28 Nov 2004 07:04:40
Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)
Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever ????
The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL





28 Nov 2004 18:07:23
Shpalman
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

"Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever
????
> The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL

Likewise in Sydney, someone must've got something overnight ;-) lol





28 Nov 2004 18:20:21
maiet
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???


"Shpalman" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> "Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever
> ????
> > The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL
>
> Likewise in Sydney, someone must've got something overnight ;-) lol

nope, every year the adelaide test gets shown to its scheduled time of
finishing ( 6:30pm ) on the weekend only, in the eastern states. yesterday
though was the first time they have not shown it till 6:30 for a long time,
since the 80's.




28 Nov 2004 18:42:58
Aussie Bomber
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:04:40 GMT, "Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever ????
>The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL
>
Sydney program shows news 6.30


--
The Aussie Bomber
Carn The Dons!!


28 Nov 2004 23:33:49
michael
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???


"Aussie Bomber" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:04:40 GMT, "Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever
>>????
>>The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL
>>
> Sydney program shows news 6.30
>
>
They have the rights and play finishes around 6.30 Sydney/Melbourne time.
Nine gets flak on this whichever way they jump.




28 Nov 2004 13:37:29
ct
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

tis because official ratings finished today, and nein don't mind the cricket
running over on weekends and during weekdays if the match turns out half
interesting

ct

"Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever
> ????
> The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL
>
>
>




28 Nov 2004 17:43:13
tm
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:04:40 GMT, "Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever ????
>The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL

That is only on the weekends.
You will NEVER EVER see them do it on a week night because 9 knows you
do not want to miss 9 news at 6pm and then ray martin at 6:30pm.

Move to Perth where the cricket finishes much earlier than 6pm due to
the time difference and then get annoyed when 9 delays all the one day
matches from M-F by 4 bloody hours yet win24 its live. Never worked
that one out.



29 Nov 2004 11:48:22
dude
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

And in Sydney.

No biggie... it's a weekend... when no 'news' ever happens. Normal routine.

On a WEEKDAY, alternateively, you'll never see this happen... there's just too
much news we just have to hear about.

For 9 to stay with the cricket on a weekday would be (and has very occasionally
been) an exceptional circumstance.

They (9) are somewhat damned if they do, damned if they don't. But I think
you'll notice that this is standard routine for a Sunday test play day from
Adelaide.




29 Nov 2004 12:24:44
Malcolm Taylor
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???


"dude" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
| And in Sydney.
|
| No biggie... it's a weekend... when no 'news' ever happens. Normal
routine.
|
| On a WEEKDAY, alternateively, you'll never see this happen...
there's just too
| much news we just have to hear about.
|
| For 9 to stay with the cricket on a weekday would be (and has very
occasionally
| been) an exceptional circumstance.
|
| They (9) are somewhat damned if they do, damned if they don't. But I
think
| you'll notice that this is standard routine for a Sunday test play
day from
| Adelaide.
|
|

Unfortunately, here in Adelaide, Nine cut to news at the scheduled
time and we didn't get to see the end of play. This is especially
annoying in the host city, since we don't get to see much anyway.




29 Nov 2004 02:00:37
Soixante Une Vieilles Viandes
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

Malcolm Taylor wrote:
>
> "dude" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> | And in Sydney.
> |
> | No biggie... it's a weekend... when no 'news' ever happens. Normal
> routine.
> |
> | On a WEEKDAY, alternateively, you'll never see this happen...
> there's just too
> | much news we just have to hear about.
> |
> | For 9 to stay with the cricket on a weekday would be (and has very
> occasionally
> | been) an exceptional circumstance.
> |
> | They (9) are somewhat damned if they do, damned if they don't. But I
> think
> | you'll notice that this is standard routine for a Sunday test play
> day from
> | Adelaide.
> |
> |
>
> Unfortunately, here in Adelaide, Nine cut to news at the scheduled
> time and we didn't get to see the end of play. This is especially
> annoying in the host city, since we don't get to see much anyway.

Why don't you do what you're supposed to do and go to the game?


29 Nov 2004 16:56:58
michael
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???


> Unfortunately, here in Adelaide, Nine cut to news at the scheduled
> time and we didn't get to see the end of play. This is especially
> annoying in the host city, since we don't get to see much anyway.
>
The sooner Pay TV gets all the cricket all the time the better.




