07 Dec 2006 00:11:36
Mike Thal
Re: trip report, Imerial Lanes, Ardmore OK

When are you guys going to open a center in Canada?

We need the type of service you're offering. Too many
dud centers up here.

Keep up the good work!

10 Dec 2006 16:13:17
amanda

Mike Thal wrote:
> When are you guys going to open a center in Canada?
>
> We need the type of service you're offering. Too many
> dud centers up here.
>
> Keep up the good work!

I have heard stories of Canada centers. I have never had the
experience of one though. For vacation this year, the wife and I are
planning to travel the North East US and into Canada to get a feel of
what's going on in certain areas of the US and our close neighbor,
Canada. My assistant manager has mentioned that Canada lacks in the
industry - she is from Canada herself. She talked about wishing she had
the money to start a small operation there and grow bigger. She thinks
with the right management the sport could really grow and take off up there.

To anyone who says that bowling is dying - here's the Saturday report
from my bowling center - remember, it's a 24 lane center that charges $4
for shoes and $4 a game.

* 2 leagues first thing in the morning (9am) - took up the whole house
* Junior Leagues 11am - 1pm, 120 kids - full house
* 11 birthday parties (between 1230pm and 5pm) - the smallest party was
10 ppl, the largest 30
* Open bowl from 12pm - 6pm, had a waiting list all day. Some people
waited an hour for a lane
* Full house leagues from 6pm - 930pm
* Open bowl 930 - 11pm (filled house)
* Club night bowling 11pm - 2am, filled house @ $16 a person (3hrs
bowling, includes shoes) had waiting list to get on lanes at 12am -
those people sat around at the bar and drank and ate.

Point is, bowling is not dying and we can charge so much because we are
obviously doing something right. I'm on my way into work now. Have a
great day!!!