21 Feb 2005 20:12:44
al
Grant for Racquetball in phys. ed.

I was wondering if anyone had any idea how i could going about getting
a grant to start racquetball at my high school. If you have any ideas
please help me.
Thank you

22 Feb 2005 04:38:38
Spidey
Re: Grant for Racquetball in phys. ed.

al, occassionally, some of the racquetball manufacturers make grants
available for such things ... also the SGMA I think. Just write to your
favorite rball manufacturer and state your case. A while back, I beleive
the SGMA grant was $5000 ... but not sure where it stands today. I can't
remember what the SGMA website is ... believe it stands for Sporting Goods
Manufacturer Association.

--
ProRacquetball.Net
http://www.ProRacquetball.Net

Racquetball Central
http://www.RacquetballCentral.Com

"al" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I was wondering if anyone had any idea how i could going about getting
> a grant to start racquetball at my high school. If you have any ideas
> please help me.
> Thank you

22 Feb 2005 09:50:12
Matthew Hills

Spidey <[email protected] > wrote:
>the SGMA grant was $5000 ... but not sure where it stands today. I can't
>remember what the SGMA website is ... believe it stands for Sporting Goods
>Manufacturer Association.

The Racquetball Manufacturers Council (RMC) is the racquetball-related
group operating under the SGMA umbrella.

Website at: http://playracquetball.org/about/

I wasn't sure if the original poster was looking for equipment, or
help with getting court facilities secured, or.... ?

You might also want to check with whoever coordinates the high school programs
in other states. Oregon seems to have one of the stronger high school
programs, so you might try poking around their website.

Matt

09 Mar 2005 12:08:00
FineDotWrx
Re: Grant for Racquetball in phys. ed.

I Wish that Racquetball is popular in my school. I can have a higher
chance of getting a sholarship instead of going to all these
tournaments. Well its my last year and I doubt that Racquetball will
come to my school.