09 Jul 2006 08:03:21
Oz en Oisans

I was wondering if anyone has stayed here before. If so opinions of the
resort would be appreciated. Is it possible to ski back to it? If so
could the runs home be negotiated by a slightly nervous skier? Thanks
in advance.

11 Jul 2006 09:26:01
Ace
Re: Oz en Oisans

On 9 Jul 2006 08:03:21 -0700, [email protected] wrote:

>I was wondering if anyone has stayed here before. If so opinions of the
>resort would be appreciated.

Several members who skied with me while I was repping in Alpe d'Huez
last season were staying/owned apartments in Oz. They all rated it
quite highly, although it's apparently a little limited for nightlife.

There are two separate cablecars out of the village, one dropping you
above Vaujany and linking up with the Alpette lift and the other
linking with a further lift to drop you right into l'Alpe d'Huez.

>Is it possible to ski back to it?

Yes. Although at just 1350m there will be times when snow cover is not
sufficient, but the two cablecars mentioned above will give you and
easy ride home.

>If so could the runs home be negotiated by a slightly nervous skier?

Yes. Nice wide runs, reds and blues. Nothing tricky at all, although I
suppose it depends on what you mean by "slightly nervous" ;-)

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)