22 May 2005 02:02:28
Andrew Chalk
Eating in Los Cabos

I wonder if anyone can recommend any restaurants in Los Cabos?

Specifically, I'm looking for good local food. E.g places locals go or,
probably at a higher price point, places aimed at tourists but emphasizing
local ingredients. I don't want imported styles of cuisine.

Thanks!

21 May 2005 19:55:12
Greg Mossman
Re: Eating in Los Cabos

"Andrew Chalk" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I wonder if anyone can recommend any restaurants in Los Cabos?
>
> Specifically, I'm looking for good local food. E.g places locals go or,
> probably at a higher price point, places aimed at tourists but emphasizing
> local ingredients. I don't want imported styles of cuisine.
>
> Thanks!

I like Damiana in SJC. They serve a "shrimp steak", basically a pound or so
of big shrimp wedged together and skewered and grilled like a steak, and
they use Damiana liqueur in practically everything. Muy romantico.

My favorite is Pitihayas at the Sheraton, but that's Pacific Rim.

23 May 2005 04:15:02
Andrew Chalk
Re: Eating in Los Cabos

Thanks, Your tunrining out to be a mine of useful information on Los Cabos.
It doesn't get many mentions here.

- Andrew
"Greg Mossman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Andrew Chalk" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> >I wonder if anyone can recommend any restaurants in Los Cabos?
> >
> > Specifically, I'm looking for good local food. E.g places locals go or,
> > probably at a higher price point, places aimed at tourists but
emphasizing
> > local ingredients. I don't want imported styles of cuisine.
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> I like Damiana in SJC. They serve a "shrimp steak", basically a pound or
so
> of big shrimp wedged together and skewered and grilled like a steak, and
> they use Damiana liqueur in practically everything. Muy romantico.
>
> My favorite is Pitihayas at the Sheraton, but that's Pacific Rim.

22 May 2005 21:26:39
Greg Mossman
Re: Eating in Los Cabos

"Andrew Chalk" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Thanks, Your tunrining out to be a mine of useful information on Los
> Cabos.
> It doesn't get many mentions here.

That's probably because the diving sucks.