Waxing "waxless" skis?
I'm a Nordic newbie, and recently purchased a pair of Madshus Tyin waxless skis. Now I read that waxless skis really aren't, and they can, and should be waxed? Is this true? ...

WTB: used SNS profil bindings
Hi - looking to keep some old boots going and I need some inexpensive sns profil bindings. Let me know. BTW, I'm also looking for some used high performance skate skis and boots 170 lb s...

was: Italians at Birkie
I was only less than one second off in my prediction. Stanislav Rezac came in second behind Giantonio Zanatel. Everyone thought that it was all Italians in the lead group, but Stanilav staye...

Jay T's Big Birkie Saturday 2-21-04 THANK YOU ZACH!!!
What a great American Birkebeiner race on Saturday, February 21st. The Hayward, Seely and Cable area got anywhere from 4 to 12 inches of fresh snow on Thursday and Friday. By race day yester...

NY Tug Hill Ski Lodge for sale
Ths isn't to help any real estate agency, but thought you might like to know that the Winona Ski Lodge is for sale. This is right at the start of the 50K Tug Hill Tourathon X-C Ski Race; it...

American Birkie start --- this looks nuts
http://www.skinnyski.com/racing/results/2003-2004/movies/birkie-s1.mpg JT

Ski looking for mate
During the Canadian Ski Marathon one of my husband's skis met an untimely demise in a collision with a log lurking under the snow. It occurs to me that other skiers must find themselves with...

Re: What is a fool proof glide wax for 32 degree sticky snow?
What sort of structure do you have on those? Any with a wet snow structure? Erik Brooks, Seattle, where it's usually 32 degrees, and my skis always glide well. ----- O...

New Hampshire Ski Purchase Question:
Since the end of the season is approaching, I am thinking of combining the next skiing trip to New Hampshire with the purchase of the XC skiing gears. Do NH ski stores offer end of season sa...

What is a fool proof glide wax for 32 degree sticky snow?
Had really slow skate skiis again in 32 degree weather. It happens so consistently I'm starting to think it is a karma thing. My skiis were significantly slower on all the downhills compared...

Nobi ski wax
Any one tried Nobi ski wax. They sell on ebay and at www.nobiwax.com. Any opinions appreciated. Thank you, Rob

WOJB Birkie webcast
Well, I caught the start ... but now I can't even get connected. Must be too many people trying. jw milwaukee

Re: Stupid stuff people have said to me
The most unanswerable was "can you ski properly on those?" Again, said on the middle of a downhill piste. I thought the traditional retort to "why are your skis so skinny?" was "they've...

Re: Stupid stuff people have said to me
From: "32 degrees" <[email protected]> asks > How many stupid comments have you heard while skiing, rollerskiing, working > out in general? I don...

Stupid stuff people have said to me
How many stupid comments have you heard while skiing, rollerskiing, working out in general? I've got a few good ones... 1. "Do you need a ride?" ( while running and rollers...

Nordic
Has anyone had any experience using a sauna as a heat box? Any thoughts on why it might work or not work? Ski Exuberantly, Hank Mammoth Lakes, Calif. ...

Re: World Cup Biathlon in Lake Placid
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Mitch Collinsworth wrote: > A few questions, if you have time to respond, Bob, or anyone else who > can answer: > > 1. Lodging: I'm thi...

indoor exercise for balance, arms and legs
The only exercise that combines all three is riding bicycle rollers (no hands) with dumbbells (in both hands)imitating skating motion. I haven't tried striding - it is hard ...

Re: World Cup Biathlon in Lake Placid
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Bob Maswick wrote: > Greetings All! - > > On Februray 27, 28 & 29 Mount Van Hoevenberg is hosting a stop on the > World Cup Biathlon ci...

make the hill less steep
It just hit me that there's a way to make a hill less steep -- when skating up it. The more I aim out sideways in each stroke, the less steep my actual zig-zag path up the hill. Classic he...

Negative splits?
Ken Roberts" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected].. >> > The slower I start, the more peop...

World Cup Biathlon in Lake Placid
Greetings All! - On Februray 27, 28 & 29 Mount Van Hoevenberg is hosting a stop on the World Cup Biathlon circuit. In an effort to encourage attendance, we are giving away free ...

Re: Skating and bonking
Ok boys ... time to take a deep breath ... relax. Maybe go for a nice long ski. Brian In article <[email protected]>, John Forrest Tomli...

Mpeg Races: Biathlon Oberhof
This all that i have on the World champ. One bonus is http://avari181.mt.luth.se/Biathlon/Tut.avi World Biathlon World Champ 2004 XC-Biathlon in Oberhof ~450kbit VBR quality in Di...

Re: Keski 25k Classic. View from the back.
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Pete Hickey wrote: > The insanity of getting up to get on a bus at something like 4:30 AM. Getting up? That's barely enough time to finish waxing! ...

Live radio broadcast from the Birkie !
Don't forget that WOJB does a live radio broadcast from the Birkie every year and they also webcast it with Real Audio. Check out their webpage here: http://www.wojb.org/ I'...

BF is Communicable
I am just totally psyched for the Birkie, and I'm not doing it. I guess it's empathy. Maybe an obsession. Mass participation marathon ski racing is good on so many levels. Have a blast ...

Re: Skating and bonking
On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Rob Bradlee wrote: > > 3. Might want to leave the wrapper on until you're ready > > to eat it. > > My friend hung one on a str...

what percentile? race results
What percentile does my 50K marathon finish time put me in? I mean percentile in the general population. Onno Oerlemans recently offered an important goal: > I like feeling ...

Re: Skating and bonking
> > 3. Might want to leave the wrapper on until you're ready > to eat it. My friend hung one on a string unwrapped, and under his clothes against his chest...

Page: 0  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10

2020
JanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSep
2019