18 Nov 2005 12:54:26
Rick
Masters

I find it interesting that the masters has run for 3 days and not one peep
on this group.

FYI - Walter Ray averaged 243 yesterday and ended up in the losers bracket!




18 Nov 2005 14:21:03
pkstore2
Re: Masters


"Rick" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I find it interesting that the masters has run for 3 days and not one peep
>on this group.
>
> FYI - Walter Ray averaged 243 yesterday and ended up in the losers
> bracket!

Maybe its because everyone is in a "huff" over the lane conditions out there
the first few weeks and the obscene scores.




18 Nov 2005 15:00:29
Rick
Re: Masters

I thought they were bowling on a sport shot condition?

"pkstore2" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>
> "Rick" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>>I find it interesting that the masters has run for 3 days and not one peep
>>on this group.
>>
>> FYI - Walter Ray averaged 243 yesterday and ended up in the losers
>> bracket!
>
> Maybe its because everyone is in a "huff" over the lane conditions out
> there the first few weeks and the obscene scores.
>




18 Nov 2005 07:01:02
PromptJock
Re: Masters

Well, if you want a "peep", then let my "peep" be this: let's root for
CAROLYN DORIN-BALLARD who placed TWENTY-NINTH (29th) after the
preliminaries and hope she not only makes it to the finals but WINS!!!



18 Nov 2005 07:04:30
PromptJock
Re: Masters

It's a tough condition. Visit
http://pba.com/resources/oilpatterns/laneconditions.asp?ID=2to get the
info. :)



18 Nov 2005 15:41:59
Rick
Re: Masters

Sorry - she is history - she won her first match and lost the next two. She
averaged 212 for her match play games.

"PromptJock" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Well, if you want a "peep", then let my "peep" be this: let's root for
> CAROLYN DORIN-BALLARD who placed TWENTY-NINTH (29th) after the
> preliminaries and hope she not only makes it to the finals but WINS!!!
>




18 Nov 2005 15:50:41
Rick
Re: Masters

25% of the match play scores are over 675. I don't think that is very low
scoring.


"PromptJock" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> It's a tough condition. Visit
> http://pba.com/resources/oilpatterns/laneconditions.asp?ID=2to get the
> info. :)
>




18 Nov 2005 13:35:08
Jeff Rife
Re: Masters

Rick ([email protected]) wrote in alt.sport.bowling:
> 25% of the match play scores are over 675. I don't think that is very low
> scoring.

That's why they call them "pros".

On the other hand, part of the reason they score is because they get a
*lot* of practice shots on the lanes they will bowl on, and can adjust
the oil using the right kind of ball.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverTheHedge/PizzaDelivery.gif


18 Nov 2005 19:04:54
Rick
Re: Masters

Not the 2 amateurs that made the top 8!!!!!
With only 75 minutes from the start of one match to another - how much
practice do they get?

"Jeff Rife" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Rick ([email protected]) wrote in alt.sport.bowling:
>> 25% of the match play scores are over 675. I don't think that is very
>> low
>> scoring.
>
> That's why they call them "pros".
>
> On the other hand, part of the reason they score is because they get a
> *lot* of practice shots on the lanes they will bowl on, and can adjust
> the oil using the right kind of ball.
>
> --
> Jeff Rife |
> | http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/OverTheHedge/PizzaDelivery.gif




18 Nov 2005 14:59:11
Jeff Rife
Re: Masters

Rick ([email protected]) wrote in alt.sport.bowling:
> Not the 2 amateurs that made the top 8!!!!!

I haven't looked at exactly who it is, but there are a few "amateurs" who
are good enough to bowl with the pros. Technically, Mika Koivuniemi was
not a PBA pro just a few years ago. His first year out of the gate, he
pretty well. The only difference was that he signed on for the PBA card
before he started entering the tournaments.

> With only 75 minutes from the start of one match to another - how much
> practice do they get?

Way more than I get before league. My 5-person league gets 10 minutes
of practice, which works out to 1 minute/person (two teams, ya know).

The pros get at least 5 minutes/person, and likely more.

--
Jeff Rife |
| http://www.nabs.net/Cartoons/Dilbert/LoveRanking.jpg


19 Nov 2005 00:35:39
Rick
Re: Masters

The TV show is set - 3 lefties - 2 amateurs. Ken Muscato is one of he best
amateurs in the country. I'll be pulling for him to win. He took the long
road (18 games today) to get to TV show and he is the 4th seed, so why not.


"Rick" <[email protected] > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>I find it interesting that the masters has run for 3 days and not one peep
>on this group.
>
> FYI - Walter Ray averaged 243 yesterday and ended up in the losers
> bracket!
>