28 Nov 2004 21:00:37
Cymon Birtles
105 Break for Reanne Evans

Century break for reanne Evans in the World snooker champoinships in
Holland. This must be one of the only(if not the first) century break in
women snooker history.Go on Girls ! We want more.

Talking about the world championships, Reanne evans and Wendy Jans seem to
be outseeding the lot (they have 19 of the 27 top breaks). Wendy Jans has
second best top break with a nice 72.

By the way, check out her new web site at www.wendy-jans.com

29 Nov 2004 08:16:06
Cymon Birtles
Re: 105 Break for Reanne Evans

* For years, transit riders and advocates have been demanding discounts like
* other cities, but transit officials said they couldn't do it without an
* electronic system.
*
* In 1995, the Transit Authority lost $300 million in city, state and Federal
* subsidies, and had to reduce and eliminate some bus and subway service,
* along with some cleaning. Not counting the long-promised discounts, the
* city is also offering free bus-subway transfers which will cost it another
* $168 million.

Wow.

They are hurting for money, yet spent $700 million on it to offer discounts?

They aren't expecting to monitor individual users, like in Singapore, are they?

Let's see...they don't print them up in advance, so they can't be stolen.

But each token booth has a video camera, which, if synchronized time-wise
would yield a picture to associate with each card.

They wouldn't use 'machine vision' to identify people, would they?

They would never take our picture from a video camera and use it for a
completely different surveillance purpose, would they?

* "Police Use of Yearbooks Draws Protest From the Schools"
* By Lawrence Van Gelder, The New York Times, March 28 1997
*
* A storm of protest burst yesterday around a Police Department memo that
* orders every detective squad in New York City to collect yearbooks from
* the high schools and j

30 Nov 2004 15:16:26
Parsons Nose

"Cymon Birtles" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Century break for reanne Evans in the World snooker champoinships in
> Holland. This must be one of the only(if not the first) century break in
> women snooker history.Go on Girls ! We want more.
>
> Talking about the world championships, Reanne evans and Wendy Jans seem to
> be outseeding the lot (they have 19 of the 27 top breaks). Wendy Jans has
> second best top break with a nice 72.
>
> By the way, check out her new web site at www.wendy-jans.com

It wasa great break by Reanne, her highest tournament break so far...
But there have been many century breaks in womens snooker over the
years.
The first player to record a ton was Stacey Hillyard when she was 14
years old. She made 114 in a local league match.
The first in a WLBSA World ranking event was 110 (I think from memory)
by Kim shaw.
Allison Fisher, Karen Corr, Ann Marie Farren and several others pushed
the breaks higher and higher quite often making a high break of 130+
in ladies ranking events.

I'd have to dig out my records file to remember them all and which
were the highest... but today's current leading lady players have a
bit of catching up to do in the "century" stakes to match the regular
breaks bieng made in the late 1980s and early 1990s by the leading
players then.