21 Sep 2004 17:30:48
james
Need some gear advise, intermediate-advanced....

First off, my specs. Im 5'10'' 190 lbs and have been skiing for about
17 years. I spend the majority of my days in the bumps, looking for
nce tree runs and rocks and jumps to hit. I spend the majority of my
time skiing vermont and NY but have been west to steamboat, aspen, and
the like a few times. I have been skiing dalbellos from about 97
wanting to update but not having the money and also not realizing the
difference good boots make. I still dont have money(thats where ebay
comes in) but april I was in Italy and had to rent for the first time
in many years. I skiied Dalbello mx super and 170 solomon scream
pilots. Ive never felt so balanced and in control and relized what i
had been missing. It was awesome, i realized at that moment I needed
to update. My questions: I cant find these boots or skis on ebay,
and am looking for any comperable gear suggestions? Im out of the
loop on this stuff as I havent been looking for years. Also, being
the type of skiier I discribed, what "type" of gear should I be
looking for?(allmountain,freeride,freestyle,etc)
I appreciate your help and with the killington pass I bought this
year(couldnt resist) I'll be out a ton this year. Thanks again.

James

22 Sep 2004 01:17:59
AxemanNJ
Re: Need some gear advise, intermediate-advanced....

Great deal on that pass isn't it? I was a ski bum at the K and would never
recommend buying boots on ebay. Spend the money on a boot to call your own and
have somebody at a mountain shop fit it for you with orthotics and whatever
else you need. Boots can last and be refitted for years. Skis get dead much
quicker. Then, get out and do a demo program to see what skis you like. I
liked the K2 Axis series better than the Screams and I was a Salomon skier for
YEARS. Surprised me. Bought the XP for a couple of reasons, mainly though, it
was wide enough under the boot to suck up Eastern speed chatter but still turns
in the bumps like a champ and floats powder well in the trees. Don't get it
longer than above your nose. At the end of the year, you can get some 50% off,
brand new gear (if available) from the shop that you demoed at and they will
put the cost of the demo towards the purchase. Still costs a fortune but you
will have the right stuff for you and it will make a HUGE difference. If you
must get ebay boots, make SURE you go to a bootfitter. Boot slop is tragic.
See you at the K! Oh yeah, there are some good early season deals on last
years gear at most shops up there if you're in the area...

21 Sep 2004 22:13:10
Juan KoolDude
Re: Need some gear advise, intermediate-advanced....

Try Aspen East in Killington. They presently have last years K2 Axis
XTs for something like $349, same price I paid for my K pass :) I got
the K2 Axis XTs, these skis are great. Went from being an
intermediate-advanced skier to stricktly doing all the diamonds and
double diamonds at Killington in no time. I couldn't believe what a
difference skis can make. I had also tried the Screams as well as a
pair of Volkas that sounded good, they didn't compare to the K2s

On 22 Sep 2004 01:17:59 GMT, [email protected] (AxemanNJ) wrote:

>Great deal on that pass isn't it? I was a ski bum at the K and would never
>recommend buying boots on ebay. Spend the money on a boot to call your own and
>have somebody at a mountain shop fit it for you with orthotics and whatever
>else you need. Boots can last and be refitted for years. Skis get dead much
>quicker. Then, get out and do a demo program to see what skis you like. I
>liked the K2 Axis series better than the Screams and I was a Salomon skier for
>YEARS. Surprised me. Bought the XP for a couple of reasons, mainly though, it
>was wide enough under the boot to suck up Eastern speed chatter but still turns
>in the bumps like a champ and floats powder well in the trees. Don't get it
>longer than above your nose. At the end of the year, you can get some 50% off,
>brand new gear (if available) from the shop that you demoed at and they will
>put the cost of the demo towards the purchase. Still costs a fortune but you
>will have the right stuff for you and it will make a HUGE difference. If you
>must get ebay boots, make SURE you go to a bootfitter. Boot slop is tragic.
>See you at the K! Oh yeah, there are some good early season deals on last
>years gear at most shops up there if you're in the area...

http://www.2skierz.com

21 Sep 2004 23:06:58
Terd Fartingmor

On 21 Sep 2004 17:30:48 -0700, [email protected] (james) wrote this crap:

>First off, my specs. Im 5'10'' 190 lbs

You need a good diet.

[email protected]

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
ultimate power in the universe."

23 Sep 2004 16:51:13
Perdita X. Nitt

Terd Fartingmor<[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 21 Sep 2004 17:30:48 -0700, [email protected] (james) wrote this crap:
>
> >First off, my specs. Im 5'10'' 190 lbs
>

> You need a good diet.
>

> [email protected]
>
> My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the
> ultimate power in the universe."

Oh, that depends. How about a picture of him in a white tank top and orange shorts?