28 Sep 2006 07:22:56
Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

Hi,

Could anyone recommend a resort in Europe that's good for snowboarding
please.

I guess the attributes I am after are: wide slopes; good chance of
quality snow; at least one boarding pak; decent nightlife etc. I am
going in Feb 07.

I have been to Meribel (Trois vallees) which was great, however I hear
that Tignes, Les Arcs, Chamonix etc are also good, so can anyone
recommend somewhere else? I am happy to go to any country in Europe.

Thanks in advance.

Tom

29 Sep 2006 11:06:43
wanguard
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

check the http://www.worldsnowboardguide.com/

Laax is supercool place. Snowboard heaven.

d'amir

--

<[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Hi,
>
> Could anyone recommend a resort in Europe that's good for snowboarding
> please.
>
> I guess the attributes I am after are: wide slopes; good chance of
> quality snow; at least one boarding pak; decent nightlife etc. I am
> going in Feb 07.
>
> I have been to Meribel (Trois vallees) which was great, however I hear
> that Tignes, Les Arcs, Chamonix etc are also good, so can anyone
> recommend somewhere else? I am happy to go to any country in Europe.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Tom

29 Sep 2006 12:09:22
Switters
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:06:43 GMT, "wanguard" <[email protected] >
allegedly wrote:

> check the http://www.worldsnowboardguide.com/
>
> Laax is supercool place. Snowboard heaven.

Not enough powder, main lifts can get very busy, limited nightlife,
although it can be good at Murschetg (sp?).

To the OP... ValD and Tignes are good, so is Les Arcs (more so 1800 for
the night life). Chamonix can be good, but you can get stuck when the bus
service stops running.

There's also Austria which is the party capital of Europe, outside of
Meribel perhaps.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/- Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/

29 Sep 2006 19:09:43
Leon
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

Ischgl
Laax

but NOT St. Anton

January in Ischgl you may get lots of fresh snow.

30 Sep 2006 17:18:50
Johannes
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:09:43 +0300, "Leon"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>but NOT St. Anton

Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?

Johannes

02 Oct 2006 11:11:29
Switters
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 15:18:50 GMT, Johannes
<[email protected] > allegedly wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:09:43 +0300, "Leon"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>but NOT St. Anton
>
> Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?

It's his favourite place, and he doesn't want everyone going there. :)

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/- Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/

03 Oct 2006 08:11:07
Leon
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

"Johannes" <[email protected] >
news:[email protected]
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:09:43 +0300, "Leon"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>but NOT St. Anton
>
> Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?
>
> Johannes

It's skier's paradise but not for snowboarding. Most is steep and narrow.
It's crowded too, when there is room for carving there are too many skiers.

03 Oct 2006 08:00:15
cupra

Leon wrote:
> "Johannes" <[email protected]>
> news:[email protected]
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:09:43 +0300, "Leon"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>> but NOT St. Anton
>>
>> Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?
>>
>> Johannes
>
> It's skier's paradise but not for snowboarding. Most is steep and
> narrow. It's crowded too, when there is room for carving there are
> too many skiers.

Sounds like you stay on the pistes too much then......

04 Oct 2006 11:06:55
Switters
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

On Tue, 03 Oct 2006 05:11:07 GMT, "Leon" <[email protected] >
allegedly wrote:

> "Johannes" <[email protected]>
> news:[email protected]
>> On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 19:09:43 +0300, "Leon"
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>but NOT St. Anton
>>
>> Why? Can you tell me what is wrong there?
>>
>> Johannes
>
> It's skier's paradise but not for snowboarding. Most is steep and
> narrow. It's crowded too, when there is room for carving there are too
> many skiers.

The only downside to St Anton are some of the uphill sections,
particularly if they close some of the usual routes due to avalanche
danger. The steep and narrow is fun, there's oodles of off-piste, and
there aren't that many beginners.

I liked the place.

- Dave.

http://www.vpas.org/- Snowboarding the worlds pow pow.
Donek Sasquatch 162, Prior Pow 181, Burton Canyon 162

The Snowboard FAQ lives here - http://www.vpas.fsnet.co.uk/rssFAQ/

11 Oct 2006 12:19:30
Re: Can someone please recommend a European resort for snowboarding (snow boarding, holiday)

Thanks for all your advice, much appreciated.