29 Aug 2007 12:55:33
SkiFit
One winter race

The board seems slow at the moment so, in an effort to push the MI5
posts down I offer this for discussion:

I will likely have time to compete in only one big event this winter.
I will likely compete at a distance of 30k (freestyle) or less, as
this is where I have the best chance of being competitive, but
depending on training time I may consider a longer loppet. Below is a
list of race I'm considering, I would welcome votes for or against or
alternative suggestions.

Keskinada: Been there done that, but love the atmosphere of the big
race and going back to Gatineau Park alway feels like going home.

Lake Placid Ski Marathon: Love Lake Placid in the summer. Would be
fun to visit in the winter. Bit worried about the hills at Mt. VanHo
and would miss the crowds of the Keski.

Traverse City Vasa(?): Did this year's ago, remember it as the least
hilly loppet course I've ever done. Kind of a long drive from Toronto.

29 Aug 2007 12:21:01
EdV
Re: One winter race

On Aug 29, 7:55 am, SkiFit <[email protected] > wrote:
> The board seems slow at the moment so, in an effort to push the MI5
> posts down I offer this for discussion:
>
> I will likely have time to compete in only one big event this winter.
> I will likely compete at a distance of 30k (freestyle) or less, as
> this is where I have the best chance of being competitive, but
> depending on training time I may consider a longer loppet. Below is a
> list of race I'm considering, I would welcome votes for or against or
> alternative suggestions.
>
> Keskinada: Been there done that, but love the atmosphere of the big
> race and going back to Gatineau Park alway feels like going home.
>
> Lake Placid Ski Marathon: Love Lake Placid in the summer. Would be
> fun to visit in the winter. Bit worried about the hills at Mt. VanHo
> and would miss the crowds of the Keski.
>
> Traverse City Vasa(?): Did this year's ago, remember it as the least
> hilly loppet course I've ever done. Kind of a long drive from Toronto.

Go to Traverse City. Take the Train to Windsor and rent a car in
Detroit instead of driving the whole way. Traverse City has very good
food from what my friends who visit ther tell me.

Ed V.

30 Aug 2007 04:33:02
Scott Elliot
Re: One winter race

You are welcome to come to Kelowna for the Apple Loppet on January 13, 2008.

It is 30 km continuous pursuit so you get to ski 15 km of both free and
classic technique. If you only get to do one race you might as well get
both techniques in the same race.

Scott

"SkiFit" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> The board seems slow at the moment so, in an effort to push the MI5
> posts down I offer this for discussion:
>
> I will likely have time to compete in only one big event this winter.
> I will likely compete at a distance of 30k (freestyle) or less, as
> this is where I have the best chance of being competitive, but
> depending on training time I may consider a longer loppet. Below is a
> list of race I'm considering, I would welcome votes for or against or
> alternative suggestions.
>
> Keskinada: Been there done that, but love the atmosphere of the big
> race and going back to Gatineau Park alway feels like going home.
>
> Lake Placid Ski Marathon: Love Lake Placid in the summer. Would be
> fun to visit in the winter. Bit worried about the hills at Mt. VanHo
> and would miss the crowds of the Keski.
>
> Traverse City Vasa(?): Did this year's ago, remember it as the least
> hilly loppet course I've ever done. Kind of a long drive from Toronto.

30 Aug 2007 13:11:16
cosmicharlie
Re: One winter race

On Aug 30, 12:33 am, "Scott Elliot" <[email protected] > wrote:
> You are welcome to come to Kelowna for the Apple Loppet on January 13, 2008.
>
> It is 30 km continuous pursuit so you get to ski 15 km of both free and
> classic technique. If you only get to do one race you might as well get
> both techniques in the same race.
>
> Scott
>
> "SkiFit" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]
>
> > The board seems slow at the moment so, in an effort to push the MI5
> > posts down I offer this for discussion:
>
> > I will likely have time to compete in only one big event this winter.
> > I will likely compete at a distance of 30k (freestyle) or less, as
> > this is where I have the best chance of being competitive, but
> > depending on training time I may consider a longer loppet. Below is a
> > list of race I'm considering, I would welcome votes for or against or
> > alternative suggestions.
>
> > Keskinada: Been there done that, but love the atmosphere of the big
> > race and going back to Gatineau Park alway feels like going home.
>
> > Lake Placid Ski Marathon: Love Lake Placid in the summer. Would be
> > fun to visit in the winter. Bit worried about the hills at Mt. VanHo
> > and would miss the crowds of the Keski.
>
> > Traverse City Vasa(?): Did this year's ago, remember it as the least
> > hilly loppet course I've ever done. Kind of a long drive from Toronto.

test

30 Aug 2007 22:15:57
Re: One winter race

On Aug 30, 9:11 am, cosmicharlie <[email protected] > wrote:

> test

What are you testing?

Or are you informing readers that you're testy?