11 Jan 2007 01:44:11
litefrozen
³Sport Balls² Program to Air on The History Channel

EBONITE AND HAMMER BALLS PROFILED ON MODERN MARVELS

³Sport Balls² Program to Air on The History Channel in January

HOPKINSVILLE, Kent. ­ With more than 100 years of business under its
belt, Ebonite International has certainly seen the effects of time and
technology on the manufacturing of bowling balls. Recently, Ebonite and
Hammer were given the unique opportunity of profiling the growth and
changes in bowling ball manufacturing as part of a television segment
for ³Modern Marvels,² a technology focused show which airs on The
History Channel.

In November, a production team from the show traveled to Ebonite
Internationalıs manufacturing facility in Hopkinsville, Kent. for an
in-depth look at the manufacturing process of balls from both the
Ebonite and Hammer brands.

³Most people outside of our industry cannot imagine how complicated the
bowling ball manufacturing process actually is,² said Bob Reid, vice
president of marketing. ³Itıs not as simple as pouring a solution in a
mold, letting it dry and being able to walk out and bowl strikes. I
definitely think their team was impressed with what our research and
development team was able to demonstrate and also to see the plant
production firsthand.

"To the untrained eye, the process is very unique and thatıs what they
want to show their viewers with this segment, how chemistry, machinery
and hands-on manufacturing create the bowling balls we use today.²

The hour-long segment, scheduled to air January 17 at 10 p.m. EST on
The History Channel, will show the evolution of several sports balls
through the ages, including Penn tennis balls, Wilson footballs,
Rawlings baseballs and Callaway golf balls. The bowling segment with
Ebonite International includes the manufacturing side of the business
as well as the actual demonstration of various balls cores and
coverstocks on the lanes. Ebonite BowlersMAP was also used to
demonstrate the performance characteristics of certain balls from the
Ebonite and Hammer lines.

Based in Hopkinsville, Kent., Ebonite International is a
privately-owned company that currently services bowling centers,
distributors and retail outlets both domestically and internationally.
For more information, visit www.ebonite.com or www.hammerbowling.com.

10 Jan 2007 22:46:31
6ballman
Re: =?windows-1252?Q?=B3Sport_Balls=B2_Program_to_Air_?=

Booked into the dvr. Thanks for the heads up.

--

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always
been premature, and it remains premature today.