21 Jul 2004 17:19:24
William Burbul
grip enhancement ie glove

Is it legal and acceptable to use a golf glove for a better grip. My hands
get very dry here in New England and the standard items (ie chalk and rosin)
seem to make my hands even more slippery(ie dart doesn't reach board). Is
there some other type of grip enhancement?. I tried the golf glove only
because i bought several and found one was the wrong hand so i tried it in
practice darts. It seems to have improved grouping and shooting (ie i don't
have to throw as hard as my hands begin to slip)

22 Jul 2004 03:13:14
www.dartszeeland.nl
Re: grip enhancement ie glove

there is a rubber tube that fits just around the dart (barrel), dont know
if its in the shops because i made one myself of a bike tyre ventiel (that
thing where you pute the air in) , i made it a bit warm and pulled it over
my barrel, works great!!!

i hope you understand it a little because my English sux :-) im dutch...

good luck in finding what you want...

Peter.

"William Burbul" <[email protected] > schreef in bericht
news:[email protected]
> Is it legal and acceptable to use a golf glove for a better grip. My hands
> get very dry here in New England and the standard items (ie chalk and
rosin)
> seem to make my hands even more slippery(ie dart doesn't reach board). Is
> there some other type of grip enhancement?. I tried the golf glove only
> because i bought several and found one was the wrong hand so i tried it in
> practice darts. It seems to have improved grouping and shooting (ie i
don't
> have to throw as hard as my hands begin to slip)

22 Jul 2004 04:32:04
Dirtbag
Re: grip enhancement ie glove

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:13:14 +0200, "www.dartszeeland.nl"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>there is a rubber tube that fits just around the dart (barrel), dont know
>if its in the shops because i made one myself of a bike tyre ventiel (that
>thing where you pute the air in) , i made it a bit warm and pulled it over
>my barrel, works great!!!

The rubber "tube" works great, but it deteriorates with use. After a
while, you will have to replace it.

>"William Burbul" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>news:[email protected]
>> Is it legal and acceptable to use a golf glove for a better grip. My hands
>> get very dry here in New England and the standard items (ie chalk and
>rosin)

The glove is legal. One of the top shooters in America (Can't
remember his name) used a glove, so it can be done well. It'll be
hard to stop using the glove in the future because old habits die
hard.

I'd recommend a damp washcloth. Keep your hand moist and clean. Or
drink your beer with your shooting hand, in cold sweaty glasses or
bottles.

Dirtbag

22 Jul 2004 01:26:07
kevin
Re: grip enhancement ie glove

you could try surgical rubber gloves, cheap and easily available... kk

--
== > Kevin Kienlein
== > www.DartAttack.com

"Dirtbag" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]@theriver.com...
> On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:13:14 +0200, "www.dartszeeland.nl"
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >there is a rubber tube that fits just around the dart (barrel), dont
know
> >if its in the shops because i made one myself of a bike tyre ventiel
(that
> >thing where you pute the air in) , i made it a bit warm and pulled it
over
> >my barrel, works great!!!
> >

> The rubber "tube" works great, but it deteriorates with use. After a
> while, you will have to replace it.
>

> >"William Burbul" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> >news:[email protected]
> >> Is it legal and acceptable to use a golf glove for a better grip. My
hands
> >> get very dry here in New England and the standard items (ie chalk and
> >rosin)
>
> The glove is legal. One of the top shooters in America (Can't
> remember his name) used a glove, so it can be done well. It'll be
> hard to stop using the glove in the future because old habits die
> hard.
>
> I'd recommend a damp washcloth. Keep your hand moist and clean. Or
> drink your beer with your shooting hand, in cold sweaty glasses or
> bottles.
>
> Dirtbag

---

Rob Shadbolt
Re: grip enhancement ie glove

I wasn't aware you were allowed to wear aids like gloves,
then again im not a rules know it all :D thank god
Roll on september and the season starts again :)

"kevin" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> you could try surgical rubber gloves, cheap and easily available... kk
>

> --
> ==> Kevin Kienlein
> ==> www.DartAttack.com
> ==> Western Canada's Source for
> ==> Darts & Supplies
> ==> 3101-18 Ave
> ==> Vernon, B.C.
> ==> V1T 1C6
> ==> Ph.250-545-8340
> ==> [email protected]
>
> "Dirtbag" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]@theriver.com...
> > On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 03:13:14 +0200, "www.dartszeeland.nl"
> > <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > >there is a rubber tube that fits just around the dart (barrel), dont
> know
> > >if its in the shops because i made one myself of a bike tyre ventiel
> (that
> > >thing where you pute the air in) , i made it a bit warm and pulled it
> over
> > >my barrel, works great!!!
> > >

> > The rubber "tube" works great, but it deteriorates with use. After a
> > while, you will have to replace it.
> >

> > >"William Burbul" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
> > >news:[email protected]
> hands
> > >rosin)
> >
> > The glove is legal. One of the top shooters in America (Can't
> > remember his name) used a glove, so it can be done well. It'll be
> > hard to stop using the glove in the future because old habits die
> > hard.
> >
> > I'd recommend a damp washcloth. Keep your hand moist and clean. Or
> > drink your beer with your shooting hand, in cold sweaty glasses or
> > bottles.
> >
> > Dirtbag
>

> ---

Dirtbag
Re: grip enhancement ie glove

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 11:58:06 +0100, "Rob Shadbolt"
<[email protected] > wrote:

>I wasn't aware you were allowed to wear aids like gloves,
>then again im not a rules know it all :D thank god
>Roll on september and the season starts again :)

The ADO Tournament rules state: All darts must be thrown by, and
from, the hand. http://www.adodarts.org/TournyRules.htm

BDO Rules http://www.bdodarts.com/playrule.htm:

(Go to the website, rule 10.00 - I don't have the written consent of
the BDO to copy them)

There is no specific rules about how to throw the darts after that.
If you want, you can throw them under your legs. Just warn the
chalker.

Local rules can change anything for league play if people wear ugly
gloves or there are other reasons. e.g. someone doesn't have a hand.

Dirtbag
I may be cheap, but I am easy