogs have good sense too, ehh?

04 Mar 2004 00:36:01
Bert Root
Re: Heliboarding?

Prior to the stampede David Yasli tryped

> sorry, the only heli-boarding offer i know of is in canada.

Been here recently and one of the guys did two days of separate runs. One
was eight runs on a glacier and the other five runs but not on the glacier.
In BC Canada.

http://www.panoramaresort.com/winter/heli_skiing/index.html