18 Jul 2005 06:07:07
Jenex 100SR - 400km. report

Just this weekend I put four new tires on my 100SRs. The old ones,
three of them anyway, went 400K. There is a bit of cord showing on the
center of one of the tires and so, though they are still usable, new
ones went on.
I had "lost" a tire at 240k - the sidewall failed; Jenex replaced that
immediately. The good news, I guess, about that was that the tire still
worked; though for how much longer I can't say. The impression I got,
talking to Jenex, is that they had received two types of tire
("tube-type" and "tubeless") and that one of those ("tube-type") was
prone to premature wear. Some of you may know more about that than I.
FYI - if you have a couple of 1/2" wrenches, you can make a tire
changing tool for the 100SRs from a 3" hex bolt&nut and some washers
for about 55 cents. If interested, LMK and I'll make another post about
dimensions.
Pete

18 Jul 2005 06:48:06
Re: Jenex 100SR - 400km. report

rollerski consumers out there: regardless if pete's results are
typical, are you willing to rollerski only 10-15 times (@ 40km-26.6km
per session) before having to replace a set of 4 wheels? i wanted my
wheels to last an entire may-october full-time training season, and the
above numbers only would have lasted around one to one and a half
months.

just curious,
-phil at gear west

21 Jul 2005 10:08:23
delltodd
Re: Jenex 100SR - 400km. report

No. Unacceptable. Friends on Marwe's r-ski plenty, and get 3, 4 years
on a set.