05 Jun 2004 20:36:18
[email protected]
UK Open

Anyone else watch the UK open on sky tonight? Although Phil Taylor hit
another 9 dart finish, I thought over all the John Part - Bob Anderson game
was the match of the night.

--
John
--
www.thedartcentre.com




07 Jun 2004 15:18:11
Scott
Re: UK Open

Can't believe I missed the 9 darter by Taylor! I've watched every dart
thrown on sky over the last few years and only missed the coverage of the UK
open as it was poorly advertised on TV. Managed to switch on for Sunday
though!
Was well chuffed when Part beat Taylor although Part had a few bad darts on
the day, being very lucky to pip past Dennis the Menace. Scholten deserved
the victory, best I've seen him play. Part had another bad game. Seems
like Part has the ability but just looses focus every so often, which costs
him alot.
"[email protected]" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Anyone else watch the UK open on sky tonight? Although Phil Taylor hit
> another 9 dart finish, I thought over all the John Part - Bob Anderson
game
> was the match of the night.
>
> --
> John
> --
> www.thedartcentre.com
>
>




09 Jun 2004 10:37:32
KennyJC
Re: UK Open

I think John Part played poor in the final due to not only the amount
of games he played that day, but how close they were. Part said he's
not the type of player to play too much in the one day, he only
practices 2 hours per day and says he loses form if he plays too much.

But it was a great weekend overall, so many great games to watch and a
very unique format for TV.


"Scott" <[email protected] > wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> Can't believe I missed the 9 darter by Taylor! I've watched every dart
> thrown on sky over the last few years and only missed the coverage of the UK
> open as it was poorly advertised on TV. Managed to switch on for Sunday
> though!
> Was well chuffed when Part beat Taylor although Part had a few bad darts on
> the day, being very lucky to pip past Dennis the Menace. Scholten deserved
> the victory, best I've seen him play. Part had another bad game. Seems
> like Part has the ability but just looses focus every so often, which costs
> him alot.
> "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
> > Anyone else watch the UK open on sky tonight? Although Phil Taylor hit
> > another 9 dart finish, I thought over all the John Part - Bob Anderson
> game
> > was the match of the night.
> >
> > --
> > John
> > --
> > www.thedartcentre.com
> >
> >


09 Jun 2004 21:29:53
Colin Harris
Re: UK Open

I do hope Sky go the interactive route next year, and lets you pick which
board you want to watch.

The only criticism was they way the games in the early stages were a bit
chopped up.

It's a fantastic format for TV (I know it's the same as most non-televised
tournies) and deserves the full treatment.

--
"There's never a big girl around when you want one"

www.vauxhall-senator.com

"KennyJC" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> I think John Part played poor in the final due to not only the amount
> of games he played that day, but how close they were. Part said he's
> not the type of player to play too much in the one day, he only
> practices 2 hours per day and says he loses form if he plays too much.
>
> But it was a great weekend overall, so many great games to watch and a
> very unique format for TV.
>
>
> "Scott" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected] >...
> > Can't believe I missed the 9 darter by Taylor! I've watched every dart
> > thrown on sky over the last few years and only missed the coverage of
the UK
> > open as it was poorly advertised on TV. Managed to switch on for Sunday
> > though!
> > Was well chuffed when Part beat Taylor although Part had a few bad darts
on
> > the day, being very lucky to pip past Dennis the Menace. Scholten
deserved
> > the victory, best I've seen him play. Part had another bad game. Seems
> > like Part has the ability but just looses focus every so often, which
costs
> > him alot.
> > "[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]
> > > Anyone else watch the UK open on sky tonight? Although Phil Taylor hit
> > > another 9 dart finish, I thought over all the John Part - Bob Anderson
> > game
> > > was the match of the night.
> > >
> > > --
> > > John
> > > --
> > > www.thedartcentre.com
> > >
> > >