18 Oct 2005 09:20:40
og
Donek skis

http://www.donek.com/01_products/skis.htm

I'm not sure what to think of inserts on skis...

Nice looking skis though.

18 Oct 2005 09:26:34
og
Re: Donek skis

Donek prices have really gone up across the board. Are they still
worth it?

18 Oct 2005 11:40:21
Neil Gendzwill
Re: Donek skis

og wrote:
> Donek prices have really gone up across the board. Are they still
> worth it?

Pretty much directly competitive with Prior now for the Alpine stuff -
600 for an Axis vs 607 for a 4WD. But seeing as those prices are very
close to stock alpine board prices from F2 (575) and Volkl (600), I'd
say they're worth it.

The Incline/Wide/Sasquatch is still a hell of a bargain at $400.

Neil

18 Oct 2005 15:22:11
Sean Martin
Re: Donek skis

About 60% of the telemark bindings fit the same pattern these days. As
telemark skiers tend to mount in a variety of locations (cord center, boot
center, and anywhere in between) an inserted ski allows them to experimant
without drilling additional holes in the ski. Every time you mount a pair
of bindings to a conventional ski you damage it. With inserts you eliminate
the damage, enable binding position experimentation and the use of the same
bindings on multiple pairs of skis. The ski industry doesn't want to see
this because it will kill their binding sales, but the customer should be
demanding it. So far Line is the only company making a binding intended to
fit on an inserted ski. Our alpine skis will come with this hole pattern as
well as a conventional mounting plate allowing the old drill and sheet metal
screw approach. Hopefully this clears up the reasoning behind inserts in
skis.

--
Sean Martin
Donek Snowboards Inc.