23 Oct 2004 05:38:21
Kathy Geels
Chi, Fri Night Live - PRB

Ed asked for some help posting to the different forums. He is posting direct on
the racquetball.com forum. (go to "enjoy", select "forum".

got into the club during the Rocky-Mike Dennison match ... think Mike took a
game but Rocky won in 4. Next think Cliff beat Chris Crowther in 3, maybe for
as I was trying to set up and make last minute changes.

1st quarterfinal was between Jack Huczek and Shane Vanderson ... Shane is very
impressive. Sometimes it seems that he just gets into being impressive ... Jack
was definitely working harder and putting the pressure on Shane. Shane has a
monster backhand (with almost no followthrough ... I'll have to check out the
tape). Shane would play tough for 2/3rds of each game but Jack would play tough
for 4/3rds. Shane took game 1, coming from behind, punching a hard shot from
Jack ... and rolling it out in the left front corner. He left the court with a
serious face only to crack up once on the sidelines. Jack wins game 2 with
consistency and Shane comes back with impressive display to win game 3. Shane
just about gives away game 4 ... 11-1 I thinik. Seems Shane got tired and way
behind ... making many mistakes and going for too much. In the end Jack worked
harder and wanted it more ... Shane was streaky ... impressive one rally and
making mistakes the next (ie skipping setups). Jack wins in 5.

Quarterfinal #2 pits Mike Guidry against the #1 player, Kane Waselenchuk. Mike
has a good start while Kane may have been impressed by Shane's display and tried
to put on his own display .. but backfired and he made many skip mistakes and
lost game 1 to Guids. In game 2 Kane started getting upset at the ref .... I
think he needed to get serious and thats how he did it ... making the transition
from "trying to impress" to focusing on the game at hand. Though Mike played
very well, Kane takes the next 3 games, going away in game 4.

Quarterfinal #3 sees veteran and ex-#1 player Jason Mannino against and up and
coming Josh Tucker. Tuck came out like Jesse James with both guns firing ... he
missed little in game 1 and had MONSTER serves ... 3-4-5 aces in game 1 and wins
it something like 11-7. Not sure what happens but he starts making mistakes in
execution and mental while Jason plays more consistent ... though Jason is
making a lot of mistakes as well. In the end Tuck tuckers out and gets whomped
in Game 4.

The final quarterfinal brings back the match-up from Stockton ... Cliff Swain vs
Rocky Carson. Cliff is playing like the cliff of old ... rocketing serves left
and right and hitting diving rollouts. But in game 2 Rocky gets focused and
plays SOLID and takes it. But that ends in game 2 ... games 3 and 4 bring
distractions and discussions witht he ref ... which end up a Cliff Swain win in
4 games.

I took some notes but too tired to get into it now ... will try to post more
tomorrow.

Ed.

ProRacquetball.Net
Where the pros play
RacquetballCentral.Com
Where the amateurs play

--
Kathy Geels
Miami, FL

23 Oct 2004 18:12:31
ben_gazelle
Re: Chi, Fri Night Live - PRB

GO KANE !!!

Kathy Geels <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Ed asked for some help posting to the different forums. He is posting direct on
> the racquetball.com forum. (go to "enjoy", select "forum".

> > Quarterfinal #2 pits Mike Guidry against the #1 player, Kane Waselenchuk. Mike
> has a good start while Kane may have been impressed by Shane's display and tried
> to put on his own display .. but backfired and he made many skip mistakes and
> lost game 1 to Guids. In game 2 Kane started getting upset at the ref .... I
> think he needed to get serious and thats how he did it ... making the transition
> from "trying to impress" to focusing on the game at hand. Though Mike played
> very well, Kane takes the next 3 games, going away in game 4.

Spiderman
Re: Chi, Fri Night Live - PRB

Kane won another prostop ... he is very impressive ... (not really knowing
Kane but as a spectator) I think Kane's greatest assest is being able to
playing ad lib ... he may not even have a pre-game plan of whow to play a
certain opponent but rather just " a plan" on getting himself into the right
frame of mine to do what he does so well ... improvise, adapt, prevail ...
Kane is a MARINE of Racquetball ... the only way to stop him is ... I don't
know, he'll just adapt! Can't wait to see someone beat him and what
strategy they use. Cliff and (mainly) Sudsy are the only ones I can see
beating Kane right now and Suds is retired. I mean, Cliff played great on
Saturday but Kane beat him like as if he was 16 years younger ... which he
is ;-)

Ed.
--
ProRacquetball.Net