22 Oct 2005 08:54:19
**MattO**
Cricket Comeback

Today I make my return to the Cricket field. I was hoping it would rain
so I see the Cox Plate but not to be.

All the important stuff has been packed like the Cool Mints, the Minties
and the Peppermints.

Matt.




22 Oct 2005 11:26:53
Pee Jay
Re: Cricket Comeback

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:54:19 +1000, **MattO**
<[email protected] > wrote:

>Today I make my return to the Cricket field. I was hoping it would rain
>so I see the Cox Plate but not to be.
>
>All the important stuff has been packed like the Cool Mints, the Minties
>and the Peppermints.

What about your chewing gum and mobile phone?



24 Oct 2005 07:48:04
Calvin
Re: Cricket Comeback


"Pee Jay" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:54:19 +1000, **MattO**
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Today I make my return to the Cricket field. I was hoping it would rain
>>so I see the Cox Plate but not to be.
>>
>>All the important stuff has been packed like the Cool Mints, the Minties
>>and the Peppermints.
>
> What about your chewing gum and mobile phone?

The vaseline, aluminium bat and the pocketful of dirt.

cheers,
Calvin





24 Oct 2005 08:27:18
alvey
Re: Cricket Comeback

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:48:04 +1000, Calvin wrote:

> "Pee Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:54:19 +1000, **MattO**
>> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Today I make my return to the Cricket field. I was hoping it would rain
>>>so I see the Cox Plate but not to be.
>>>
>>>All the important stuff has been packed like the Cool Mints, the Minties
>>>and the Peppermints.
>>
>> What about your chewing gum and mobile phone?
>
> The vaseline, aluminium bat and the pocketful of dirt.

And Moron's already arranged his end of season trip. Coffs Harbour has been
very highly recommended by some associates. Apparently the coppers there
have a very sympathetic attitude to ugly blokes desperate for a root.



alvey


24 Oct 2005 10:28:22
**MattO**
Re: Cricket Comeback

Calvin wrote:
> "Pee Jay" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 08:54:19 +1000, **MattO**
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Today I make my return to the Cricket field. I was hoping it would rain
>>>so I see the Cox Plate but not to be.
>>>
>>>All the important stuff has been packed like the Cool Mints, the Minties
>>>and the Peppermints.
>>
>>What about your chewing gum and mobile phone?
>
>
> The vaseline, aluminium bat and the pocketful of dirt.
>
> cheers,
> Calvin

My comeback to Cricket was a success. I batted at 11 and made a valuable
21 as we put on 45 for the last wicket to go from 9/109 to 154. I
decided after I got to about 18 that I was going to slog at everything
and got caught on the fence. I don't know why I batted at 11 but all I
cared about was getting a bowl. We decided all the young blokes would
bat at the top of the order and I was away when the order was being done.

They were cruising at 1/50 and I performed a run out and next ball we
got a wicket. Next over after that I got a wicket and they are 4/50 at
the close of play. I finished with 1 for 2 off 2 overs.

As I only hit two boundaries in my 21 and the batsman at the other end
hit no boundaries in his 17 not out, we did a shit load of running and
I'm very sore and sorry from the occasion.


29 Oct 2005 21:37:51
Re: Cricket Comeback


**MattO** wrote:

> As I only hit two boundaries in my 21 and the batsman at the other end
> hit no boundaries in his 17 not out, we did a shit load of running and
> I'm very sore and sorry from the occasion.

It's a bit late now, but I think I'll share my start-of-season tips for
recovering after a day's play.

1) On way home buy 6-pack of pre-mix drinks in the 440mL cans. I'm
partial to scotch and coke, but I guess any will do.

2) Put drinks in freezer and start bath running damn hot.

3) Get small esky and fill with ice from freezer. Put in bathroom.

4) Get cordless phone and take off shoes. Do not sit down or pause
while calling mates.

5) Organise night out. If no night out, call pizza. It will act as a
45 minute alarm. If night out, set alarm 45 minutes so you don't fall
asleep in the bath and drown.

6) Get drinks and put in esky. Open one. Drink all of it. Open
another one.

7) Finish getting undressed and get in bath.

8) Soak and imbibe liberally.

By the time you finish all six, the pizza will have arrived, or you
will be feeling just human enough to go out.

Remember to put clothes on before answering the door.