29 Nov 2004 07:11:53
Cricket Passion
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???


"michael" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
>> Unfortunately, here in Adelaide, Nine cut to news at the scheduled
>> time and we didn't get to see the end of play. This is especially
>> annoying in the host city, since we don't get to see much anyway.
>>
> The sooner Pay TV gets all the cricket all the time the better.


Agreed, i would rather pay to watch it all than be robbed all the time.




29 Nov 2004 18:34:15
fred
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

Cricket fucking blows anyway. It's unbelievable that it's that popular as to
have it on prime time.


"Cricket Passion" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "michael" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>
>>> Unfortunately, here in Adelaide, Nine cut to news at the scheduled
>>> time and we didn't get to see the end of play. This is especially
>>> annoying in the host city, since we don't get to see much anyway.
>>>
>> The sooner Pay TV gets all the cricket all the time the better.
>
>
> Agreed, i would rather pay to watch it all than be robbed all the time.
>




29 Nov 2004 11:59:19
dewatf
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:04:40 GMT, "Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever ????
>The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL

The ratings season has ended. The battle between Channel 7 and Channel 9
news is therefore irrelevant so Channel 9 show the cricket.

Shame there was nothing happening, unlike last week when they missed
some great tailending by McGrath and Gillespie.

dewatf.


29 Nov 2004 23:02:45
maiet
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???


"dewatf" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2004 07:04:40 GMT, "Adam SLATER (H0llyw00d H0gan)"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >Are the heads of programming at Channel 9 all sick and running a fever
????
> >The cricket is showing past 6pm in Melbourne, LOL
>
> The ratings season has ended. The battle between Channel 7 and Channel 9
> news is therefore irrelevant so Channel 9 show the cricket.
>
> Shame there was nothing happening, unlike last week when they missed
> some great tailending by McGrath and Gillespie.
>
> dewatf.

no you are all wrong. every year the adelaide test gets shown to eastern
states till 6:30 on the weekend, EVERY year, since as long as i can
remember, back to at least 81/82. regardless. the Saturday of this test was
the frist time they havent shown till 6:30 for a long time. nothing to do
with ratings.




01 Dec 2004 22:12:47
dewatf
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:02:45 +1100, "maiet" <[email protected] > wrote:


>no you are all wrong. every year the adelaide test gets shown to eastern
>states till 6:30 on the weekend, EVERY year, since as long as i can
>remember, back to at least 81/82. regardless. the Saturday of this test was
>the frist time they havent shown till 6:30 for a long time. nothing to do
>with ratings.

And this year Channel 9 went to the news at 6pm in Brisbane when McGrath
and Gillespie were having a right old time setting records.

Channel 9 timetabled the news at 6pm on Friday and Saturday. Yet the
cricket on Sunday.

Channel 9 have given increased priority to the news over the cricket
this month. And if it isn't because they have been involved in a ratings
battle with Channel 7's news and Today Tonight they why did they do it?

All you have said is that Channel 9 always show the cricket on the
weekend till 6.30pm. Which is both false and irrelevant.

dewatf.


02 Dec 2004 09:28:12
maiet
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???


"dewatf" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 23:02:45 +1100, "maiet" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
> >no you are all wrong. every year the adelaide test gets shown to eastern
> >states till 6:30 on the weekend, EVERY year, since as long as i can
> >remember, back to at least 81/82. regardless. the Saturday of this test
was
> >the frist time they havent shown till 6:30 for a long time. nothing to do
> >with ratings.
>
> And this year Channel 9 went to the news at 6pm in Brisbane when McGrath
> and Gillespie were having a right old time setting records.
>
> Channel 9 timetabled the news at 6pm on Friday and Saturday. Yet the
> cricket on Sunday.
>
> Channel 9 have given increased priority to the news over the cricket
> this month. And if it isn't because they have been involved in a ratings
> battle with Channel 7's news and Today Tonight they why did they do it?
>
> All you have said is that Channel 9 always show the cricket on the
> weekend till 6.30pm. Which is both false and irrelevant.

no i said in ADELAIDE, they do it every year in the eastern states, which is
very true. read my post again.




02 Dec 2004 22:19:08
dewatf
Re: Cricket past 6pm Melb ???

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:28:12 +1100, "maiet" <[email protected] > wrote:


>no i said in ADELAIDE, they do it every year in the eastern states, which is
>very true. read my post again.

Sorry I read that as when Channel 9 were in Adelaide for the test.


dewatf.