15 Sep 2007 23:43:30
Ivan Kovacevic (Hvarsurf Team)
Record - boards on car

Aloha,

Does anyone know about a record in loading as much as possible boards on car
roof ?
I once saw it on TV, those guys had maybe near 100 boards up there, the car
could
barely move :)), but by the rules they had to make like 100 meters or so...
I'm trying to find some video or photos of that on internet but with no luck
:(
If someone can point me out to some page I would be very thankful !







15 Sep 2007 18:17:59
[email protected]
Re: Record - boards on car

This is totally off topic but, Ivan are you Croatian? I noticed your
signature included Hvarsurf team. The reason I asked is that my
girlfriend and I were in Croatia and Hvar just this past summer and
totally loved it. Croatia is amazing! The one thing we were
wondering though is if there is any decent windsurfing there. Is
there?

-Tim


On Sep 15, 2:43 pm, "Ivan Kovacevic (Hvarsurf Team)" <team-
[email protected] > wrote:
> Aloha,
>
> Does anyone know about a record in loading as much as possible boards on car
> roof ?
> I once saw it on TV, those guys had maybe near 100 boards up there, the car
> could
> barely move :)), but by the rules they had to make like 100 meters or so...
> I'm trying to find some video or photos of that on internet but with no luck
> :(
> If someone can point me out to some page I would be very thankful !




16 Sep 2007 10:17:55
Ivan Kovacevic (Hvarsurf Team)
Re: Record - boards on car


"[email protected]" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> This is totally off topic but, Ivan are you Croatian? I noticed your
> signature included Hvarsurf team. The reason I asked is that my
> girlfriend and I were in Croatia and Hvar just this past summer and
> totally loved it. Croatia is amazing! The one thing we were
> wondering though is if there is any decent windsurfing there. Is
> there?
>

:))
What do you mean by decent ? At Hvar you have no rental stations,
centers or clubs. There are just few of us local enthusiasts (5-6) mostly
students ripping it all year long. The reason why there is nothing
"organized" is probably because there are no beaches on the island that
are exposed to the wind. Nevertheless we have very good wind, for
example during the summer you can get almost every day wind for 6m
sails at north part of the island, because of the thermics that builds up
every afternoon. Occasionaly you may get very strong winds fromnorth
east (Bura). This summer we had it like 4-5 times and the waves build
up to 3-4 m. The rest of the year we have like 30% windy days per month.
But when it blows then it blows like for 5m and smaller sails. Very good
period for strong south wind(Jugo) is autmn and also spring. As for the rest
of Croatia, Bol(Island Brac) and Viganj (peninsula Peljesac) are the places
to look for during summer. They have big beaches, many rental stations
many windsurfers and kitesurfers, and thermal winds everyday... So I guess
pretty decent ;)
here some links:
Bol: http://www.travel-dalmatia.com/zoo-station/
Main Croatian page: http://www.wsurf.net
As for how it looks on bigger days check this pictures out ;)
Pula:
http://www.wsurf.net/galerija/albums/ostalo/palin-150906/18.jpg
http://www.wsurf.net/galerija/albums/ostalo/palin-150906/19.jpg
Split:
http://www.wsurf.net/galerija/albums/ostalo/Znjan-jugo-05_03_2006/2006_03_050554.jpg
Povlja (Brac):
http://www.wsurf.net/galerija/albums/ostalo/povlja-191105/21.jpg

Hope this answers your question ;)
Where are you from ?






17 Sep 2007 07:42:26
Cyber Kahuna
Re: Record - boards on car


"Ivan Kovacevic (Hvarsurf Team)" <[email protected] > wrote
in message news:[email protected]
> Aloha,
>
> Does anyone know about a record in loading as much as possible boards on
> car roof ?
> I once saw it on TV, those guys had maybe near 100 boards up there, the
> car could
> barely move :)), but by the rules they had to make like 100 meters or
> so...
> I'm trying to find some video or photos of that on internet but with no
> luck :(
> If someone can point me out to some page I would be very thankful !
>

Here you go-

http://starbulletin.com/2004/01/11/features/story1.html

Took almost 3 seconds to find.




17 Sep 2007 21:13:46
Ivan Kovacevic (Hvarsurf Team)
Re: Record - boards on car


"Cyber Kahuna" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:[email protected]
> Here you go-
>
> http://starbulletin.com/2004/01/11/features/story1.html
>
> Took almost 3 seconds to find.

hehe, I always smile when I see something like this ;)... cool !
Althogh the one I saw on TV kad triple that much on the roof.
I had a problem finding anything because I'm actually not good
at english and didn't know the proper word




17 Sep 2007 20:23:05
td
Re: Record - boards on car

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 21:13:46 +0200, "Ivan Kovacevic (Hvarsurf Team)"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>
> I'm actually not good
>at english and didn't know the proper word
>

Than pool up a chear and maik yersef at hom. ;-)