15 Sep 2004 18:31:50
pds
eforce oxygen string

Anybody try Eforce Oxygen string? Opinions as to how it compares to
Tecnifibre? I'm going to try it today for the first time. Also will be
getting in a pair of the new PK shoes. I hope I like them. Anybody else
try them yet?

http://store.racquetworld.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RW&Category_Code=Pro_Kennex_Shoes

17 Sep 2004 18:57:53
Andrew Rawlins
Re: eforce oxygen string

I had heard eforce pulled the string off the market after its initial
release due to breakage problems. Perhaps they have been able to
remedy the situation. I have put two sets in my sticks, neither lasted
over an hour.

Basically, it's a chinese tecnifibre knock off. Eventually it's likely
that the quality will approach that of the real thing, but sometimes
it takes them a while. I will say it felt as good as the tecnifibre
during the short period it lasted, and my experience has been good
with the platinum string.

Please let us know how your experience goes.

Andrew

"pds" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<pU%[email protected]>...
> Anybody try Eforce Oxygen string? Opinions as to how it compares to
> Tecnifibre? I'm going to try it today for the first time. Also will be
> getting in a pair of the new PK shoes. I hope I like them. Anybody else
> try them yet?
>
> http://store.racquetworld.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RW&Category_Code=Pro_Kennex_Shoes

18 Sep 2004 16:35:10
pds
Re: eforce oxygen string

That is interesting and exactly the type of info I was looking for. I
didn't realize they are not selling it any longer. I thought it felt very
similiar to Tecnifibre although I have only played twice with it so far.
The strings I bought were from Ebay and I noticed they are marked
"EFORCE.CON" which is pretty funny to me as I have always been very
dissapointed in the Eforce web site. Are they all mislabeled or is it just
my batch?

I liked the Pro Kennex shoes pretty well. I generally prefer low-tops but
the mid cut doesn't restrict your foot from extending fully like many
high-tops do. They don't seem like super high quality shoes so far as
construction but it is a pretty good design.

"Andrew Rawlins" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I had heard eforce pulled the string off the market after its initial
> release due to breakage problems. Perhaps they have been able to
> remedy the situation. I have put two sets in my sticks, neither lasted
> over an hour.
>
> Basically, it's a chinese tecnifibre knock off. Eventually it's likely
> that the quality will approach that of the real thing, but sometimes
> it takes them a while. I will say it felt as good as the tecnifibre
> during the short period it lasted, and my experience has been good
> with the platinum string.
>
> Please let us know how your experience goes.
>
> Andrew
>

> "pds" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:<pU%[email protected]>...
>> Anybody try Eforce Oxygen string? Opinions as to how it compares to
>> Tecnifibre? I'm going to try it today for the first time. Also will be
>> getting in a pair of the new PK shoes. I hope I like them. Anybody else
>> try them yet?
>>
>> http://store.racquetworld.com/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=RW&Category_Code=Pro_Kennex_Shoes

18 Sep 2004 16:37:39
Andrew Rawlins
Re: eforce oxygen string

The sets I used said "e-force.com" so maybe you're lucky and got some
of the newer stuff, despite the fact you got them off ebay (a good
place to dispose of old string). Sounds like you've already gotten
more mileage out of yours than I did mine.

Speaking of the eforce website, you'll be happy to know they have a
new one up. However, I'm betting you won't be as happy after visiting
it. It's still under construction, but I can't imagine that it will be
good once it's finished.

"pds" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> That is interesting and exactly the type of info I was looking for. I
> didn't realize they are not selling it any longer. I thought it felt very
> similiar to Tecnifibre although I have only played twice with it so far.
> The strings I bought were from Ebay and I noticed they are marked
> "EFORCE.CON" which is pretty funny to me as I have always been very
> dissapointed in the Eforce web site. Are they all mislabeled or is it just
> my batch?
>
> I liked the Pro Kennex shoes pretty well. I generally prefer low-tops but
> the mid cut doesn't restrict your foot from extending fully like many
> high-tops do. They don't seem like super high quality shoes so far as
> construction but it is a pretty good design.

26 Sep 2004 08:26:08
Andrew Rawlins
eforce oxygen string update

I heard from an eforce-sponsored pal that he received some oxygen
string with the package he just received. He told me that the package
was labeled "Made in Taiwan," which should be a step in the right
direction vs. the made in China stuff I had a negative experience
with. I know of at least one made-in-Taiwan multifilament with a
proven track record (Wilson Sensation), and I know of zero quality
multis made in China.

PDS, is that stuff still alive in your racquet?

Andrew

[email protected] (Andrew Rawlins) wrote in message news:<[email protected] >...
> The sets I used said "e-force.com" so maybe you're lucky and got some
> of the newer stuff, despite the fact you got them off ebay (a good
> place to dispose of old string). Sounds like you've already gotten
> more mileage out of yours than I did mine.
>
> Speaking of the eforce website, you'll be happy to know they have a
> new one up. However, I'm betting you won't be as happy after visiting
> it. It's still under construction, but I can't imagine that it will be
> good once it's finished.
>

> "pds" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> > That is interesting and exactly the type of info I was looking for. I
> > didn't realize they are not selling it any longer. I thought it felt very
> > similiar to Tecnifibre although I have only played twice with it so far.
> > The strings I bought were from Ebay and I noticed they are marked
> > "EFORCE.CON" which is pretty funny to me as I have always been very
> > dissapointed in the Eforce web site. Are they all mislabeled or is it just
> > my batch?
> >
> > I liked the Pro Kennex shoes pretty well. I generally prefer low-tops but
> > the mid cut doesn't restrict your foot from extending fully like many
> > high-tops do. They don't seem like super high quality shoes so far as
> > construction but it is a pretty good design.

26 Sep 2004 16:29:35
pds
Re: eforce oxygen string update

Yes it is. Mine is made in China. 17g Tecnifibre usually lasts about 8-9
weeks for me. I thought the Oxygen string might look like Tecnifibre in how
it frays as it wears but you can see it is a different string as it breaks
down. Mine is looking pretty notched and hairy right now but the hairs are
big and curly unlike the Tecnifibre.

Overall I think it is a good string so far although I think Tecnifibre might
have a bit more pop.