25 Feb 2006 20:34:33
Hachikoo
Fixation types

Hi,

Some years ago, I started snowboard with a kind of boots directly clip
on the board. Today, I'm looking for similar fixations in sport shops and
on the web, but when crawling website like
Salomon/Sims/Nitro/Flow/Rossignol ones, I only found standard bindings.

Any idea of what I'm talking about (exact name), and places where I can
found such equipment ?

Olivier

25 Feb 2006 16:06:46
LeeD
Re: Fixation types

If you're talking 1995, then K2 Clicker or Switch.

26 Feb 2006 13:43:03
Hachikoo
Re: Fixation types

Le Sat, 25 Feb 2006 16:06:46 -0800, LeeD a écrit :

> If you're talking 1995, then K2 Clicker or Switch.

It was like Switch. Thank for answer.
K2 does not produce Clicker or similar bindings anymore, and Switch are
not represented in brands. Are step-in bindings in the end of their life ...

26 Feb 2006 13:43:30
Christine
Re: Fixation types

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006 20:34:33 +0100, Hachikoo <[email protected] > wrote:

>Any idea of what I'm talking about (exact name), and places where I can
>found such equipment ?

You're referring to "clickers" or "step-in" bindings in general, I
think? I've noted that these have become less popular in the last few
years. I have Burton Driver boots with SI bindings, but Burton doesn't
make high end boots for SI any more. They do have the Moto boots with
SI: http://www.burton.com/gear/products.asp?productID=63

Major advantage of step-in bindings is that you click in right when
you get out of the chair lift and off you go. Or you take a short rest
while the others in your group are strapping in.
A disadvantage is that most SI systems attach the boot in the middle
of the board. This means that the connection between your boots and
the board, when you make a turn, is less stiff. You have to work
slightly harder in sharp turns on icy trails. For this reason, my next
pair of boots will probably be ordinary strap-ins.

dagdag
Christine
--
no, I don't have a sig line.....

26 Feb 2006 14:41:09
bojan
Re: Fixation types

hardly you will find what are you looking for. first boots and bindings like
that are go in pair because every firm has own way of fixaton. go on
burton.com and search for moto.si model of boots and bindings. these kind of
fixaton isn't good for some thrills on hill so buy some regular gear.
"Hachikoo" <[email protected] > je napisao u poruci interesnoj
grupi:[email protected]
> Hi,
>
> Some years ago, I started snowboard with a kind of boots directly clip
> on the board. Today, I'm looking for similar fixations in sport shops and
> on the web, but when crawling website like
> Salomon/Sims/Nitro/Flow/Rossignol ones, I only found standard bindings.
>
> Any idea of what I'm talking about (exact name), and places where I can
> found such equipment ?
>
> Olivier

26 Feb 2006 12:05:24
Milf
Re: Fixation types

Hachikoo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Some years ago, I started snowboard with a kind of boots directly clip
> on the board. Today, I'm looking for similar fixations in sport shops and
> on the web, but when crawling website like
> Salomon/Sims/Nitro/Flow/Rossignol ones, I only found standard bindings.
>
> Any idea of what I'm talking about (exact name), and places where I can
> found such equipment ?
>
> Olivier

26 Feb 2006 19:50:44
LeeD
Re: Fixation types

Hachikoo, you realize Solomon, Sims, and Rossi had their own versions
of step in bindings, and therefore didn't need to use switch
technology.
Ride bought Clicker tech. Before that, they bought Device tech.
So somebody must make Switch tech step in bindings currently.