07 Feb 2008 14:05:15
Young Man Winter
Avalance Airbag

http://www.avalanchebackpack.com/

Opinions ?

07 Feb 2008 15:16:14
lal_truckee
Re: Avalance Airbag

Young Man Winter wrote:
> http://www.avalanchebackpack.com/
>
> Opinions ?

Yes, many.

What are you asking?

07 Feb 2008 18:38:08
Walt
Re: Avalance Airbag

lal_truckee wrote:

>> http://www.avalanchebackpack.com/
>>
>> Opinions ?
>
> Yes, many.
>
> What are you asking?

If you tested it, did you live?

If you haven't tested it, do you want to?

//Walt

07 Feb 2008 16:24:25
Mike Treseler
Re: Avalance Airbag

Walt wrote:
> lal_truckee wrote:
>
>>> http://www.avalanchebackpack.com/
>>>
>>> Opinions ?
>>
>> Yes, many.
>>
>> What are you asking?
>
> If you tested it, did you live?

No but the WiFi coverage is great here in the netherworld.

-- Mike Treseler

07 Feb 2008 19:40:53
hr(bob) [email protected]
Re: Avalance Airbag

On Feb 7, 6:24=A0pm, Mike Treseler <[email protected] > wrote:
> Walt wrote:

> >> Yes, many.
>
> >> What are you asking?
>
> > If you tested it, did you live?
>
> =A0 No but the WiFi coverage is great here in the netherworld.
>
> =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0-- Mike Treseler

Seems like a good idea.

08 Feb 2008 11:23:16
DZN
Re: Avalance Airbag

Yes. stay on-piste.

"Young Man Winter" <CrystalCity.net > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> http://www.avalanchebackpack.com/
>
> Opinions ?

08 Feb 2008 09:01:21
VtSkier
Re: Avalance Airbag

DZN wrote:
> Yes. stay on-piste.
>
> "Young Man Winter" <CrystalCity.net> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> http://www.avalanchebackpack.com/
>>
>> Opinions ?

There was an inbounds avalanche yesterday
at Mt. Baker. No news story found yet. My
spies told me. Under chair 5. Buds got there
after the fact and found a probe line going
down the area.

08 Feb 2008 09:11:10
Walt
Re: Avalance Airbag

hr(bob) [email protected] wrote:
> On Feb 7, 6:24 pm, Mike Treseler <[email protected]> wrote:

>> ...the WiFi coverage is great here in the netherworld.

> Seems like a good idea.

Agreed. Wifi is an excellent idea. Not only that, it actually works.

//Walt

08 Feb 2008 17:25:17
lal_truckee
Re: Avalance Airbag

VtSkier wrote:
> DZN wrote:
>> Yes. stay on-piste.

> There was an inbounds avalanche yesterday
> at Mt. Baker. No news story found yet. My
> spies told me. Under chair 5. Buds got there
> after the fact and found a probe line going
> down the area.

My info is a largish sluff coincident with a skier reporting he was
separated from and couldn't find his buddy. Probe line was cautionary.
Buddy turned up elsewhere and no one else reported missing.

08 Feb 2008 12:45:32
VtSkier
Re: Avalance Airbag

lal_truckee wrote:
> VtSkier wrote:
>> DZN wrote:
>>> Yes. stay on-piste.

>> There was an inbounds avalanche yesterday
>> at Mt. Baker. No news story found yet. My
>> spies told me. Under chair 5. Buds got there
>> after the fact and found a probe line going
>> down the area.
>
> My info is a largish sluff coincident with a skier reporting he was
> separated from and couldn't find his buddy. Probe line was cautionary.
> Buddy turned up elsewhere and no one else reported missing.

Heh, Oh, it was that kind of slide.

We even have one of those occasionally
at Killington. The main dif is that it
usually involves man-made.

The scenario is a very steep section of
trail (over 40 degrees), ice or set-up
"frozen granular" and leaving the snow
gun on all night. The next morning all
of the snow you were hoping would cover
the ice is at the bottom of the slope.

Sorta like my standing seam metal roof.
Have yet to see more than 3" on it at
any one time and that's only a 50%
(26 degree) slope.

09 Feb 2008 02:13:56
lal_truckee
Re: Avalance Airbag

VtSkier wrote:

> The scenario is a very steep section of
> trail (over 40 degrees), ice or set-up
> "frozen granular" and leaving the snow
> gun on all night. The next morning all
> of the snow you were hoping would cover
> the ice is at the bottom of the slope.

Should be an snowmaker attendant throughout the night adjusting the
wetness of the mix creating a good bond, followed by adjusting for a
good surface ...

Life is good herebouts, except for late week's miserable above freezing
temps and full sun. I vastly prefer early in the week's 60-80mph howlers
on the ridges, since once you're off the ridge the snow was great; and
faces and fingers thaw eventually. Monday and Tuesday were world class -
season peaks (so far) and no body part turned white and sluffed off.

Sent you an email at the addy I have - did you get it?

08 Feb 2008 21:45:14
VtSkier
Re: Avalance Airbag

lal_truckee wrote:
> VtSkier wrote:
>>
>> The scenario is a very steep section of
>> trail (over 40 degrees), ice or set-up
>> "frozen granular" and leaving the snow
>> gun on all night. The next morning all
>> of the snow you were hoping would cover
>> the ice is at the bottom of the slope.
>
> Should be an snowmaker attendant throughout the night adjusting the
> wetness of the mix creating a good bond, followed by adjusting for a
> good surface ...
>
> Life is good herebouts, except for late week's miserable above freezing
> temps and full sun. I vastly prefer early in the week's 60-80mph howlers
> on the ridges, since once you're off the ridge the snow was great; and
> faces and fingers thaw eventually. Monday and Tuesday were world class -
> season peaks (so far) and no body part turned white and sluffed off.
>
> Sent you an email at the addy I have - did you get it?

Did. Thanks. I just sent you another.

09 Feb 2008 11:00:25
Harry Weiner
Re: Avalance Airbag

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 21:45:14 -0500, VtSkier <[email protected] > wrote
this crap:

>> Sent you an email at the addy I have - did you get it?
>
>Did. Thanks. I just sent you another.

Hey. Let's keep this a straight group.

[email protected]

My T-shirt says, "This shirt is the