23 Dec 2003 16:39:03
Richard Johnson
Would Lessons help me with....

Hi all,

Back in May I was a 135 bowler....with the potential to bust out with a big
game 1 out of every 3. Big I mean 170 or higher. By the end of the summer
season I was a 162 averager bowler. Biggest change was my ball change to a
Brunswick inferno with maximum hook holes. My question is I want to go up
another 20 - 30 pins. I know it is hard, but certainly possible. Do you
think lessons can improve my game that much, or should I just spend more
time on the deck.....As for my high game...well I bowled a first frame
strike....a 2nd frame spare after shooting a 8, then struck out till the
last ball of the 10th frame.....left a 8 for a 278. No sooner did I turn
around to walk off the deck in disbelief that the ball was so in the pocket
not to get a strike, someone yells out, "Hey, didn't your wife bowl a 279?"
Yes she did....7 1/2 months pregnant.....OUCH!!!!! So for me it is 280 or
higher or bust.

23 Dec 2003 16:58:55
EldredP
Re: Would Lessons help me with....

In article <[email protected] >,
"Richard Johnson" <[email protected] > writes:

>No sooner did I turn
>around to walk off the deck in disbelief that the ball was so in the pocket
>not to get a strike, someone yells out, "Hey, didn't your wife bowl a 279?"
>Yes she did....7 1/2 months pregnant.....OUCH!!!!! So for me it is 280 or
>higher or bust.

Well, you know what you have to do now...get pregnant.
:-)

Eldred
--
Homepage - http://www.umich.edu/~epickett
Member

Remove SPAM-OFF to reply.

23 Dec 2003 17:59:48
Stephan Lemonjello Jr.
Re: Would Lessons help me with....

>Back in May I was a 135 bowler....with the potential to bust out with a big
>game 1 out of every 3. Big I mean 170 or higher. By the end of the summer
>season I was a 162 averager bowler. Biggest change was my ball change to a
>Brunswick inferno with maximum hook holes.

Oooooh, maximum hook holes! Where do you get those?!? :)

BTW, it seems that my ball was mistakenly drilled with "ringing 10-pin" holes.

23 Dec 2003 19:03:18
John O
Re: Would Lessons help me with....

>Do you
> think lessons can improve my game that much, or should I just spend more
> time on the deck.....

Practice is a lot more productive if you are working on specific things, and
a coach can help you determine what those things might be. For example, if I
make some major assumptions about your bowling (apologies in advance, but
this is just for the sake of an example) you might need to work on adjusting
to the lanes as they change. That's something a coach can help with, but it
hard to learn by yourself.

>"Hey, didn't your wife bowl a 279?"
> Yes she did....7 1/2 months pregnant.....OUCH!!!!! So for me it is 280 or
> higher or bust.

Hormones. Just inject some of them hormones next time. :-)

-John O

23 Dec 2003 20:50:00
Larry T
Re: Would Lessons help me with....

since your wife represented 1.83 people (9months/7.5) at the time of
her 279, the resultant per bowler score was 152, so your're OK.

LT